Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Kaczman
    http://members.cardomain.com/kaczmanwwk
    for the colorblind, you get the award for the most annoying choice of colors ever. I think I went completely blind for a moment there hehehe
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Does anybody else notice a difference in the "blue pixel" problem depending on the type of light? I don't get them when I'm outdoors or in a room with fluorescent lighting, but I do when the light is from an incandescent source. I remember reading somewhere that fluorescent lighting is supposed to be closer on the spectrum to natural sunlight, and maybe that's the issue.
    Just wanted to share a pic... parking lot at work . I must be bored!!

LOL

IGO
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    The sky in Columbia, MD this morning when walking out of CompUSA.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    My solution was to implement it and take a shot of something blue
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    You bunch of loosers with your crappy Treo's. Check out this awesome pic taken by my T-Mobile SideKick and quiver with jealousy:
    Originally posted by jwindsurfer
    You bunch of loosers with your crappy Treo's. Check out this awesome pic taken by my T-Mobile SideKick and quiver with jealousy:
    The image needs to be larger than 8 X 8 pixels to be able to determine the image quality.

Cluemeister
    That's the max that comes on the Sidekick. But here's another one just to rub it in. You can almost just make out what it is if you already know what it is.
    Sorry jwindsurfer,

I tried to see it but I went blind squinting.

Thanks for providing some perspective to this situation!

Cluemeister
    Here are two pictures I took in a low-light situation.

This is from my Treo 600. (see next msg. for comparison)
    Here's the exact same photo opp taken with my roommate's Sony Ericsson P800.

After comparing these photos and looking at all the high rez graphics and PDA features (including Bluetooth) on his phone, I am considering returning the Treo and getting the P800. I've been a Treo 270 then 300 user since they first came out, and I think I've just become unreasonably defensive about what the Treo is really capable of. Maybe I've been blind to all the innovations that are out there.
    After looking at all of the pictures, one question comes to mind. Will it by possable to improve the pictures with a software fix? If not, the camera is just the iceing on the cake. The treo 600 is a great devise.
    Remember the old saying you can't be all things to all people.
    Steve
    Originally posted by paulhorne
    After comparing these photos and looking at all the high rez graphics and PDA features (including Bluetooth) on his phone, I am considering returning the Treo and getting the P800.
    The scary thing is that the P800's camera isn't considered to be very good in comparison to a lot of other camera phones.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by Steve McNerney
    After looking at all of the pictures, one question comes to mind. Will it by possable to improve the pictures with a software fix?
    Excellent question. I'd say that it definitely should be possible, but whether or not it will happen is another question. There are really two places in software where it could be improved. First, there's probably some OS-level firmware that would need to be improved by Handspring. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that, but you never know. The other place it could be improved is if a 3rd party developer creates a replacement camera app which massages the photos automatically and squeezes out more quality. If Handspring exposed the camera APIs to developers, this is quite possible. There's a third place it could be improved. Someone could develop an app that runs on the Treo and allows you to tweak the photo after you've already taken it.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Originally posted by jwindsurfer
    Hey looks great!

If you use a Magnifying Glass!
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I had a SE P800 a couple of months ago. I sold it and bought a Treo 270 to wait for the 600 to arrive.

It depends on what is important to you. The camera in the P800 might be a tiny bit better, but honestly both are incredibly pathetic compared to any real camera. They are cute toys to have when you really need to capture a moment to send to someone.

I sold my P800 because of the use model. It really wasn't any better and showed the same or less info on screen from a lower end phone when the pad was closed. When the pad was open, you had to use a stylus to do ANYTHING. Additionally the stylus they use is an oriental torture device that clips on the slide, is hard to get out, and seems designed to cause you to die from stress because you're afraid to lose or break it. There is no such time as a fast lookup and although it's ARM based like the 600 I found it much slower than the Sprint 600 I'm using right now. Most additional software is very lame, and the few marginally useful ones are $30 or more. One last note on software. When I move to a new Palm device, I keep my hotsync ID and my paid for software works. On the P800 and other Symbian phones, the software is using an ID that is phone hardware specific. So if your phone gets a problem and you replace it, guess what? Your software is now unlicensed (and probably stops working). I assume vendors will help you, but it could be an incredible pain.

On the plus side, I loved the integrated bluetooth. But my over year old SE T68i had this and worked actually slightly better for this than the P800.

Again, if it has advantages you are looking for go for it. But in my experience I was vastly disappointed. Also size wise it doesn't have any advantage to the Treo 600 in my opinion.

Originally posted by paulhorne
    Here's the exact same photo opp taken with my roommate's Sony Ericsson P800.

After comparing these photos and looking at all the high rez graphics and PDA features (including Bluetooth) on his phone, I am considering returning the Treo and getting the P800. I've been a Treo 270 then 300 user since they first came out, and I think I've just become unreasonably defensive about what the Treo is really capable of. Maybe I've been blind to all the innovations that are out there.
    A fix to the camera would have to take place during the shot, assuming the optics are better than the pictures the camera is taking. A post software "fix" that modified the shot would not be a true solution. Sure you can alter the balance and tones, but you will still be suffering lost detail that was lost in the original shot. Garbage in, garbage out is very true in these kinds of things. The master has to be clean.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    here's one i took with mt treo600-- they don't always come out this good!
    I took this the other day
    Originally posted by bcaslis
    I had a SE P800 a couple of months ago. I sold it and bought a Treo 270 to wait for the 600 to arrive.

It depends on what is important to you. The camera in the P800 might be a tiny bit better, but honestly both are incredibly pathetic compared to any real camera. They are cute toys to have when you really need to capture a moment to send to someone.

I sold my P800 because of the use model. It really wasn't any better and showed the same or less info on screen from a lower end phone when the pad was closed. When the pad was open, you had to use a stylus to do ANYTHING. Additionally the stylus they use is an oriental torture device that clips on the slide, is hard to get out, and seems designed to cause you to die from stress because you're afraid to lose or break it. There is no such time as a fast lookup and although it's ARM based like the 600 I found it much slower than the Sprint 600 I'm using right now. Most additional software is very lame, and the few marginally useful ones are $30 or more. One last note on software. When I move to a new Palm device, I keep my hotsync ID and my paid for software works. On the P800 and other Symbian phones, the software is using an ID that is phone hardware specific. So if your phone gets a problem and you replace it, guess what? Your software is now unlicensed (and probably stops working). I assume vendors will help you, but it could be an incredible pain.

On the plus side, I loved the integrated bluetooth. But my over year old SE T68i had this and worked actually slightly better for this than the P800.

Again, if it has advantages you are looking for go for it. But in my experience I was vastly disappointed. Also size wise it doesn't have any advantage to the Treo 600 in my opinion.

Thanks Bcaslis -- interesting to hear your experience.

I would probably be a lot happier if Splashphoto would work better with the 600, and if Treo Picture Caller ID would work. I think I have a workaround to get pictures from my Mac into the 600, but the caller ID software has got to be FULL SCREEN on this tiny screen. I can't believe the "pictures" program only shows a tiny box with the picture when someone calls... lame.

I'll hang on a bit longer -- it's growing on me as I get used to the new design. But I learned that I care more about picture MANAGEMENT (slide show, caller id, etc.) than I do in camera ability. Not sure when I'd ever take a picture with this.

Althought my Casio Exilim is credit card sized, and takes fantastic photos.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast