Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    immtbiker, your pictures look different (and dare I say better) than most of the pictures I've seen in terms of picture quality. Are you modifying those pictures at all (e.g. - resizing them, etc.)? For one thing, they seem a bit sharper.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    SprintTreoUser, I like that picture best. How accurate are the colors portrayed?

Scott
    Scott...
    Those pictures were taken in the brightest light possible, (sunshine @4000 feet)... my indoor pics, and my city street pics (especially one I took for proof to fight a parking ticket), suck!
    I have .7MB camera on my camcorder, that although, is only a little better in pixels, uses a Carl Zeiss lens that allows in a huge amount of light. The lens is 5 times the size and the quality of the glass curvature probably cost more than the whole T600.
    If the Treo used a bigger, better lens, which is not necessary being that the camera is not a main function of a PDA/Phone combo, the pictures would be a lot better. a $200 digi camera will blow away the Treo, and a $5 disposable camera, will blow away most < 5 megapixel cameras. IMHO.
    This pic is of me in a giant clam at Weekee Wachee Springs in Weekee Wachee Florida. Taken with my Treo600.
    The world is my oyster and my Treo is the pearl inside!!!
    my treo arrived 1 day too lax
    my treo arrived 1 day too late . . .my wife got into minor car accident few days ago. and our treos were on our front porch
    My Doggy Doo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -
    "SprintTreoUser, I like that picture best. How accurate are the colors portrayed?

Scott"

Scott, here's basically the same picture taken with my Canon Elph 2.0 Megapixel for a color comparisn. I report, you decide!
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 10/16/2003 at 06:50 PM.
    Here's a picture that I took of myself in the bathroom mirror at night with just the bathroom lights which constist of four 40-watt incandescent bulbs.

I noticed that when I first went into the Camera application, the image on the Treo screen had a red tint that would not go away until I pointed the camera directly at the lights. Then the red tint went away.

http://www.directlogic.com/private/selfpic.jpg
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    Scott, here's basically the same picture taken with my Canon Elph 2.0 Megapixel for a color comparisn. I report, you decide!
    Ah, why did you have to go and ruin it? It didn't look too bad until you gave me a proper photo to compare it to. Note to others: Yes, the picture taken with the Canon is physically larger, but it appears to be around 800x600. The real difference in quality is not the added detail that the resolution boost provides, but significantly overall lost clarity at even 640x480 as well as numerous other issues with color and shadow detail.

I'm willing to concede that the Treo 600's camera is better than nothing, but I'm not willing to go far beyond that. Here's my point: Having the Treo 600 camera would allow me to take photos of things I deemed important to capture (car accident, a product at the grocery store if I want to email it to my wife to ask her to confirm that that's what she wanted, etc.). But if I was somewhere with my daughter and wanted to capture a picture of her, I couldn't help but think "Why do I even want to bother, this is going to look awful." Just to state for the umpteenth time, I don't need resolution higher than 640x480, I just want that 640x480 to be good. TreoUser, can your Elph take images at a resolution of 640x480 (I should know the answer to that since I own this same camera)? If so, can you link to a picture of that same fish tank at 640x480?

Sorry to hijack this thread with my "poor image quality" rant.

Scott
    Scott, I've attached another picture I just shot with the camera set on 640 x 480 and standard quality. I don't ever remember changing the size on the other one, but I'm pretty sure that was taken in the fine quality mode.

I should add, that this was taken this morning in a bright room. The others were taken at night. If you want, I will take another one tonight so that all conditions are equal.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 10/17/2003 at 08:03 AM.
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    I should add, that this was taken this morning in a bright room. The others were taken at night. If you want, I will take another one tonight so that all conditions are equal.
    Could you also try to take this same picture with the Treo (on the same conditions)? It would be interesting to see the difference with good light as well.

Cheers,
    Daniel.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by minute

Could you also try to take this same picture with the Treo (on the same conditions)? It would be interesting to see the difference with good light as well.

Cheers,
    Daniel.
    [/QUOTE

Done! Here you go!
    this one tops em all!!
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    My wife at Worldcup paintball in Orlando.
    Now that picture of the Firebird is NICE! I haven't been able to get anything CLOSE to that quality...I wonder if my camera is defective??
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I win.
    Last edited by scrumpy; 10/18/2003 at 10:52 PM.
    Barrett
    here's my pic
    lots o light helped
    Barrett
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast