1.    #1  
    I hope some of my keyboard discoveries help you all. Forgive me for those that are incredibly obvious...

Blazer/Web - move focus to the icons even while page is loading. Press spacebar. Very useful to cancel a page load without having to use stylus.

Web - use the numbers to surf specially coded pages like HS new mobile portal - www.handspring.com/mobileportal. Those numbers next to the links can be surfed by simply pressing the number on the keypad. Look at the page source if you want to fix up your own portal to do the same. It's very simple. e.g. modify the <a href> tag to look like this <a accesskey="1" href=...>.

Web/Blazer - left and right navigate down the links on a page but only for visible links AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $So$ $you$ $just$ $scroll$ $to$ $the$ $general$ $area$ $of$ $the$ $page$ $and$ $then$ $start$ $scrolling$ $the$ $links$ $to$ $focus$ $on$ $the$ $area$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $jump$ $to$ $if$ $there$ $are$ $very$ $many$ $links$.

Last number redial - press phone button and then simply center button twice. If you only press once you can, of course, see last ten numbers and choose another from below.

Press and hold 1 for voicemail. This also means you cannot assign E as a speed-dial.

Favorite key assignments in Phone can be made for Option and Key in addition to regular keys. e.g. assign @ as a shortcut. That way you can dual function some buttons with an extra keypress. This does not work for the numeric keypad or telephony characters.

General menus - you never need to actually see the menu item to use shortcuts. e.g. in Phone, menu + I will pop up Phone Info. No need to navigate to the Options menu until you see the item.

Old but useful trick - assign a shortcut to be a complex password. Then use the shortcut and a simple string to type this into the password field for the Security application. This enable you to have a very secure password but also to have a simple way to enter it that is memorable. Dont blame me if you lock yourself out trying this. Try it with a simple password first.

Mail - nearly all Mail applications that do POP3/IMAP will check your mail when you assign the app to an application button. Very useful for discrete mail checks in boring meets.

One-handedness - Making the 5-way focus move to action buttons when you select something: This is kind of odd to explain but once you get it on Treo 600, it makes sense.

Say I am in Calendar/DateBook and I want to go to Details for a particular event. I scroll down the list of events using up and down. When I get to the event I want to view/change, how do I select it and get to the details button? It is quite simple. Press center once. You notice the highlight changes from dark blue to light blue. Look where the 5-way highlight is - it has no moved to Details button. You can use left or right now to select Details, New or Go buttons. Contacts behaves a little differently. Press left or right to select a name or number and you will see the highlight change from dark to lightblue on the name/number plus you see the focus move to the buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Launcher - you can type multiple letters to get to an application now. E.g. to get to Prefs, you can type PRPRPR $or$ $PRE$. $It$ $used$ $to$ $be$ $only$ $one$ $letter$ $to$ $get$ $to$ $the$ $first$ $P$ $entry$.

Pg Up/Dn - Some applications allow paging. E.g. in Memo, you can jump in whole pages by pressing Option+Up/Dn keys.

Phone - return to active call view if you navigated away during a call. Press the phone button.

Call control while on a call (all 2-way toggles)- Spacebar=Speakerphone, Backspace=hangup, period (.) = hold. Anyone know if there is a keyboard button for mute toggle?

Contacts - how to get phone number type drop list - assigning work, home, Fax etc to a number without using the stylus is somewhat of a myster until you fool around with the 5-way. Press left arrow in the number field and the list drops down.

Favorites - assigned quickkey buttons are only active when in phone or favorites views.
    Excellent information!
    Originally posted by Poryphyron

Contacts - how to get phone number type drop list - assigning work, home, Fax etc to a number without using the stylus is somewhat of a myster until you fool around with the 5-way. Press left arrow in the number field and the list drops down.

Thanks for the tip... but correct me if I am wrong, are you saying in making a contact... if I assign .. fax, home, work # ... I will only see the name and 1st number, but by performing this... Press left arrow...it will give me the drop down list? I though all the contact field gave was a drop down list. I thought the contact list couldnt be condensed.
    ex. John Doe 123-456-7890 (w)
    123-456-7899 (h)
    123-456-7898 (m)
    Is this not the only option?
    On the 300, as well as in the 600 manual, it says you can activate Mute via the Return key while on a call (just like activating spkrphn via 'space' bar). Well - either I'm an *****, or just too dumb to make it work. I've tried this, and hitting return brings up the dial pad, rather than Mute, which it's supposed to do.

Perhaps it's some setting that makes this the case - ? If anyone can trigger mute via the return key, or some other combo, I'd like to know (yes, I just prefer keyboard activation rather than hitting the little 'mute' icon on the screen).

Thanks for any help.
    Originally posted by nrosser
    On the 300, as well as in the 600 manual, it says you can activate Mute via the Return key while on a call (just like activating spkrphn via 'space' bar). Well - either I'm an *****, or just too dumb to make it work. I've tried this, and hitting return brings up the dial pad, rather than Mute, which it's supposed to do.

Perhaps it's some setting that makes this the case - ? If anyone can trigger mute via the return key, or some other combo, I'd like to know (yes, I just prefer keyboard activation rather than hitting the little 'mute' icon on the screen).

Thanks for any help.
    While we are on the subject of mute, I didn't see anyone on TreoCentral mention the fact that a big ol flaw with the 300 was you can not dial numbers to go through when the mute is on.. SO if you are checking voice mail or whatever and want to hear it better without it cutting out due to background noise, now you can mute and still dial in your codes and things.

Couldn't do that with the 300.

Go Mute!
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    I hope some of my keyboard discoveries help you all.
    These are excellent! Would you mind if I posted some of these on treo600essentials.com?

Best,
    Derek.
    I'd be grateful for some advice. I've been experimenting with html authoring for the Treo600 & using "accesskey" in the href #name tag. It works great for me the first time I use the page. But when I browse to a new page and then use the navigator arrows to return to the page I have problems. Pressing the number keys highlight the correct option, but do not jump anywhere on the page. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.