1.    #1  
    As most know, cell phone devices (and even the 300) have less than stellar chord capabilities. How does the 600 fair in this department?

Could someone test out this midi from their computer and let me know how major the differences are on their 600?

Much appreciated!

For the JAN HAMMER (and Vice City fans )

Ah yessss, aren't these synthesizers getting so popular nowadays?
    Originally posted by Darth Pooh
    As most know, cell phone devices (and even the 300) have less than stellar chord capabilities. How does the 600 fair in this department?

Could someone test out this midi from their computer and let me know how major the differences are on their 600?

Much appreciated!

For the JAN HAMMER (and Vice City fans )

Ah yessss, aren't these synthesizers getting so popular nowadays?
    Good question. I noticed this myself. Ringtones sounded much better on my brother's A500 even when taken from the same exact midi. I hope they improved the midi synth quality for the Treo 600.
  3.    #3  
    You would think a device that has MP3 capabilities would have a better chord table than the 300 (which was capable of bleeps and bloops, sometimes blips).

I guess no one has tested or paid attention to the differences.
    You would think a device that has MP3 capabilities would have a better chord table than the 300 (which was capable of bleeps and bloops, sometimes blips).

I guess no one has tested or paid attention to the differences.
    You can't really go by that. MP3's are digitally recorded real world sounds. Midi's are generated from a bank of notes and sounds that are put together by the midi file. High MP3 quality doesn't mean high midi quality.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by letsgoflyers81

You can't really go by that. MP3's are digitally recorded real world sounds. Midi's are generated from a bank of notes and sounds that are put together by the midi file. High MP3 quality doesn't mean high midi quality.
    I wasn't comparing apples to oranges... I know obviously MP3 capabilities aren't associated with Midi Chord Tables... HOWEVER.... with that being said, I think if a device can do X (x being MP3 playback) than it should have y (y meaning a decent midi playback). I wasn't implying since x than y. Merely, since x, perhaps y isn't far-fetched.

I apologize for not explaining it a little slower to a Flyer's fan. My mistake, won't happen again.

I wasn't comparing apples to oranges... I know obviously MP3 capabilities aren't associated with Midi Chord Tables... HOWEVER.... with that being said, I think if a device can do X (x being MP3 playback) than it should have y (y meaning a decent midi playback). I wasn't implying since x than y. Merely, since x, perhaps y isn't far-fetched.

I apologize for not explaining it a little slower to a Flyer's fan. My mistake, won't happen again.
    You're the one that introduced oranges into the conversation about apples. That's exactly my point, midi is in no way related to mp3. So why should excellence in one mean excellence in the other? They have nothing to do with each other.

You should have been more clear. I guess I'm dumb for being a Flyers fan then... Why don't you go use the force on a nice pot of honey.
    I've also noticed that certain instruments will sound very quiet on the Treo 600. I downloaded a few songs as mp3s onto the Treo and the guitar parts especially were so quiet that they're unusable as ringtones.
  8.    #8  

You're the one that introduced oranges into the conversation about apples. That's exactly my point, midi is in no way related to mp3. So why should excellence in one mean excellence in the other? They have nothing to do with each other.

You should have been more clear. I guess I'm dumb for being a Flyers fan then... Why don't you go use the force on a nice pot of honey.
    Gee, I shouldn't have tried to associate MP3 capabilities and extensive WAV tables... WOW, I mean, it was such a far strectch for me to do such a thing. My point was not to assume excellence in one dictating excellence or improvement in another, but a simple reference point. Why would they allow the MP3 format to be recognized on the system and leave the Midi format in the dark ages? That was my implication of apples to oranges.

I guess insulting my screen name makes you feel better about your precious hockey team? Than insult away, it won't make Bobby Clark go away any faster.
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by jhoff80
    I've also noticed that certain instruments will sound very quiet on the Treo 600. I downloaded a few songs as mp3s onto the Treo and the guitar parts especially were so quiet that they're unusable as ringtones.
    I assume you meant Midi's... that is a shame to hear, I was looking forward to quite a few Pink Floyd ringers, which is a lot of guitar synth going on.

Anyone else care to interject?

Gee, I shouldn't have tried to associate MP3 capabilities and extensive WAV tables... WOW, I mean, it was such a far strectch for me to do such a thing. My point was not to assume excellence in one dictating excellence or improvement in another, but a simple reference point. Why would they allow the MP3 format to be recognized on the system and leave the Midi format in the dark ages? That was my implication of apples to oranges.

I guess insulting my screen name makes you feel better about your precious hockey team? Than insult away, it won't make Bobby Clark go away any faster.

You can associate midis with mp3s all you want. It won't make it any more relevant.

And you started the personal trash talking. Don't point the finger at me. If you're going to talk about someone (Bobby Clarke), at least spell his name right.
  11.    #11  

You can associate midis with mp3s all you want. It won't make it any more relevant.

And you started the personal trash talking. Don't point the finger at me. If you're going to talk about someone (Bobby Clarke), at least spell his name right.
    I was associating sound playback of one format to soundplay back of another format, once again, it isn't a stretch no matter what you need to believe. Technology wise, I am within rights here.

I was dead serious about talking slow for a Flyers fan. And you know it too... I suppose Bobby is upset that I left the "E" off his name. The rest of this city hates him, why can't you?

I was associating sound playback of one format to soundplay back of another format, once again, it isn't a stretch no matter what you need to believe. Technology wise, I am within rights here.

I was dead serious about talking slow for a Flyers fan. And you know it too... I suppose Bobby is upset that I left the "E" off his name. The rest of this city hates him, why can't you?
    No, you're not within right. You have no rights. That's all I have to say about that.

When did I say I didn't hate Clarke? I hate him as much as the next Flyers fan. He's f'ed up the team too many times and he has to go.