1.    #1  
    Does anybody know which files to transfer after you made a hard reset and don't want the old preferences installed in the Treo 600 under Palm Desktop 4.1 for Mac OS 10.2.8?

All I want is my data (which is the "User Data") and my speed dial = Favorites, the buttons and the bookmarks. I had a problem that caused the T600 to crash every time I pressed a letter while typing an URL in Blazer. A hard reset fixed it but now I have to start from scratch for all my favorites.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: If anybody has a problem with cookies, perform a hard reset and it should work fine.
    I would like to know too. The Favorites are not in the bookmarks nor the Saved Preferneces. Anyone know what file the Favorites are in?
    PhoneFavoritesDb.pdb and Bookmarks.pdb.

These are backed up and restored in the new vesion of my app, coming soon.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t39026/s.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    PhoneFavoritesDb.pdb and Bookmarks.pdb.

These are backed up and restored in the new vesion of my app, coming soon.
    Where exactly is the Bookmarks.pdb located in the directory structure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrigel View Post
    Does anybody know which files to transfer after you made a hard reset and don't want the old preferences installed in the Treo 600 under Palm Desktop 4.1 for Mac OS 10.2.8?

All I want is my data (which is the "User Data") and my speed dial = Favorites, the buttons and the bookmarks. I had a problem that caused the T600 to crash every time I pressed a letter while typing an URL in Blazer. A hard reset fixed it but now I have to start from scratch for all my favorites.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: If anybody has a problem with cookies, perform a hard reset and it should work fine.
    if you've recently backed up your treo via hotsync then you should already have this info to sync back in - just remember to set the sync prefs to 'computer overwrites phone' before you push the hot button. yes i learned this the hard way MORE THAN ONCE over the last 13yrs or so, lol.

i dont understand what you mean by 'old prefs' but i'm going to guess you HAVEN"T synced it since you changed the speed dial and bookmarks.

if you have another version of hotsync with the databases you want to drag to a newer sync software are looking for the files(backup copies) on your mac i'd try the good ol "open apple f" (the apple key by the space bar and the f in that order if you're a newbie on mac as well) command then paste in the .pdb titles one at a time that Cyril posted for you here and you should be able to find it.

being that you still use a treo 600 i'll recommend MarkSpace software (i used it for 2yrs before going webos and LOVED it) which is pc/mac and u can actually hand check every type of backup you want on you phone so you dont have to do say the 3500 contacts every time but can update bookmarks, music from itunes, etc. it was $20 i think back then but well worth it and still available. they have awesome support.
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".