Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all...
    Just ordered my new Bellagio (www.bellagiodesigns.com) case for my 600.
    I've seen their cases all over the place, and they're the best made cases out there. I've had one previouslyand recommend them to anyone who asks.
    Can't wait to see this one!

JT
    I plan to order a case from them as well, but I wanted to warn everyone that they don't have a secure site for entering your credit card information (at least, not that I could tell). Typically the browser will show a lock in the lower right corner to show it's secure, but it's not showing when you go to their site. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to place the order. I know it's probably not any more secure than ordering on an unsecure web site, but I feel better about it. Too many incidents of credit card fraud already... Just figured I'd warn any others that might be concerned about security.

Heres the link, if anyone's interested:

http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showc...d_category3=28
    Once you go to the place to enter your CC number you are brought to secure website, not it switches to https.

Adam
    Adam Mazza
    I realized that when I moved to the page where you enter your credit card information, I told it to display secure and non-secure information. That makes the lock in the corner disappear, even though all the pertinent information is secure. My mistake. I just completed my order...
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Looks good to me - just one question - is there a piece of plastic over the keyboard like some other cases, or is it unprotected (I prefer to have the feel of the keys rather then a piece of plastic)
  6.    #6  
    I asked them the same question about the plastic....
    They told me there is no plastic and that most people prefer to be able to touch the keys....
    Great job guys!!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I'm probably going to wind up getting this case, but I want a reaction from someone else first. Investing $50 in a case isn't a problem it's just an investment, and I wan to hear first hand someones likes / dislikes about it. Someone made a point in another post, that the flip top might get in the way of the phone, and detract from the actual comfort factor of holding the phone....
    Originally posted by cue79
    I'm probably going to wind up getting this case, but I want a reaction from someone else first. Investing $50 in a case isn't a problem it's just an investment, and I wan to hear first hand someones likes / dislikes about it. Someone made a point in another post, that the flip top might get in the way of the phone, and detract from the actual comfort factor of holding the phone....
    I would share your concerns regarding the flip top. I got the Handspring fitted leather case, and am still wondering why everyone talking about no good cases available (well, not everyone). It looks very good, it protects the screen and the keys from splashes, etc., the phone remains very accessible (you can even use the stylus, even for *dragging* an item, right through the plastic on the screen, though I suspect it may shorten the life of the plastic eventually). The back has a section that flips down to expose the camera lens and the rear speaker. It even helps to prevent the SD card from popping out. The keys are a little less distinct under your fingertips, but it hasn't slowed me down much.

My only complaints would be that if you use the belt clip, the rotation does not lock into place very securely, meaning the phone can rotate a little off kilter, but it remains securely attached to the belt clip. And secondly, it holds the phone a little far away from your hip: I think this feels more vulnerable than it really is, but more importantly, it's hard to sense that wimpy vibration already discussed elsewhere.

Any questions?

(No, I don't earn a commision for this endorsement!)
    Originally posted by TreoTheo

Any questions?
    How thick is the plastic covering? Is it as thin as saran-wrap, or can you compare it to some other household item? I admit, I'm still skeptical to being able to easily use the keyboard through the plastic.
    Originally posted by wcarlson40

How thick is the plastic covering? Is it as thin as saran-wrap, or can you compare it to some other household item? I admit, I'm still skeptical to being able to easily use the keyboard through the plastic.
    Thickness similar to another one I have for the iPod that covers the screen (but not the dial) of the iPod. But more important than thickness, it it's *very soft* so you can feel some contour for each individual key under your fingers quite well. You might even convince yourself you can feel the little nubbin of a guide on the F key. What's more impressive is that you can actually use the stylus through it, though it feels slightly insensitive. Although, as everyone has been saying, you rarely need to use the stylus, anyway. I have one map program that requires dragging, and so does the volume on Pocket Tunes. Otherwise, the screen covering should hold up well. You probably ought to try it to judge--unfortunately, you might loose some shipping. To me, it doesn't feel restrictive at all and the screen is still clear through it. I suppose if T600 had the 320 resolution, it might look too blurry, but for 160, it looks find--readibility is not an issue.
    Originally posted by cue79

I would keep looking towards the bellagio like your doing. I am planning on ordering one myself. I got the form fitting case from handspring on Friday with my T600 and I was very disappointed with it. I have been looking for another case since I took the form fitting one out of the plastic and started using it. (Thanks to Joe treo for posting about the Bellagio, it looks like just the item to get). I think the plastic is a horrible feel and it definitely gets in the way. For example at times when you push the calendar button it also pushes the left of the navi button sending you off to the web. It definitely creates problem for typing. It is soft but overall it does more harm than good. I would prefer to stay with a case that has a protective cover but (if the flip is solid) one that flips out of the way so you can quickly see who is calling or use the t600 with out taking the case out. Even worse is the hole for the ear bud on the bottom of the case. It's just too small and it doesn't allow for a snug fit which results in it coming loose no matter how much you push it in. It is starting to stretch as leather naturally will) but I shouldn’t have to stretch a case to get it to work properly, it should have been designed with a bigger opening. The swivel is definitely too loose (as posted already) and the worst part of all is the clip. For starters it has an "L' shaped hook (and a small one at that) which doesn't 'hook' your expensive investment to your belt very well at all. To make matters worse is that it's not wide enough for a standard sized leather belt. As a matter of fact it’s not wide at all. So when you put it on the belt it stays open a little and with the small "L" on the bottom of the clip it doesn't really hook at all. It should have been wider and it should have been a curved hook like on the plastic holster that HS sold for the T300. There definitely are better alternative for your T600. I will hopefully post on the bellagio when I hopefully get it.

Thanks Joe Treo for posting this thread. In my humble opinion a good quality functioning case is a must.
    Originally posted by aacnyc

I would keep looking towards the bellagio like your doing. I am planning on ordering one myself. I got the form fitting case from handspring on Friday with my T600 and I was very disappointed with it. I have been looking for another case since I took the form fitting one out of the plastic and started using it. (Thanks to Joe treo for posting about the Bellagio, it looks like just the item to get). I think the plastic is a horrible feel and it definitely gets in the way. For example at times when you push the calendar button it also pushes the left of the navi button sending you off to the web. It definitely creates problem for typing. It is soft but overall it does more harm than good. I would prefer to stay with a case that has a protective cover but (if the flip is solid) one that flips out of the way so you can quickly see who is calling or use the t600 with out taking the case out. Even worse is the hole for the ear bud on the bottom of the case. It's just too small and it doesn't allow for a snug fit which results in it coming loose no matter how much you push it in. It is starting to stretch as leather naturally will) but I shouldn’t have to stretch a case to get it to work properly, it should have been designed with a bigger opening. The swivel is definitely too loose (as posted already) and the worst part of all is the clip. For starters it has an "L' shaped hook (and a small one at that) which doesn't 'hook' your expensive investment to your belt very well at all. To make matters worse is that it's not wide enough for a standard sized leather belt. As a matter of fact it’s not wide at all. So when you put it on the belt it stays open a little and with the small "L" on the bottom of the clip it doesn't really hook at all. It should have been wider and it should have been a curved hook like on the plastic holster that HS sold for the T300. There definitely are better alternative for your T600. I will hopefully post on the bellagio when I hopefully get it.

Thanks Joe Treo for posting this thread. In my humble opinion a good quality functioning case is a must.

Very interesting. I don't doubt aac's experience, but just to show you that it may be different for each end-user:
    1. I've had no trouble with the plastic, which I find exceptionally supple (we'll see if that's still true in January!) and I've never pressed a wrong non-QWERTY button (in 3 days of use).
    2. I've had solid flip lid cases and find them very obtrusive, and I don't like them flinging around when typing.
    3. I had forgotten that the first time or two I used the phone, the earpiece jack did disengage. It seems I've adapted so that it doesn't any more. But I agree that hole might be a bit larger.
    4. I'm currently wearing a belt 1 inch across, and the "L" hooks it very well, gently clasping the fabric in my pants to the underedge of the belt. It's a very firm, snug grip. Interestingly, I just stopped typing to compare the two cases, and the new one works better if you have the clip inside the waistline and then outside the belt. The old Treo300 plastic holster works better if you only clip it around the belt itself. But comparing each in their best grip, the new is overall more stable (does not angle in and out), whereas older is more difficult to physically remove from belt, but this stress is less likely to occur in daily wear.

So there you have it, two completely different impressions based on different ergonomics, I suspect (aac's large thumbs and belt--just kidding).

Try it out for a field test if you can first!
    Originally posted by brickjr
    I plan to order a case from them as well, but I wanted to warn everyone that they don't have a secure site for entering your credit card information (at least, not that I could tell). Typically the browser will show a lock in the lower right corner to show it's secure, but it's not showing when you go to their site. I'm planning on calling them tomorrow to place the order. I know it's probably not any more secure than ordering on an unsecure web site, but I feel better about it. Too many incidents of credit card fraud already... Just figured I'd warn any others that might be concerned about security.

Heres the link, if anyone's interested:

http://www.bellagiodesigns.com/showc...d_category3=28
    What would be more likely? A computer hacker monitoring your credit card entry at exactly the point in time you are transmitting it, or a janitor peering through all the paper orders from people that called in and copying down credit card numbers? The E-commerce threat is way overrated.
    fortunately here in the UK, only builders wear their phones on their belt clips, thus enabling them to keep up with better paying jobs whilst hanging off the scaffolding! I might, however, get one to prevent scratches from keys etc.
    Originally posted by Joe Treo
    I asked them the same question about the plastic....
    They told me there is no plastic and that most people prefer to be able to touch the keys....
    Great job guys!!!
    How about over the screen? Did they cover it with plastic or is it more "open-faced"?

Thanks!

Tina
    Originally posted by Joe Treo
    Hey all...
    Just ordered my new Bellagio (www.bellagiodesigns.com) case for my 600.
    I've seen their cases all over the place, and they're the best made cases out there. I've had one previouslyand recommend them to anyone who asks.
    Can't wait to see this one!
    Joe, one question about the case you had. Does the clip rotate and lock in place so the phone can be horizontal? From the look of the 600 case clip, it is located at the top of the case. So it seems that it would not be able to be carried horizontally?
    Originally posted by bbdwebz

Joe, one question about the case you had. Does the clip rotate and lock in place so the phone can be horizontal? From the look of the 600 case clip, it is located at the top of the case. So it seems that it would not be able to be carried horizontally?
    The form fitting case will stay horizontal, but it occasionally rotates 1/2-1 notch--about 30 degrees. Usually not an issue if you work in an office. If however, you hand from scaffolding...
    How much bulk will the bellagio case add to the treo. I love the feel of it in my pocket without a case, will it feel roughly the same?
    I bought from Bellagio 71 days ago and didn´t receive my case up to now.

At first complain they just blamed USPS saying that they don´t offer tracking for their shipments!! (on the same week I bought some accessories from Seido that arrived in 15 days using USPS with tracking)

They said that they sent a replacement 41 days ago, but I can´t get any information about this shipment, USPS site only gives this info:

Your item was accepted at 9:34 am on August 14, 2004 in PARAMUS, NJ 07652.
    No further information is available for this item

Now they are just ignoring my emails and didn´t refunding my money

It is hard to believe that in 2 shipping’s USPS failed to deliver a small
    box. I've bought many things from US in the last 6 years, and never one order got lost or took so long to arrive here.

Artou
    Mine arrived by USPS two days after I ordered; was a very small box they put right in my mailbox with the rest of the mail. What has your post office said? You might want to ask your letter carrier, too, they might remember delivering it or not delivering it, especially if that had to do something special with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast