Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The battery differences between the Tmobile GSM and the CDMA Sprint T600 has caused me to bail on my HS/Sprint order and stick it out until Tmobile gets their act together. The differences in battery life are amazingly stark from what I read. Its a huge issue for me. 70% more battery life is a tremendous advantage for the Tmobile GSM. So, hello(again) Tmobile! I am sorry for wanting to leave ya...

It depends how you use the phone, but the battery life on my Sprint phone is more than adequate. However, I tend to plug it into a car charger when I'm on the road, and I tend to charge the phone at home each night for at least an hour or so. That said, when I haven't charge during the day and have made heavy use of voice, wireless data and PDA functions, I still have never fallen below about 35% charge.
    i'd take sprint over tmobile any day even at the cost of poorer battery life. tmobile's service coverage isn't simply at par with the other big guys like sprint and verizon at least in where i live... the NY Metro...
    I used to use Cingular and they really stink!! Now what system does T-Mobile uses? That's right, Cingular and they don't get special treatment. Verizon is the best but they don't have cool pda phones.

I am talking for the SF Bay Area.
    We're only talkin an hour difference....how is that 70% greater?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    i'd take sprint over tmobile any day even at the cost of poorer battery life. tmobile's service coverage isn't simply at par with the other big guys like sprint and verizon at least in where i live
    yep..same here...Los Angeles area.

Bought the sidekick last year and switch to t-mobile, after several months I ate my contract and went back to sprint.
    CDMA has faster data speed than GSM.

I would rather have the faster data speed at the sacrifice of a weaker battery.

But if you are used to a T300 with such a pitiful battery life, when you upgrade to the T600, well...the change is so significant.

Lovin my 6,
    N
    TRUE THAT BAGUION!!!!
    Most of the people that have reviewed the GSM T600 have stated they got over 6 hours and up to 7+ talk time with the GSM version while they got between 3.75 and 4.5 on the CDMA.
    Don't GSM phones have better battery life to begin with?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    as u all know, when there's weak signal strength, the phone will suck your battery out like there's no tomorrow. as long as you feel that your GSM carrier has a great coverage in your area, then GSM is your choice.
    Of course GSM rules,some people are just beginning to know. and of course easiest and cheapest to text w/ GSM.
    Its funny how you all can debate endlessly about a product that no one has seen, used, or is even on the market yet.

I beta test cell phones, and they are ALL different on different networks.

Sprint systmet may theoretically be faster, but the difference in the real world will hardly be felt due to the bandwidth on GSM systems.

Before you argue it, maybe you should experince it. AND NO I DID NOT BET TEST THE GSM 600.
    I use Sprint because of the $10 unlimited Data. I don't think any other carriers come close. Also, I get better coverage than my workmates who have GSM, in Century City, LA.

I wonder though why there is a difference in battery life. Do CDMA radios put out more radiation?? Hope not.
    Originally posted by mharpen
    I use Sprint because of the $10 unlimited Data. I don't think any other carriers come close. Also, I get better coverage than my workmates who have GSM, in Century City, LA.

I wonder though why there is a difference in battery life. Do CDMA radios put out more radiation?? Hope not.
    hello am curious what do you mean sprint offer 10 bucks for unlimited data? is that include 50 bucks service fee monthly??
    spritn charges me $10 a month for unlimited vision use, that makes it the world's biggest bargin, as you cna be online 24/7 for online$10 a month! take care, jay
    ps i agree, as far as I know they have by far the cheapest rate. most other firms charge by amount data downloaded or per min/hour! Jay
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ilovedessert
    spritn charges me $10 a month for unlimited vision use, that makes it the world's biggest bargin, as you cna be online 24/7 for online$10 a month! take care, jay
    ps i agree, as far as I know they have by far the cheapest rate. most other firms charge by amount data downloaded or per min/hour! Jay
    While you will save with the data plan as opposed to TMobile’s $20 for unlimited service, I think it probably makes sense to compare the whole bill, not just the data portion (unless you only use data).

With TMobile I have 3000 anytime minutes for $50 plus unlimited data for $20 more. So a total of about $70 per month for a ton of anytime voice and all the data I can eat. Granted at $50 per month the voice plan does not include roaming, but the local roaming and calling area for me is all of California and Nevada.

I use my phone a lot, mostly during the day and relatively close to home. It would cost me at least $125 a month to use a phone on Sprint the way I do on TMobile.
    As I understand it, the battery life on the Sprint phone is shorter because the wireless radio uses more watts in order to meet Sprint's specs. This would mean the signal reach is better with the Sprint version. I'd rather have a better connection and half the battery life rather than a lousy connection for a long time. I can always recharge, but I can't always stand on the roof with one leg sticking out. I've tried GSM with Cingular and T-Mobile and neither could penetrate the building I work in.
    Plus sprint charges $15 and not $10 now, unless you got on the $10 deal a year ago.
    I know that CDMA is faster but the GSM for some odd reason feels faster!!!! Dont know why.
    Spain will someday win the World Cup!!!
    As someone who used a 180 with T-Mo in NYC, I am very surprised at HYKI's comment on T-Mo poor coverage in the NYC area. I had super battery time AND great GPRS service with T-Mo there. Sprint did have a better pricing deal though...

No real SMS with CDMA.

And I moved to Turkey and brought my 180 with me, no w cruising GPRS on Turkcell... can't do that with a CDMA phone!
    -mbd26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast