1.    #1  
    I am a marketing executives dream, a classic “early adopter” always buying in the first round before the bugs are worked out. Since getting burned in the Palm 505/515 scandal I have been a bit more cautious with my high end gadget purchases. I made the jump from the combination of my 505, a Skytel pager and a nokia 3360 to just a Treo 300. My 300 replaces all three of its predecessors combined and then some.

Long story short I’m trying to talk myself into making the jump to the 600 but I just cant get up for it. Can anyone tell me what the 600 does that my 300 does not (keeping in mind I'm trying to talk myself into it not out of it). Oh…other than the camera I mean. I’m kind of a photo buff and take my digital picks kind of seriously. I've seen the picks from the treo and the kind of suck so the camera isn’t a plus for me.

Thanks!
    J.
    its like asking what is the diffrence between a 100$ suit, and a nice valentino, or giorgio armani suit - the answer is: Style - Functionality - Qauilty
    I you really are an early adopter you don't need a reason. You get it because it's available.

Take a look around this board and you'll see plenty of reasons to make the jump.
  4.    #4  
    Hey, thanks for the quick replies guys but I'm kind of looking for something concrete rather than conceptual. Kind of like “the 300 has blah, but the 600 has blah and blah”.

J.
    The one that sold me is: you can see the T600 display in direct sunlight where you can't with the T300.
    Originally posted by jptsr1
    Hey, thanks for the quick replies guys but I'm kind of looking for something concrete rather than conceptual. Kind of like “the 300 has blah, but the 600 has blah and blah”.

J.
    Use the search function, or browse the posts. Believe me, it has been discussed.
  7.    #7  
    Now were cooking with grease! I hate the fact that I can’t see my 300 outside without covering the screen with my hand. Anything else?

J.
  8.    #8  
    Intractv

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m well aware of how the search function works on this site and have already used it. I believe that I’m asking a very specific question though and would like to hear folks answer to it rather than answers to similar questions.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by jptsr1; 10/13/2003 at 08:31 PM.
  9. 7ss
    A few obvious improvements for me:

- SD card support to allow external storage. 16mb just doesn't cut it any more. Also eventually WiFi

- Integration, the one-handed usefulness is very impressive

- Battery life (I'd upgrade just for this)

- OS 5/Arm CPU huge increase in speed and power

- I really hate the flip especially when talking on the phone.

- It's a phone not a star trek gadget!
    jptsr1, how 'bout...
    1) It's fast, no wait time switching between apps!
    2) It's small, so small I'm amazed and I'm a tech geek with a 300
    3) The sound is AWESOME! You will not believe the volume and quality of the sound out of the little 1/4" speaker on the back...then put your headphones on!
    4) More room...32MB (24 useable) with an expansion slot!
    5) Built-in camera...so it's not megapixel, it's not meant to be, but I was impressed with the quality in sufficient lighting
    6) Great screen...hard to believe it's only a 160 rez...easily readable directly in sunlight even at only a third brightness where I keep mine to conserve battery
    7) Higher capacity battery
    8) Surf anywhere (just about) web browser that is much faster
    9) One-handed navigation...they are not kidding about this, you really don't have to use the stylus much anymore
    10) Quick access to what's important to you...programmable Favorites and quick buttons.

Come on, just get it...you know you want to!!!
    Originally posted by jptsr1
    Intractv

Thanks for the suggestion, I’m well aware of how the search function works on this site and have already used it. I believe that I’m asking a very specific question though and would rather hear folks answer to it rather than answers to similar questions.

Thanks again.
    You're welcome. I only suggest searching to folks with lower post counts to ensure they are aware. As a new user I was not - and got my hand "tapped" a few times.

In my book answers to questions similar to yours should be helpful...but to be specific I'll share with you what I have found:

The screen is tremendously brighter and more uniformly lit. (however, I can not see it well enough in direct sunlight to say that it is useful).

The faster processor makes everything run more smoothly. Programs open and close more quickly. The T6 will have the horsepower to run more sophisticated programs in the future.

Palm OS5 has pro's and con's. Pro - it is the latest and greatest, Con - it isn't compatible with all existing programs.

The camera is a toy, but a blast! I find I'm taking pictures everywhere.

The battery life is greatly improved.

Most of my existing cables from the T300 work (the cradle doesn't).

The "Web" (Blazer) functionality is much improved. Frames are supported. I can actally log on to my US Bank account and pay bills (slowly).

Expansion! The ability to add a memory card now and possible future SDIO cards (bluetooth, wifi).

More main memory.

The fit and finish (I don't think it's painted!) are much better.

The form factor (non flip) makes it easier to use as a phone.

The ringers sound much better.

The ability to download images and programs directly to the Treo.

With an additional program and headphone adapter you can listen to MP3's.

Hope that helps.
    Can someone tell me if wide mode works well on Blazer and 5-way nav?
    Originally posted by strongbad
    Can someone tell me if wide mode works well on Blazer and 5-way nav?
    I can't believe I overlooked the 5 way. It is unreal how much you can accomplish without pulling out the stylus, especially in Blazer.

Wide mode works as advertised for me. I don't use it a whole lot but there are a few sites that I can't navigate well without it.
    Let me tell you...

I am sitting here posting to the net, listening to good mp3 music in the background from the external speakers (no headphone), checking email, browsing photos and taking calls. All from the 600. I looks, sounds and feels so good. The integration is just what I was looking for. The screen is very bright and sharp, in spite of my fears about the lo-rez screen. I came from an m515, a SprintPCS cell phone and a Rio500 mp3 player. I am so glad to be able to carry one thing around.

My only complaint thus far... no one told here was no Graffiti input. I like using the stylus to enter text. Maybe someone knows somethng I don't about that but the keyboard works very well in the meantime.
    But most of all, look for a Sprint Store in your area that has a T600 and then go and look at it, put in your hands, and try it! That was all it took for me to decide that my T270 would soon be retired as a"backup". The size of the T600 in pictures shown here is even bigger than the actual unit, I think.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    The simple answer is MP3. The original Treo got rid of the need to carry separate cell phone/pager and PDA. Now you can stop lugging a separate mp3/minidisk player too--at least for most music needs.

The thing I don't get is the camera. The Sprint commercials (not featuring the treo) are real cute, but I don't see having the ability to send multimedia fart jokes or "america's craziest animal" photos as a plus. It's just a stupid f#*%ing gimmick. I'd say ditch the crappy camera and add an AM/FM tuner. That's another device you won't need to keep track of.
  17. purpleX
    Originally posted by treo600mad
    its like asking what is the diffrence between a 100$ suit, and a nice valentino, or giorgio armani suit - the answer is: Style - Functionality - Qauilty
    treo 600 is the armani of phone?

Always the entertainer
  19. purpleX
    I mean how else are you suppose to react to such tacky blurb like: 'Style - Functionality - Qauilty'? It's a repackaged treo300 with Omap 310. Not exactly a yatch is it?
    Go to a SPCS store, take your 300 with you, and HOLD the 600. Compare them. Feel them both. Use the 5-way nav pad. Put it up against your face. Switch between some apps. Hop on Blazer. Then do all that with your current 300.
    That's all it will take.