Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get it.
    If the insurance was not placed at on the account at the time when it was opened, the only way you can add it is by doing it through the lockline insurance agency in which they WILL put you and your potential insured phone under a verification process. basically they call your phone just to see if it still works and that you are not trying to commit insurance fraud. lol.
    They state you need to have the insurance for 30 days before you can file a claim with ERP.

Thank you for choosing SprintPCS.
    Unless you're going to keep your T600 in a vault at home and never use it, get the insurance.

As has already been stated, the warranty only covers manufacturing defects. Insurance covers theft and damage.

Years ago I had the first digital StarTac. Back when it was the "cool phone dejour." Paid upwards of $400.00 for it. I was offered the insurance, but didn't want the extra $5 or so on my bill. When it fell off of my motorcycle and got run over by a truck, I was wishing I'd not been so cheap.

Just dropped my Treo 300 offa a motorcycle too. (lesson that shoulda been learned in the 1st place, reinforced. make sure the tank bag is sealed closed.) Even considering the cost of the insurance since I got the 300 and the $35 deductible you've gotta pay, I've still shelled out less than the cost of a repolacement on eBay and I've got a shiney new (factory refurbished) 300 in perfect condition.

I simply couldn't imagine wrecking a $400+ phone within months of receiving it and NOT having insurance on it. Wait. I don't have to imagine it. I already did that once. Never again.

A million unexpected things could happen. Get the insurance.
    ok, it didnt take long. already lost my treo 600, luckily I have the equipment replacement plan...or so I thought. I called and let them now what happened and everything was going well until the rep said that

"there is no guarantee that they will send me the same phone but they will send me something they feel is comparable in value"

i will let everyone know how this turns out but dont be fooled by the Sprint ERP. If I end up w/ a toshiba 2032 or a gross samsung i500, I will raise absolute hell. nowhere in their terms of service does it mention something like this.

complete bull****.

i am switching to verizon as soon as possible.
    I have a T300 and I am considering getting the Sprint Replacement Plan. If I do lose my phone and make a claim, what are my choices?

1. Do I get a new T300 or a refurbished model?
    2. What do they offer if and when the T300 is not available?
    3. If the T300 is not available anymore, can I refuse their alternate?
    4. Can I upgrade to a T600?
    Originally posted by BostonMass
    ok, it didnt take long. already lost my treo 600, luckily I have the equipment replacement plan...or so I thought. I called and let them now what happened and everything was going well until the rep said that

"there is no guarantee that they will send me the same phone but they will send me something they feel is comparable in value"

i will let everyone know how this turns out but dont be fooled by the Sprint ERP. If I end up w/ a toshiba 2032 or a gross samsung i500, I will raise absolute hell. nowhere in their terms of service does it mention something like this.

complete bull****.

i am switching to verizon as soon as possible.
    What'd u expect for a phone that isn't even widely available yet Anything they send u could be sold with the $$$ made being used to buy a new Treo 600, worst case scenario.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Originally posted by Uno Dos Treo
    I have a T300 and I am considering getting the Sprint Replacement Plan. If I do lose my phone and make a claim, what are my choices?

1. Do I get a new T300 or a refurbished model?
    2. What do they offer if and when the T300 is not available?
    3. If the T300 is not available anymore, can I refuse their alternate?
    4. Can I upgrade to a T600?
    I believe they'll send you a refurb. Like has been said, they send you something comparable....I dunno if it's based on price or what. I doubt there are any T600s to be sent out yet since the phone is so new, but I think it's likely they'd send you a Treo 600 if the 300 was absolutely unavailable (which is unlikely since they're still making 300s).

YMMV though. My friend had a Samsung 8500 (something Sprint hasn't sold for at least 2 years) and when it broke they sent her another one. On the other hand, another friend of mine had a Sanyo 5150 and they sent her a 5300.
    I added the insurance coverage on my Treo 600 via Sprint Customer Service. Took about three minutes to do it. The statement was something like, "we can do it here because we know you have the phone." Saved me a phone call to the other number and coverage starts tomorrow. Not bad and for me, an excellent situation. Ben

-----------------

Originally posted by mo-bile
    what's weird is that the insurance plan is not avaialble for me to add to my plan...at least according to my account online. I went in to "my plan" and it lists all the options you can add. It shows the insurance option and that it costs $4/month, but there is no "add" link like there are on all the other options. Any idea why? Also, and this may be related, under "my phone" on the main account page, it used to show a photo of my 300. Ever since I transferred to the 600, there is nothing listed under my phone. Is this the same for everyone else?
    I just spoke to my State Farm Insurance Agent regarding insurance for my phone. She told me that I can cover my T300 AND my wife's Sanyo 5300 under State Farm's floater policy for only $30 per year!! Since I already pay for my home/auto insurance monthly, I can add my floater policy to this. This comes out to only $2.50 per month for two phones!!

My agent told me that my phones are now covered for theft/loss, and damage. It's even covered for water damage. There's also no deductible. I asked her how many claims I can put in per year and she said there really is no limit. However, that may change after several claims.

Although I paid around $340 for my T300 through Circuit City, I stated to State Farm that the current selling price for a T300 is $399.99 on Sprint's website. I printed the pricing information and faxed it to my agent. If something happens to my phone, all I do is place a claim, and State Farm sends me a check for $399.99!

Who needs Sprint's Protection plan...
    Get it but be warned that the refurbished phones can be disappointing. I replaced a T300 under Sprint's plan and the battery life was terrible (less than 30 minutes of talk time). They replaced it again and the battery life was just as bad on the second unit.
    Originally posted by camartin
    Get it but be warned that the refurbished phones can be disappointing. I replaced a T300 under Sprint's plan and the battery life was terrible (less than 30 minutes of talk time). They replaced it again and the battery life was just as bad on the second unit.
    Most of the time my experience with the insurance has been positive...the phones seemed almost new.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    I just spoke to my State Farm Insurance Agent regarding insurance for my phone. She told me that I can cover my T300 AND my wife's Sanyo 5300 under State Farm's floater policy for only $30 per year!! Since I already pay for my home/auto insurance monthly, I can add my floater policy to this. This comes out to only $2.50 per month for two phones!!

My agent told me that my phones are now covered for theft/loss, and damage. It's even covered for water damage. There's also no deductible. I asked her how many claims I can put in per year and she said there really is no limit. However, that may change after several claims.

Although I paid around $340 for my T300 through Circuit City, I stated to State Farm that the current selling price for a T300 is $399.99 on Sprint's website. I printed the pricing information and faxed it to my agent. If something happens to my phone, all I do is place a claim, and State Farm sends me a check for $399.99!

Who needs Sprint's Protection plan...
    If this is going under your homeowners insurance beware. If you file a claim they may jack up your homeowners insurance rates. If it happens again, they may not renew your policy. I almost did the same thing but read another thread from about 3 months ago and ditched the idea.

My .02 cents.

Cheers!
    Last edited by 7zero; 11/03/2003 at 07:28 PM.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    This is not under my homeowner's insurance. This is a separate policy called a floater policy.
    better option is (if u live near a MicroCenter) to get MicroCenter's service contract. It's $50 for 3 years on the Treo 600, even though they don't have the product yet. All u do is take your reciept in then u pay $50 for replacement plan or if in 2 years Treo 600 not available they give u store credit. I think that's a great deal. $50 (microcenter, 3yrs) vs. $130 (sprint, 3yrs). In addition u can go meet a person @ microcenter and raise hell if u need to since they are a retail computer store w/ great customer service.

Don't know if best buys service works in the same way but it might. U can call them and ask.

Fry's might do this also, u would have to check.
    I still think my insurance company's plan is better because I don't need to go to one particular store. I can go anywhere to buy my Treo because my insurance company covers the cost of the phone wherever I buy it.

I had Circuit City's protection plan for my Sprint T300, but CC dropped Sprint and I lost out on my $50 protection plan. Who's to say that Microcenter may drop their coverage?
    I still think my insurance company's plan is better because I don't need to go to one particular store. I can go anywhere to buy my Treo because my insurance company covers the cost of the phone wherever I buy it.

I had Circuit City's protection plan for my Sprint T300, but CC dropped Sprint and I lost out on my $50 protection plan. Who's to say that Microcenter may drop their coverage?
    if they did then u would get a store credit for the treo 600's original price. If they don't have what u want there, then find a customer buying a computer and offer them your store credit for cash and give them like $50 free for their trouble. Gotta get creative.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12