I searched and did not see this problem anywhere, so forgive me if it is discussed already.

Long Story below... I took my treo into a sprint store to have it diagnosed for it overheating. They promply reset the display time out to 30 seconds. When I tried to change it back to 3 minutes I noticed that it was at 3 minutes, however the phone does time out at the 30 seconds. How in the world can I change it back?

Long Sory...
I took my Treo (#5) into a sprint store yesterday because it's been overheating while I'm on extended (Over an hour)conversations with the charger plugged in. The "Supervisor in charge" Could not find the problem. The fact that is is only reproduceable after an hour of constant use and that this is my 5th Treo (did not have problem with other 4) seemd to pass right through her head with no concern.

She stated that my display time out was set to 3 minutes, and the backlight on the display can cause the system to heat up. Well, they took it upon themselfs to set the time out to 30 seconds. I argued that the first 3 minutes of use has no relevance on how hot the phone (With display that never turns off anyway) gets 57 minutes later. Pretty much she ignored what I said and restated the 3 minutes... I'm no *****, I know the difference between a warm phone (I've had cell phones for the last 9 years) and a HOT phone. She ignored what I had to say and kept restating over and over that the display time out 3 minutes yada yada...

Any thoughs?