Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Today only at buy.com (10/14/03) 24 Hour Sale.

SanDisk 512mb SD card for $154.99 plus Free Shipping and Mail-in Rebate $20. No tax, Final cost $134.99.

There's also an option to register with Reservation awards for $10 off next purchase. I had one from a prior purchase, so final cost for me was $124.99. Not too bad.
    [Just nevermind me. RTFB, no?]
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser
    Today only at buy.com (10/14/03) 24 Hour Sale.

SanDisk 512mb SD card for $154.99 plus Free Shipping and Mail-in Rebate $20. No tax, Final cost $134.99.

There's also an option to register with Reservation awards for $10 off next purchase. I had one from a prior purchase, so final cost for me was $124.99. Not too bad.
    You know, I found it and it has the rebate offer on the webpage, but if you read the rebate form, this product isn't listed. I wonder if the mail-in rebate is valid on this product.
    I would check www.dealram.com for the best price. They also have dealnews.com and dealmac.com, etc. I've rarely gotten a better deal than what they have listed. They are also pretty good at only listing reputable vendors. As a mac user, I have www.dealmac.com set as my home page so I can check new deals whenever I open my browser.
    I went to Costco yesterday to pick up the 256MB Sandisk card and it was $65, not $50. They might have just raised the price...but no worries just keep your reciept and they'll match a new price if they lower it anytime in the future. Or you can always take it back a year later if you find it cheaper somewehre else. Costco has a great return policy.
    Bought through ecost...after staring at the page from the link provided earlier looking for a "BUY" button... Finally figured out you have to go to the "hot items" list (i.e. those with a time limit on the deal) and it has the "BUY NOW" button there.

What a messed up ordering system...

Matt
  7.    #27  
    CompUSA has 256MB PNY SD card for 59.99 after rebate. Good thru the end of the week. The Sandisk 256MB CF card is $50 at Costco...the SD card is $65.
    Originally posted by Spiffyis5150

You know, I found it and it has the rebate offer on the webpage, but if you read the rebate form, this product isn't listed. I wonder if the mail-in rebate is valid on this product.
    I went ahead and bought it and immediately e-mailed customer service. They have responded and I am awaiting further instructions. I'll post the answer.
    Received my response from buy.com today.

On the form, they had two different item #'s, but both reading SimpleTech 128MB Secure Digital Card. The second listing of that item, Item # CF33CV should have read SanDisk 512mb SD Card. So the $20 rebate was proper.
    CompUSA has 256MB PNY SD card for 59.99 after rebate. Good thru the end of the week. The Sandisk 256MB CF card is $50 at Costco...the SD card is $65.

Whats the difference between a SD card and a CF card?
    Originally posted by CmdrGuard

Whats the difference between a SD card and a CF card?
    Pretty much just the physical size of the card. They do the same things, but some companies choose that SD memory format and others choose the CF format. I'm not sure why CF is cheaper, except that it's probably more widely used and hence maybe made in more quantity. The CF card also won't fit in your Treo.

I got the PNY card from CompUSA as well as a Dazzle SD reader. For a total of $80 after rebate, I think it's the best deal around.
    i made a mistake and bought a CF card!!! now i have to send it back
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12