Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    About once per month or so, I have a fatal alert requiring a hard reset to escape the flashing blue screen reset loop. Not a major problem except when it happens that I'm out of town.
    Anyway, desktop restore always works great for all apps and data...until today. The hot sync looks like its progressing fine, but when its done, the only thing restored is the speed dial button identities...my Bible program....Snappermail (albeit with no registration or email data...and strangely, Diddlebug complete with all scratch memos.
    No Contacts, no Dates, no ToDo, no Memos, no Categories...and most strange, NO Hot Sync USER ID on the handheld.
    After the hard reset, I of course had to select the user ID on the desktop at the start of the hotsync, but when its finished, it still doesn't know who it is.
    Sprint tech help blamed the device (which I've had almost a year) and is sending me a replacement...but I'm not as convinced.
    Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    Do you still have your Contacts, Dates, Todos, Memos etc. on the Palm Desktop. Hard resets are often caused by hacks conflicting with other programs, I have disabled them completely on my machine. If you still have the Datebook, Memo, etc. data on your desktop you might be able to re-install your Palm Desktop and get things working smoothly again. Though I've just gone through a problem with Hotsync, it is somewhat different from yours. However, as a point of reference you might want to look at my last few posts on how to re-install the Palm Desktop software if you feel so inclined.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by paulhafer
    About once per month or so, I have a fatal alert requiring a hard reset to escape the flashing blue screen reset loop. Not a major problem except when it happens that I'm out of town.
    Anyway, desktop restore always works great for all apps and data...until today. The hot sync looks like its progressing fine, but when its done, the only thing restored is the speed dial button identities...my Bible program....Snappermail (albeit with no registration or email data...and strangely, Diddlebug complete with all scratch memos.
    No Contacts, no Dates, no ToDo, no Memos, no Categories...and most strange, NO Hot Sync USER ID on the handheld.
    After the hard reset, I of course had to select the user ID on the desktop at the start of the hotsync, but when its finished, it still doesn't know who it is.
    Sprint tech help blamed the device (which I've had almost a year) and is sending me a replacement...but I'm not as convinced.
    Any suggestions? Thanks,
    Paul