1.    #1  
    Hi.

Does anyone who may KNOW (someone who works for Sprint or has inside info perhaps) have an estimate as to when the Business Connection client for the Treo 600 will be available...

And also when the SMS is supposed to start working?

I would assume these would begin somtime soon, as Sprint officially launches the phone on their site... however I did see someone say somehtng about November or December for SMS... I hope it doesn't take that long.

If someone whas has some facts can post a reply, that would be great.

Mike
    My Treo 600 came with a link on the CDROM for BizConn however I did not use it because I use Snappermail. Is that not what you are looking for?
    The Business Connection works on the 600, and it is pre-loaded. The problem is that it isn't the "Palm" version of the Business Connection. They are working on that for the Treo 600.
    The Treo 300 had pre-loaded the Palm version of the Business Connection. They haven't released this yet for the 600.
    So, we Biz. Connect. users now have it worse than we did with the Treo 300.
    I hope they get their _hit together soon.
    Originally posted by Stickman
    The Business Connection works on the 600, and it is pre-loaded. The problem is that it isn't the "Palm" version of the Business Connection. They are working on that for the Treo 600.
    The Treo 300 had pre-loaded the Palm version of the Business Connection. They haven't released this yet for the 600.
    So, we Biz. Connect. users now have it worse than we did with the Treo 300.
    I hope they get their _hit together soon.
    Sorry, I'm confused. I've faithfully used BC for a year now, and have come to depend upon it. What version is there on the Palm OS if it's not the Palm OS version?? I've got my order sitting on Handspring's website, waiting for them to mail me my T600, but not sure what you mean here or what I'll be seeing.

Ken
    you will not get a working version until Sprint releases the version for the 600. it doesn't come with a working version. sprint says soon.
    I can keep waiting if they figure out a way to sync subfolders as well. Who *doesn't* use them to manage the piles of email that come in? I end up using the web version now anyway so I can get to them.
    Hi

Called SPCS's business line for our business acct (IBM). They told me Oct 18 people will get messages to upgrade (existing customers) on Oct 25 they will force it on older client users.

The new clients are rumoured to support attachments (rumour), OS 5 (for sure).

System SEVEN (Biz Con [one n is intentional, as in Con-Man] is just rebranded System SEVEN software) confirms the above, including confirmation of the release date.

Let's hope late testing doesn't find show-stoppers! It wouldn't be the first time !

Recent outages with Biz Con are apparently linked to upgrades related to the new client.

Basit
    Last edited by bmustaf; 10/14/2003 at 09:10 AM.
  8.    #8  
    So still no answers I guess.

If you are a current BC subscriber, go to the BC website (where you find your email etc...) click on SETTINGS and under the software you wil see that it is NOT yet available for the Treo 600.

You can access everything via blazer, however the idea of business connection is to have it delivered and work with the Palm.

I would assume they will have this ready very soon, as people depend on it, plus they charge for it.

Mike
    Originally posted by shallow
    I can keep waiting if they figure out a way to sync subfolders as well. Who *doesn't* use them to manage the piles of email that come in? I end up using the web version now anyway so I can get to them.
    Sorry, I've got to sound stupid here. I've found the Palm OS version of BC so easy to use that I've never explored the web version. Are you saying it allows access to all of the email subfolders under the in box??
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by Treo_Ken

Sorry, I've got to sound stupid here. I've found the Palm OS version of BC so easy to use that I've never explored the web version. Are you saying it allows access to all of the email subfolders under the in box??
    I never was able to see subfolders on either version.
    The Treo 600 version of Business connection will be available on October 18th. Sprint knew that it would be a late release, but wanted to put the Treo 600 out to the public as soon as possible and decided it would be better to have the people wait a few days to get BC rather than have them wait to get their Treo 600's. And yes this info is true and accurate as of Saturday October 11, don't expect anyone else to know this though.