1.    #1  
    I bought a Treo 600 from Sprint. It arrived last Tuesday. On Wednesday, Handspring announced their discount plan for Treo 300 owners, and I ordered one from Handspring.

I called Sprint to get a return kit. It arrived today.

The "kit" is just an envelope. It's big enough for the phone, although I'm not sure it's protective enough for a $600 device. However, it's not NEARLY big enough for the box. I could probably squeeze the hotsync cable and AC adapter in if I add my own padding, but the manual and box won't fit.

What am I supposed to send back? Surely they don't want JUST the handset?
    put it in a 81" screen TV box, stuff it with packing material, and tape the envelope to the box enclosed in the envelope write "the only box i had, next time get me something bigger than just an envelope, and happy hunting."
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  3.    #3  
    Actually, on further review, the box MIGHT fit. Will have to check when I get home ...
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Actually, on further review, the box MIGHT fit. Will have to check when I get home ...
    why not just go to a local Sprint store?

If the phone is lost or damaged you will be responsible for it and Sprint will not refund the cost.
  5.    #5  
    Local Sprint stores will not accept returns. I asked.
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Local Sprint stores will not accept returns. I asked.
    maybe a new policy. i returned a phone bought from sprint telesales to the local store last year.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I wasn't too impressed with the envelope either. I just used the return address label from the return envelope and put the phone box inside a bigger box. BCA
    have you read the "treo for $200" thread? if yr t300 is still under warrenty, you may be able to return it for a $399 credit against yr purchase.

you'll only be able to return it if the device is defective; as far as i know, known issues (like a weak/breaking lid) render ALL units "defective"...
    I'm in the same situation as you... I am gonna call sprint to set up a return today... did you call *2 or the phone number in which you placed the order?

Thanks,
    Leo
    Originally posted by neckface
    have you read the "treo for $200" thread? if yr t300 is still under warrenty, you may be able to return it for a $399 credit against yr purchase.

you'll only be able to return it if the device is defective; as far as i know, known issues (like a weak/breaking lid) render ALL units "defective"...
    and have you the whole thread where Sprint has stopped allowing T300's to be turned in and paying the difference to a 600?

one user was told that there was talk from Sprint that people who previously were told they could turn the 300's back in for credit may not end up getting the credit. so far i know of one loser from these boards that did get their credit, but you may want to double check and get some kind of assurance that credit will be received. hopefully you will.
    damn! rastoma's rudeness started a flame war on that last ["t600 for $200"] thread which caused it to be shut down. now he's following up here. points for persistance, if nothing else.

as far as the issue of sprint terminating the deal: i've been on 5 different phone calls w sprint, back to back, and heard 5 different things. so until there's a real critical mass of ppl reporting that the deal's over, i wouldn't hesitate to call back a few times and see if you can get lucky.

worst comes to worst, try sprint until the day before the HS offer expires. if no luck, go w the $399 HS offer and try to sell yr 300 or 270 on ebay.
    Damn, so I'm not the only one with -2- 600's hanging out at my place. One in an unopened ups box
    how wide spread is this? I've got two as well.
    I had two of them sitting in my possession, but alas one went back to Sprint today
    ME TOO!
    I got two treo 600!

I got one from Sprint as I ordered on Monday. Got the Treo on Wednesday and the rep from Handsping called me and said that they are now shipping. She said as long as I have a treo I can get the specail price. So I read her the serial of the treo 600 that I got from Sprint and it worked! That Friday I got my second Treo 600! WOOT! So I plan on keeping both of them and will have one as backup. I might even wind up giving it to my dad or sister.

BUFU!
    I had received two treos through sprint due to their little "paper order" screwups when the Treo600 first became available from them. Now, I've received two return kits from sprint although I only needed one. What in the world is going on?

-christopher
    I "had" 4....one for fiance, one for myself, one sent back to Sprint, one sold on eBay ($525).

Cheers,
    Matt
    How long did it take to get your return kit?

How was it sent (ups? usps?)

I requested mine in the middle of last week and still have not received it... I thought I would see it a couple days later

- Leo
    did you have to send back everything? just the phone? i'm happy to keep my extra cables if they don't require them...
    The CSR said to keep all the accessories, but the written instructions with the return kit said to return all chargers and batteries or else I would be charged (no pun) for them.