1.    #1  
    I was surprised and pissed off that Sprint tried to hit me with a $36 activation fee on my T600 unless I agree to a new 1 year agreement. I have never been asked to pay an activation fee before exept during the initial contract signup. Every subsequent activation (from changing phones) has been free till now. I suspect Sprint wants me to change to a new one year "lesser" plan. I am currently in the 11th month of a 2 year agreement and have 13 months left on one of the "better" plans ($10 unlimited vision, free nights & weekends, unlim PCS to PCS). After complaining and refusing to pay for the activation fee, the CSR went to "talk" to her supervisor and got her to "agree" to "let" me keep my current 2 year contract and "waive" the activation fee. Anyone else with an existing contract got hit with an activation fee? Talk about extortion! Does Sprint have a right to to this to their customers with an existing contract? I thought a contract is a legal agreement. What can we do to combat this practice?
    it's usually not acceptiable to copy and paste an entire post and start a new subject with it.... just a helpful reminder.

but I replied to your other post too and thought I would here for the benefit of others.

the agreement they wanted you to go for was for a contract extension, not a new service plan. your plan and price would not have changed. and most people are getting $100 credit for agreeing to a 1 yr. extension and $150 for 2 years. You're only 11 months into your current 2 year contract so if they were to give you $100 to reset your time by 11 months, that would be a pretty good deal IMHO.

also it's been discuess in many different threads, sprint has charged an activation fee for a long time. there have been periods during which a promotion would offer free activation or if you upgraded the phone online there was no activation fee and if you had a problem changing phones online there still was no activation if you called because you tried online first.

business accounts have always had free activation when changing phones. i suspect a lot of people have a business account and don't know it such as if you got it through work or just as an employee from a big comp. that has a discount for their employees.
    they waived it for me, i was pissed off at how i always knew more about their own company and how i was thinking of moving to t-mobile...so they waived it and gave me a 150 dollar instant rebate, yep theyre very persuable, not to mention gullable
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  4. Gil
    When I called to activate, I was up front with the CSR what I was doing. She was pleasant, etc. At the end of the process, I said, "I want to make sure that I am not getting charged anything for transferring the number to my new phone." She said there was no charge. I hung up a happy camper.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I switched from my 300 to my 600.. no mention of an activation fee.

This has been my experience for the past two years with Sprint.

Maybe they like me and my friends because none of us have had a fee any time we switch phones.

when I got my 300 they told me there was no fee if you were on contract, but a fee if you were not
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by rastoma
    it's usually not acceptiable to copy and paste an entire post and start a new subject with it.... just a helpful reminder.

but I replied to your other post too and thought I would here for the benefit of others.

the agreement they wanted you to go for was for a contract extension, not a new service plan. your plan and price would not have changed. and most people are getting $100 credit for agreeing to a 1 yr. extension and $150 for 2 years. You're only 11 months into your current 2 year contract so if they were to give you $100 to reset your time by 11 months, that would be a pretty good deal IMHO.

also it's been discuess in many different threads, sprint has charged an activation fee for a long time. there have been periods during which a promotion would offer free activation or if you upgraded the phone online there was no activation fee and if you had a problem changing phones online there still was no activation if you called because you tried online first.

business accounts have always had free activation when changing phones. i suspect a lot of people have a business account and don't know it such as if you got it through work or just as an employee from a big comp. that has a discount for their employees.
    Rastoma, thank you, you are very kind.
    Does the rebate for contract extension apply if I bought the T 600 from HS for $399, or only if bought from Sprint (at a higher price)?
    Originally posted by newtreouser

Rastoma, thank you, you are very kind.
    Does the rebate for contract extension apply if I bought the T 600 from HS for $399, or only if bought from Sprint (at a higher price)?
    it doesn't matter where you purchased the phone from.
    Originally posted by rastoma

it doesn't matter where you purchased the phone from.
    I'm gonna repaste part of an earlier post because this is essentially the same question, and people may see this one (is that bad etiqette?).

But essentially I was told over and over and over that it *completely* matters where you bought the phone:

I used my own Treo300 to get HS 600 rebate, and called and spoke to 4 CSR's and 2 supervisors at Sprint over the weekend and:
    1. Not a soul would give me a rebate since I didn't buy the phone from Sprint (seems Sprint subsidized the HS rebate)
    2. Very stingy with 1 year contract rebates. Could only get 5% off my bill unless I wanted to agree to 2-year contract.
    3. Very stingy with add a line--kept my old Treo and gave to wife. Would only waive activation fees.
    4. Forgot to remind them about 8pm N&W--I think they'll give you that.
    5. Begged for free PCS to PCS (esp. since we now have 2 phones on same account) and they would not budge.

I don't know if they happened to route my calls to the same CSR dept. (at least one was in Texas, and they all seemed based in the South), so I kept getting a Southern Party Line, but, I think...

Someone at Sprint's been rousin' the troops not to deal off the printed guidelines!
    when i got my first t600 from HS (waiting on a second one now) I called Sprint up and got $100 credit for extending my contract for 1 yr.

i can't imagine why they are telling you that. a $100 and $150 instant rebate is even advertised in best buy so it definately does not seem you have to buy directly from sprint. the credits are to lock people in so they don't jump ship when number portability takes effect next month.... (i don't remember the day.. the 22nd or 23rd i think?). and the CSR that I spoke with on the phone even mentioned that the credit/rebate for extending the contract will no be offered after that time so they are giving it to anyone right now... either new customers or old ones that extend that contracts. it's a way to keep the customer for 1 or 2 more years.... has nothing to do with a phone.

oh... forgot to mention something and this is probably where you're having your problem. the credit is only for a new line service... BUT Sprint considers an add-a-phone a new line of service. So if you need to add the 600 as an add-a-phone you'll get the credit. if you don't need to add a line, then there is a loophole that you can activate it as an add-a-phone, get the credit, then cancel it in 30 days and swap esn's so that the 600 will be come your primary phone.

you'll be out the one month of the add-a-phone cost but still be ahead with the rest of the credit.
    Thanks for the good suggestions.
    I think the problem was I had a hard time keeping from them that I had the phones already. Should have said I'm shopping around still. But they tried very hard to sell me a phone and to get 2-yr contract.
    I kept trying to convince them that I should get rebate for extra 12 month re-up. Maybe, I should have said for add-a-line, as you suggested.

Well, hopefully our compadres reading this will have better luck.

I still think I kept getting the same CSR group that had been whipped into a frenzy by some supervisor. They were very tough negotiators. I ended several call with "no deal" -- and that's usually a very effective negotiating strategy. Unless of course they *know* you've got 2 new Sprint-only phones in front of you! :-)