Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    hi everyone,

i am really curious whether the CDMA version of Treo600 is locked to Sprint service or not?

if it's locked, do you think handspring (hmm... well PalmOne) has any plan to release unlocked cdma version? or is it another

if it's unlocked, is it possible to use it in other countries that use CDMA 2000 1x? or is it all cdma tech uses this chip/standard?

cheers,

Michael
    hello michael,

check with your service provider if they will eventually issue an unlock code, normally they require at least a years contract paid in advance.

cdma is used only in the US. currently europe, asia, middle east, africa all use GSM networks, therefore quite useless in the rest of the world. new technology has come out. in europewe could buy a nokia gsm/wcdma phone but too expensive.

cheers,
    rene
    Originally posted by Zerimar
    hello michael,

check with your service provider if they will eventually issue an unlock code, normally they require at least a years contract paid in advance.

cdma is used only in the US. currently europe, asia, middle east, africa all use GSM networks, therefore quite useless in the rest of the world. new technology has come out. in europewe could buy a nokia gsm/wcdma phone but too expensive.

cheers,
    rene
    Lets be a little more exact in what hes saying, Parts of Asia (very small parts) are now comming online with limited cdma service, and a few countries in central america (that were built out by bellsouth and ATT) use CDMA. Nepal and Korea asia and Guatemala, honduras, nicaragua, and trinidad in central/carribbean) although unless sprint has international roaming with those providers in those countries you wont be using it. I have used att cdma phones in all those countries.

Now having said that if you want to be able to travel with your phone, your best bet is a GSM Treo and a unlocked one at that.
    Can I use Treo650 in Korea ?
    One provider use CDMA 800Mhz.
    I did unlock sprint. But I can't signal, only can see 'network search'.
    Should I need a PRL ?
    I have not PRL of that provider.
    I want to use TREO650 sprint, not roadming.
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerimar
    hello michael,

cdma is used only in the US.

cheers,
    rene
    CDMA is also used in Australia, along with GSM. We normally share similar technologies with our neighbours, so possibly New Zealand and South East Asian countries (such as Indonesia) support CDMA as well??

-S
    Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingstylez
    CDMA is also used in Australia, along with GSM. We normally share similar technologies with our neighbours, so possibly New Zealand and South East Asian countries (such as Indonesia) support CDMA as well??

-S
    I bought treo 600 cdma from someone in Indonesia. It works here after the seller unlock and change the parameter of "##debug" to work with flexi . He also claimed it works with fren operator. I think he changed the "activationxxx.prc" file of the ROM. BUt I am not sure. But this mean it is possible to use the CDMA version wordwide.

This phone works on all data application as well (verichat, snapper, xiino brwoser). I cannot use web application come with the ROM, so I use xiino which works fine.
    Mr.Michel,

I am sorry to bother you.

I am a member of treocentral. I am using palm/ treo products since last 5 years. I have purchased one Treo650 CDMA from verizon (USA) in order to use it in Bangladesh. It is unlocked. In Bangladesh we could make the set under network coverage. But the service provider could not do the NAM Program. Because they dont have the code.

Can you help me. How Can I program it.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
    Smiley

Quote Originally Posted by msantoso
    hi everyone,

i am really curious whether the CDMA version of Treo600 is locked to Sprint service or not?

if it's locked, do you think handspring (hmm... well PalmOne) has any plan to release unlocked cdma version? or is it another

if it's unlocked, is it possible to use it in other countries that use CDMA 2000 1x? or is it all cdma tech uses this chip/standard?

cheers,

Michael
    This Is A Real Problem Of Treo. If It Is Treo650cdma Is It Possible To Use Other Countries In South Asia? If Yes, How?