1.    #1  
    This is my first Treo phone, and had a question about the LED. When charging it is steady red, when fully charged steady green (according to the manual) but when unplugged from the charged and the phone is on, mine flashes green rapidly. Is this normal? No mention of this state in the manual.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    My Palm Tungsten W lights up like this:

When charging: steady red
    When full battery, but still in cradle or with charger connected: steady green
    When within mobile radio (cell phone) coverage: slow blinking red
    When you've got a missed call or an SMS waiting: rapid green blinking
    Maybe the Treo uses the same light "codes"?

Christopher
    Charging but not full, regardless of cell connection: Steady Red.
    Charging and full, regardless of cell connection: Steady Green.
    Not-Charging, Cell Connection: Blinking Green
    Not-Charging, No Cell Connection, Wireless Mode On: Blinking Red
    Not-Charging, Wireless Mode Off: None.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer

Not-Charging, No Cell Connection, Wireless Mode On: Blinking Red
    No Cell Connection = No Service ??

-chiru
    Yes. It is when you have wireless mode on, but there is no contact with a cell tower. For instance, if you were at the bottom of a coal mine, with wireless mode on, it's be blinking red.
  6.    #6  
    Got it...thanks!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Yes. It is when you have wireless mode on, but there is no contact with a cell tower. For instance, if you were at the bottom of a coal mine, with wireless mode on, it's be blinking red.
    Still waiting for a report from the Treo 600 users who have taken their T6 out of Sprint coverage long enough to tell the rest of us if it recovers when it re-enters the Sprint coverage area
  8. PxT
    I'm really surprised that the LED on the Treo600 doesn't light up to indicate the presence of voicemail. This seems like an obvious feature. My previous phone (Sanyo 4900) did this, and I found it very useful. As it is, if I receive a message and am out of earshot of the phone, or just don't hear it ringing I have no way to know that a message is waiting unless I manually turn on the screen to check.

Hopefully someone will come up with a hack to control the LED in this way....
    Unfortunately this is kind of a Treo nuance. In the last Treo family, the OS could not control the light if wireless mode was on. I do not know if Handspring re-worked their libraries to allow this, but I doubt it.
    Originally posted by stuartr

Still waiting for a report from the Treo 600 users who have taken their T6 out of Sprint coverage long enough to tell the rest of us if it recovers when it re-enters the Sprint coverage area
    I should be able to tell in a few days. I'll let you all know.