View Poll Results: What do you think of the Screen Button?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • It rocks, I love it.

6 42.86%
  • It's ok, I like it.

3 21.43%
  • It's a little weird, I mean, don't we already have the power button?

3 21.43%
  • Dude, where's my memo button? I want my button back button back button back!

2 14.29%
  1.    #1  
    Wondering what people think of the "screen button" I can't say I'm a big fan, I like to have as many buttons to get to stuff as possible. The new favorites *definitely* helps me, though, so the Jury is still out.
    I changed my screen button to make it activate "Web," similar to the Treo300. I like the idea of a conveniently-located screen button, but I too missed having four application buttons. Since you can activate the screen with the push of any application button, the "Screen" button is mainly only useful for turning off the screen, not turning it on. I find it easy enough to use the power button on top of the Treo to turn the screen off.

BTW: It's nice that the Treo600 lets you assign secondary applications with the "Option + Button" feature. I believe you had to download "Buttons T" to do this on the Treo300.
    Originally posted by markinbright
    I changed my screen button to make it activate "Web," similar to the Treo300. I like the idea of a conveniently-located screen button, but I too missed having four application buttons. Since you can activate the screen with the push of any application button, the "Screen" button is mainly only useful for turning off the screen, not turning it on. I find it easy enough to use the power button on top of the Treo to turn the screen off.

BTW: It's nice that the Treo600 lets you assign secondary applications with the "Option + Button" feature. I believe you had to download "Buttons T" to do this on the Treo300.
    No The Treo 300 let you assign Options as well.

To assign SHIFT+ I had to use TreoButton.