Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey all u luck T600 owners, I wanted to know whether or not the T600 has built-in / bundled software for video capture off it's camera?

If not, what is a good sw for a "mini-viewcam"?

Thanks
    Nope... No video capture software bundled with Treo 600. I don't believe that it even exists as this typing. If anyone knows of Video Capture with the intergrated Treo 600 camera, let me know because I am interested!

~DssHobby~
    ~DssHobby~

A hobby is a hobby, but DSS is my HOBBY!!
    DSS=This
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Treo600$ $is$ $not$ $capable$ $of$ $video$ $recording$...

Also, FunCam is a great webcam for Palmos...and it should work w/the Treo600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    That's a bummer - cuz I used to own a Nokia 7650 when it just came out. No video recorder support, but with a little Symbian program, the still camera turned into a video camera.

I would think that with an SD expansion card, the T600 should have had a video function built in.
  5.    #5  
    Anyone tried Fullscreen (originally for Sony NR-70)?
  6.    #6  
    Isn't anyone interested in video for the T600???
    If anyone knows where I can get FullScreen that is compatible with Palm OS5 I am willing to give it a try with my Treo600:-)
    ~DssHobby~

DSS=This
    Originally posted by DssHobby
    If anyone knows where I can get FullScreen that is compatible with Palm OS5 I am willing to give it a try with my Treo600:-)
    why are you guys asking for motion pictures when the camera can't even handle still camera pictures????
    Conglagare,

Well, its not like we are trying to go Pro with the camera or motion clips. Just looking to see if there is the ability to do the motion clips. Sort of like a OH look at that. That would be neat to have SO and SO see it and then send it to them. I am not looking for anything drastic or dramatic. If I wanted High quality I would invest in a high quality Still/Motion Digital camera. Remember the camera on the Treo 600 is for a QUICK SNAP of what you see. To me the word QUICK means fast and not very professional. :-)
    ~DssHobby~

DSS=This
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Treo600$ $is$ $not$ $capable$ $of$ $video$ $recording$...

Also, FunCam is a great webcam for Palmos...and it should work w/the Treo600...
    Theoretically, anything that works with Zire71 has a good chance of working on the Treo, cuz they are on the same chip.
    Originally posted by DssHobby
    Conglagare,

Well, its not like we are trying to go Pro with the camera or motion clips. Just looking to see if there is the ability to do the motion clips. Sort of like a OH look at that. That would be neat to have SO and SO see it and then send it to them. I am not looking for anything drastic or dramatic. If I wanted High quality I would invest in a high quality Still/Motion Digital camera. Remember the camera on the Treo 600 is for a QUICK SNAP of what you see. To me the word QUICK means fast and not very professional. :-)
    But if we are having trouble making out what's on a STILL photo shot, how are we going to make out anything on a moving video??? Remember all those blue dots? According to another post, that's the result of long light adjustment delay of the camera. If it takes 10 seconds for the camera to adjust itself, how can it take motion pictures?
    there's no harm in trying...

what about in outdoor... lots of light conditions.. in those cases, the camera seems great... sooo... possibly video would be decent.

and that add additional coolness factor to the already awesome T600.

Personally... i think great software could really help (ie... GPS, streaming media). The hardware is there.. just make it even more usable

-n
  13.    #13  
    One of the reasons for a quicky video capture would be for video messaging - I use a Nokia 3650 and it can capture (shoddy) video clips that can be sent to anyone who has GPRS & MMS.

It's great for sending short "Hello" messages.

Digging around the only sort of this I c is FullScreen which was for the Sony NR70. FunCam is more of a speedy slide-show.

Check out Fullscreen at:
    http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/2340.html
    Originally posted by conflagrare

Theoretically, anything that works with Zire71 has a good chance of working on the Treo, cuz they are on the same chip.
    The Z71 isn't capable of video recording either!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by conflagrare

They may be on the same CPU, but the interface to the camera is probably different. The PalmOS does not provide a consistent API for dealing with cameras.

I would be suprised if zire camera software works unmodified on the treo.

H
    Why wouldn't the Treo600 be able to do video if someone were to just simply write some software to do it?

For example, when we use the 600 to take a picture, we have a realtime streaming view of everything the lens sees. So, all we need is the software to capture this stream and write it to memory in real time, no?

This is presuming the CPU and memory are fast enough to handle this. Thoughts? Also, people, this obviously would not be used as the official video tape of one's wedding, but rather as a novel and handy way of grabbing some moments to video that you would otherwise miss.
    I totally agree with rwilson290.
    Someone please give funcam a try and post your findings here.
    Just tried funcam, this is what you get:
    Error - This PDA has been identified as 'HS Treo 600'. Fun Cam does not run on this model yet. If you want to help with betatesting please mail us at funcam@net-cell.com

Guess it doesn't work.
    You touch me, I cut you.
    Error - This PDA has been identified as 'HS Treo 600'. Fun Cam does not run on this model yet. If you want to help with betatesting please mail us at funcam@net-cell.com
    Then the answer is yes. You dont start beta testing something unless you know it will eventually work.
    This is awesome news.
    The Eyemodule for the Visor could do video capture, but only for a few seconds.
    IDEO made the Eyemodule, and I think they also made the camera for the 600.
    I have the world in my Palm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast