Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone... Hope I can use this discussion forum to my great ability...

Okay... Who the heck can answer this... I love this new Treo... But I do not like the fact of not being able to Text Message, or use Yahoo Messenger or AOL Messenger ??

- If anyone has any news or information to resolve this Please lend me some help!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE,
    Originally posted by sprintguy186

Okay... Who the heck can answer this... I love this new Treo... But I do not like the fact of not being able to Text Message, or use Yahoo Messenger or AOL Messenger ??

- If anyone has any news or information to resolve this Please lend me some help!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE,
    Read around this forum and the Communications forum and you'll find the answers to your questions. Hint: VeriChat.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks so much... Your a good person... LOL

One more question :

How can I log into my Ebay account ? Gives me that error... I need to enable cookies... ??????

Thanks again in advance !!!

- Jim
    Like the above poster said, try verichat for IM. Also, I assume you have a cdam Treo600 for Sprint...in which case it should be known that Sprint will supposedly rollout its MO-SMS services some time soon, prehaps even by the end of the year...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks so much... Your a good person... LOL

One more question :

How can I log into my Ebay account ? Gives me that error... I need to enable cookies... ??????

Thanks again in advance !!!

- Jim
    I don't have a Treo600 yet, but I assume it's the same procedure as on the Treo300: you have to go to blazer>:menu: >options>blazer prefs>advanced>click accept cookies.

Also, checkout the following thread for the best way to access Ebay on the Treo:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=ebay.html

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    okay you guys are awesome... NOW... You got me going on sounding like a retard...

Q: Has anyone tried (Treo300SMS™) program from VeriChat ?
    or through PDAapps...

Thanks again... Your help is great!!

- Jim
    it's a great substitute for real sms but it only works on the treo 300. they said they weren't making it for the treo 600. i bet sprint paid them a lot of money to not make the program for t600...
    Originally posted by treoneo
    it's a great substitute for real sms but it only works on the treo 300. they said they weren't making it for the treo 600. i bet sprint paid them a lot of money to not make the program for t600...
    Actually, I just emailed PDAapps recently about this and they said they were indeed coming out with a Treo600SMS shorlty!!

Also, the advantage of a 3rd party app like Treo300SMS is that it utilizes vision which is unlimted. Thus I would much rather pay a one time fee of $20 for Treo600SMS rather than a $5 monthly addon for MO-SMS that should already have been part of my basic service anyways! Just my .02 cents...

HI ALL, WON'T AOL IM WORK? TAKE CARE, JAY
    I just bought a Treo 600 toay for my wife (will test it with her, and if I like it will get one for me too!)...

Question: VeriChat was mentioned earlier in this thread, but can't you use AIM with the Treo 600?

Can you access your AOL email?

Buddy
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Actually, I just emailed PDAapps recently about this and they said they were indeed coming out with a Treo600SMS shorlty!!

Also, the advantage of a 3rd party app like Treo300SMS is that it utilizes vision which is unlimted. Thus I would much rather pay a one time fee of $20 for Treo600SMS rather than a $5 monthly addon for MO-SMS that should already have been part of my basic service anyways! Just my .02 cents...
    It's good to hear that they're working on Treo600SMS. I don't suppose it's free for people who purchased Treo300SMS?
    Let's clear this up....

Verichat includes..

AIM
    Yahoo
    MSN
    All instant messengers!!!!!

And yes.......it works hell fast. I was at a friends house while he was online ( Lake City FL.) He was logged into MSN...I sent him a message...as soon as I pressed enter..the message showed up in his chat window....damm fast!!!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    That's the best news I've heard all day.
    To support a good developer like PDAApps, and not have to pay Sprint any more for functionality that is not new, is a dream come true.
    Thanks gfunk!!!
    While you're at it, post a link to the Verichat site.
    Here it is...

www.pdaapps.com

If you have the t600....use version 1.90. all other troe model use any lower version.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    snip:
    If you have the t600....use version 1.90. all other troe model use any lower version.
    snip

I'm using a 300 along with the newest version - 1.90 - and it works fine...just an FYI...

THANK YOU EVERYONE,
    There is an AOL Messenger for free out there that works without a problem. I used it on my 300 and it works perfectly on my 600.
    Originally posted by SprintTreoUser

There is an AOL Messenger for free out there that works without a problem. I used it on my 300 and it works perfectly on my 600.
    I have used this AOL free messenger client also. It would work perfectly well for a month or so and then lock up my 270. The device would reboot into an endless reset mode that could only be resolved using a warm reset followed by a removal of the AIM client.

Verichat is much more stable over the long run on 270's and 300's, at least. If I had a 600, I'd have tested on it
    Originally posted by jaytee

I have used this AOL free messenger client also. It would work perfectly well for a month or so and then lock up my 270. The device would reboot into an endless reset mode that could only be resolved using a warm reset followed by a removal of the AIM client.

Verichat is much more stable over the long run on 270's and 300's, at least. If I had a 600, I'd have tested on it
    I had the same thing happen on the install on the 600, but never the 300, although I suppose it could have happened on the 300 as well. What I found is that it worked fine on the 600, but I installed the verichat demo as a comparison and that's when I got the endless blinking. Seems the Treo does not like both programs installed at the same time. So, just use one or the other and there should be no problem.
    Yes... there can be definite problems with two IM clients installed at the same time on treos (at least the 270). They _should_ be fine if one is disabled correctly first, but it's much easier to just remove the unwanted one, installed the desired one, and reset the device.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast