1.    #1  
    I have been doing a lot of reading but i'm new to this. I am with sprint but i don't even have vision now.

I'm looking to get the t600, and here are my questions:

can i download files onto the memory or an sd card from the internet with a problem. for example if i wanted to download a freeware program or something off a website and then later transfer it to my computer, would that be possible?

is it possible to listen to streaming audio or even video on it? i was thinking of using it for internet radio or something perhaps, i realize the video would be pretty bad.

this is probably more of a general palm question, but i have an old sony clie and i can't find the hotsync cable. i was wanting to transfer all my addresses and phone numbers and things to the new phone. is this possible? i have tried to save all that stuff to my memory stick but it has stupid locked icons next to the important stuff. i can't add any backup programs or anything either because they all have to be added through hotsync.

thanks for reading down this far and for any help you can give.

i saw a t600 in a sprint store the other day, its on hold for a day or two. the one i saw had a blemish in the paint job on the top of it, which was odd i thought. is this more common with these first few.

thanks,
    orangezero
    can i download files onto the memory or an sd card from the internet with a problem. for example if i wanted to download a freeware program or something off a website and then later transfer it to my computer, would that be possible?
    I know you can download recognized filetypes, such as midis. I'm not sure if POS will let you download filetypes that it doesn't recognize. I wouldn't recommend doing this anyway ... just download them on your PC, it'll be faster anyway.

is it possible to listen to streaming audio or even video on it? i was thinking of using it for internet radio or something perhaps, i realize the video would be pretty bad.
    Dunno, I would think it would be possible (although software may not be written yet), but maybe not a very reliable or stable way of doing this.

this is probably more of a general palm question, but i have an old sony clie and i can't find the hotsync cable. i was wanting to transfer all my addresses and phone numbers and things to the new phone. is this possible? i have tried to save all that stuff to my memory stick but it has stupid locked icons next to the important stuff. i can't add any backup programs or anything either because they all have to be added through hotsync.
    You can unlock stuff in FileZ, but, that doesn't matter much anyway. Memorystick is Sony-only. I guess you could move it over using a card reader. However, it's not necessary. You can beam contacts one by one between the two devices.

i saw a t600 in a sprint store the other day, its on hold for a day or two. the one i saw had a blemish in the paint job on the top of it, which was odd i thought. is this more common with these first few.
    Are you sure it's a blemish? It may be the battery indicator light. I thought that was a blemish at first, too.
    Just tp add my .02 cents. Yes, Handspring has made aggrements with various 3rd party developers to do thsi in the future. (Sorry, I cant find the links right now). I believe there will be (if ther alread isn't) a J2ME for the Treo600 to allow ringers, games etc to be directly downloadable to the phone. Also, there are various 3rd party solutions like SkipWire that will let you do this as well...

NOt yet. Maybe mmplayer will let you do this in the future. Fireproducer can allow mpg steaming though from your own server...

Try to get FileZ and beam it to your clie. You don't need to install that through hotsync. Then use it to go under file attributes to turn off the copy protected file settings. That way you should be able to copy your PIM to your MS. Another option would be to try ot hotsnc via IR if you have a IR capable pc/laptop. In the end however, I would seriously recommend getting a new sync cable of ebay or something for your clie to get yur info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the quick replies

i'm not sure, maybe it was an indicator, probably was.

the only thing i didn't like about palm was all the proprietary stuff with file formats beling recognized and all. it would make sense to me that you could use the clie as a card reader on the pc but that's not the case at all.

anyway the reason i ask is because i have access to a computer with internet but my computer at home doesn't have it. so if i wnated to download a driver or something for my computer, it would be easier to use my phone to get it. hope that explains the silly questions.

i would like to get another cable also, but it seems silly to buy a cable for $30 if i can only sell the clie for maybe 50 to 70 at best. seems like a waste and if i could avoid i would prefer to.

thanks again, i hope the audio streaming works someday.
    the only thing i didn't like about palm was all the proprietary stuff with file formats beling recognized and all. it would make sense to me that you could use the clie as a card reader on the pc but that's not the case at all.
    ? Actually, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $using$ $MSimport$ $with$ $Clies$. $This$ $allows$ $allows$ $you$ $to$ $access$ $the$ $MS$ $on$ $your$ $clie$ $a$ $HD$ $on$ $your$ $desktop$. $There$ $is$ $an$ $app$ $called$ $Card$ $Export$ $from$ $Softtick$ $that$ $offers$ $the$ $same$ $functionality$ $for$ $other$ $PalmOS$ $devices$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions