1.    #1  
    I've read alot of good reviews about the new T600, and now I want to hear from some people who have complaints about it. I'm really leaning towards doing the upgrade, but I just want to hear both sides of the store before I do so. TIA!
    seldomvisitor...your our designated hitter and purpleX you're on deck, if you want to here so negative remarks about the treo 600 i suggest you talk to either one of those two, i doubt people will post negative remarks about the treo 600 here...if i had any id say em
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    What uses do you intend?

The main complaints I've seen are that it has a 2"x2" 160x160 screen, and that hardware-wise, it's not as robust as some other devices (Tungsten 3, for example).

These points are most often made by people who clearly do not value the Treo form factor and keyboard, which are the main selling points of the device. Some guy posted repeatedly about how he wanted a 480x320 screen so that he could show video clips to women! Seemed really hung up on showing video clips on a PDA to women ...

Hmm, the camera's pretty crappy, so if you were giving a lot of weight to the camera, that would be a negative.

Again, it really depends on what you value and what you are looking for in a PDA. If you want to show videos to women, you might want to go with a T3 and T608 instead. (How come everything starts with T lately?)
    Originally posted by wombat2
    (How come everything starts with T lately?)
    X is getting old.. OSX, XP XBOX, etc.
    David
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by wombat2
    What uses do you intend?

The main complaints I've seen are that it has a 2"x2" 160x160 screen, and that hardware-wise, it's not as robust as some other devices (Tungsten 3, for example).

These points are most often made by people who clearly do not value the Treo form factor and keyboard, which are the main selling points of the device. Some guy posted repeatedly about how he wanted a 480x320 screen so that he could show video clips to women! Seemed really hung up on showing video clips on a PDA to women ...

Hmm, the camera's pretty crappy, so if you were giving a lot of weight to the camera, that would be a negative.

Again, it really depends on what you value and what you are looking for in a PDA. If you want to show videos to women, you might want to go with a T3 and T608 instead. (How come everything starts with T lately?)
    Other than the phone and PDA capabilities, I'd like to use the T600 to do some basic admin for the site that I run at http://www.vgtalk.com (ssh, reboots if necessary, updating content when I don't have access to a computer, etc). I've been using PDANet for the T300, and would like that ability to do the same with the T600. I won't be watching any divx on the T600, so high-res isn't such a big deal to me.