View Poll Results: How's the workmanship of your T600?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mine is Perfect

36 70.59%
  • Blown Speaker

6 11.76%
  • Random resets

4 7.84%
  • Other defects

5 9.80%
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

With all these complaints about how people have received units with blown speakers, etc. I'd like to figure out the chances of getting a perfectly good unit. So please help out, and vote away.
    Blown speaker - meaning what? You cannot hear anything out of the box or you played Slayer at full bass boost level in PocketTunes at top volume until the cone popped.

Random resets - meaning that you migrated every piece of Palm OS software from your Backup folder from 6 different Palm OS pdas without cleaning house before installing? The quarantine program in tha installer gets most of this stuff but cant predict every bad interaction. Anyone who did a little house cleaning (backup folder stuff moved out) has reported these issues go away immediately. They did for me.

My point... you have nothing to worry about - Handspring got it right this time. Get it and enjoy to the max.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Poryphyron
    Blown speaker - meaning what? You cannot hear anything out of the box or you played Slayer at full bass boost level in PocketTunes at top volume until the cone popped.

Random resets - meaning that you migrated every piece of Palm OS software from your Backup folder from 6 different Palm OS pdas without cleaning house before installing? The quarantine program in tha installer gets most of this stuff but cant predict every bad interaction. Anyone who did a little house cleaning (backup folder stuff moved out) has reported these issues go away immediately. They did for me.

My point... you have nothing to worry about - Handspring got it right this time. Get it and enjoy to the max.
    If you want to be scientific about it:

Assume a state of hard reset with no third party software.
    for the blown speaker choice, let's call it any speaker problems. Speaker too soft, no sound out of speaker, too much noise, etc.

Random resets: Resets that happen with no third party software, and occurs without you telling it to.

The thing is that I have been hearing too much defects from the boards. I don't live in the states, and getting warranty on this thing will be a pain in the *ss
    The headphone jack is defective on my Treo 600. There is no sound from my handset...I must be on earphone to hear anything. When I jiggle the plug in and out the speaker seems to work.

It need to be replaced.

MC
    17 responses as of this post.

Whole lotta folks buying this guy, eh?
    I expected to have a lot of resets, so I did my best to reinstall everything rather than restore from a backup (i.e. moved my backups folder before hotsyncing the first time).

I have had a few odd resets, some from Blazer. Other than that, my biggest gripe has been some odd software compatibility - Datebk5 doesn't switch views with button presses.
  7.    #7  
    Oh boy oh boy...

Does this mean that I have 66% chance of getting a working unit?
    I'd give it a few more days to get a better sample. Positive respondents are always slow.
    Positive it is.
    Mine is perfect - it's GSM not that Sprint rubbish
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Count me in the perfect column. In fact, the whole experience has been perfect.

[list=1][*]Ordered from HS 4:30pm PDT Wed, received in NY on Monday by 12noon[*]3 hours to charge[*]10 minute wait to get thru to Sprint rep on phone for activation (really)[*]Phone activated immediately-within the 10 minutes we were on the phone together[*]Vision kicked in 2 hours later[*]New Palm software loaded onto two PCs with different OSs (NT4.0 and ME)[/list=1]

Everything loaded beautifully and I have a few picture caller IDs set up.

Very, very happy customer
    Long time lurker and long time user. I have had 3 different versions of Handspring's PDA's, the treo 300 and now 2 different 600's (one for my brother.) The 600 is the most solid piece of equipment Handspring has produced. I have had ZERO problems with mine or my brother's unit and it is the first product that I have bought from Handspring that "feels" like the money I paid for it.
    "I want to meet the guy that invented beer and see what he's working on now"
    This is been a perfect experience in all aspects.

1. The Handspring Upgrade Offer
    2. The SprintPCS experience and support when switching the ESN
    3. The software migration from the Treo300 to the Treo600
    (note: I did take the path of backing up all my files and manually re-installing all programs that I knew were compatible with the Palm 5.0 OS)
    4. The Handpring registration process and the email to download my free copy of PocketTunes.

I am one happy soul, but if you want to hear something negative about the Treo600.... the Vibrating Alert could have been just a little bit stronger.

GOOD JOB HANDSPRING!!
    myline = Treo650 w/SprintPCS
    So far no major issues, some resets but they were software related. Odd though as they were OS5 apps. XCade, Monsta and a couple others. I wonder if the 5.2.1h is the issue. I have to email them tonigh and find out.