1.    #1  
    I use Treomail with my 270, and run exchange (but just for myself). It gives me something really close to push email, and keeps my inboxes in sync. It doesn't seem like the Treo600 supports the treomail/desktop assistant combo (though for the life of me I don't understand why). So is there another viable solution out there?
    starting tomorrow, Visto (makers of TreoMail) will release a new version compatible with the 600. Looks better than the current version, as well. www.visto.com - and there've been some other threads on this as well...
  3.    #3  
    any idea what it costs? will it be priced for the individual user? does it work with a desktop component like Treomail?
    Originally posted by bigmdime
    . It doesn't seem like the Treo600 supports the treomail/desktop assistant combo (though for the life of me I don't understand why). So is there another viable solution out there?
    Forgive me but, what exactly is the desktop assistant part? Is is some kind of desktop redirector for your email? If so, why not just use something like Notifymail for that? Anyway, TIA for any answers...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It's son of TreoMail. The new version is just the successor to TreoMail. If you use TM now, you just transition over to the new version - your subscription just continues along.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Forgive me but, what exactly is the desktop assistant part? Is is some kind of desktop redirector for your email? If so, why not just use something like Notifymail for that? Anyway, TIA for any answers...
    because the desktop assistant also keeps your inboxes in sync (when you delete from the treo, it deletes from your outlook/exchange inbox and vice versa) and also takes everything you send on the treo and puts it in your "sent mail" folder on exchange/outlook. It does this when checking/sending mail - NOT when doing a hotsync.
    The link to transition is here: http://www.visto.com/treo600/TM2MX.html . Follow it down and it will take you through the transition.