1.    #1  
    Even though I am getting my Treo 600 tomorrow I had to go into a Sprint store today to have a look at one. It was not provisioned so I could not try the web out.

1. D-pad is great! Very easy to operate on handed.

2. Keyboard is also great! I can immediately type faster and more accurate than my 300. The keys have better feel and since key spacings are closer, it is faster to go from key to key. Having small fingers help. I am sure the s/w algorithm also helps.

3. No Lanyard attachment! This is a big one that can have disastrous results! Can't believe Handspring forgot about it.

4. Phone cannot stand on its end or sides. I use the phone in bed lots of times and rest the phone on the side. This can't be done with the 600. It'll plop over.

5. I do not like the bump on the earpiece. I can feel it irritating my ear. Also make the phone bulkier in the pocket.

Dinner time, that's all for now.
    Actually, I find the bump helps in pulling the T600 out of my shirt or pants pocket. Gives you something to grab without touching the screen.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If you are a current Sprint subscriber, Wait until the 16th!!!!
    After the 15th, Sprint is implementing discounts for current customers that rival new subscription discounts.
    I talked to a Sprint Rep Manager yesterday and although he was surprised that I knew of this, he confirmed it.

Any current Sprint customers that purchase a new phone or sign a new contract before the 15th (or 16th, I really couldn't nail it down) are making an expensive mistake.

Good Luck,

Ayrow
    What do you get after the 15 or 16th?
    Originally posted by Ayrow
    After the 15th, Sprint is implementing discounts for current customers that rival new subscription discounts.
    I talked to a Sprint Rep Manager yesterday and although he was surprised that I knew of this, he confirmed it.

Any current Sprint customers that purchase a new phone or sign a new contract before the 15th (or 16th, I really couldn't nail it down) are making an expensive mistake.

Good Luck,

Ayrow
    current sprint users have a 14 day free trial. do you think they're going to give a discount in place of having the phone returned?
    You can transfer your service to the 600 without signing a contract. So feel free to get one and then take advantage of specials in a few weeks.
    Beginning the 15th, Sprint will give existing customers the discount to match the new customer price. So, you can get one for $449, I was told.

You can also do a phone upgrade ... if your T300 needs to be replaced, you will pay $449. You will get back $299 if your T300 was replaced w/a refurb'd one. That will make your cost about $150 ... not too bad.

BTW, if you get some good info from a Sprint rep -- ASK FOR THEIR LOG IN ID!! This way we can have breadcrumbs to follow.
  8.    #8  

Good Luck,

Ayrow
    This thread is about first impressions of Treo 600
    Why are you posting this nebulous crap here?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Originally posted by newtreouser

This thread is about first impressions of Treo 600
    Why are you posting this nebulous crap here?
    Wow newtreouser! I was trying to be a nice guy and help with some info. for him. I really didn't want him/her to make a mistke. The fact that the subject of the thread went a different direction is out of my control. Why don't you take a frickin' chill pill and relax. I think you will be ok, buddy. Deep breaths work for me.. Easy.......that's it.........it's a phone forum...not the end of the world.

I know of a good anger mangement forum you could join. There you could learn all kinds of things. Heck, maybe even some of them have a Treo 600!

Chill.

Ayrow
    I know of a good anger mangement forum you could join.
    plz post link.
    David
    i feel you guys,, theres another guy in a thread i started who falls into the anger management group as well. a certain george castanzo - like fellow who is quite the cranky, disgruntled type.
    a one - rastoma. quite a "colorful" character i will add.

maybe we could collectively vote in those we feel could benefit from a group session of some sort? lol
    Delete thread and repost?