1.    #1  
    How easy is it to access your Sprint Email using the T600?
    How does the process work?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I downloaded and purchased Snapper for my pop email, and it's as easy as setting up any pc email client for pop email. It works very well.
    Originally posted by Sprinttreo
    How easy is it to access your Sprint Email using the T600?
    How does the process work?

Thanks!
    You have use an email client to access the Sprint POP3/SMTP servers. Unfortunately, the Treo600 from Sprint doesn't come bundled with one out the box! Fortunately, there are a few free options like Eudora mail etc. Snappermail, as mentioned above, is probably the best email client out there...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 10/13/2003 at 11:44 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    You have use an email client to access the Sprint POP3/SMTP servers. Unfortunately, the Treo600 from Sprint doesn't come bundled withone out the box! Fortunately, there are a few free options like Eudora mail etc. Snappermail, as mentioned above, is probably the best email client out there...

Thank you, but this raises another question :-)

Does anyone know if Sprint is going to "fix" this oversight in November when SMS becomes enabled from Sprint?

It seems silly that you can't access Sprint email on the $600 Treo but can on a $90 Sprint vision enabled phone.

Again, many thanks!
    Thank you, but this raises another question :-)

Does anyone know if Sprint is going to "fix" this oversight in November when SMS becomes enabled from Sprint?

It seems silly that you can't access Sprint email on the $600 Treo but can on a $90 Sprint vision enabled phone.

Again, many thanks!
    Well, this is b/c Sprint wants you to spend the $$ on their Business Connection service! But, I agree they should have bundled an email client (something free) with the Treo600. The gms versions in Europe come with one, however, I understand it's nothing special. If you want a real nice solution, you really need to invest in a 3rd party solution... Also, I don't see why anthing would change when Sprint rolls out MO-SMS.

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  

Well, this is b/c Sprint wants you to spend the $$ on their Business Connection service! But, I agree they should have bundled an email client (something free) with the Treo600. The gms versions in Europe come with one, however, I understand it's nothing special. If you want a real nice solution, you really need to invest in a 3rd party solution... Also, I don't see why anthing would change when Sprint rolls out MO-SMS.

Ah! so if I sign up for their "Business Connect" then I can access my SprintPCS email with out hassles?

If I don't use "BC" how much is a good 3rd party App?

Thanks!
    You can access your sprint email through vision just like any other cheap phone. I'm guessing you can also access it through Sprint's website, just like you could from home. Although POP3 is quicker.

Ah! so if I sign up for their "Business Connect" then I can access my SprintPCS email with out hassles?

If I don't use "BC" how much is a good 3rd party App?

Thanks!
    Yeah, you can use BC, but it would be like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly if the only thing you wanna do is check out Sprintpcs mail. Don't get me wrong, for $5/month , you get alot of functionality, but you could also just pay $30-40 bucks and get a real nice email client. Snappermail, like I stated above is one of the best imo. Versamail is also good if you need IMAP. Also, Eudora mail is a nice Free pop3 email client, but I think there some slight incompatibilities with the Treo600 according to reports on these forums...

FYI: Palmsource has a really nice expert guide on various email solutions available. This might be a useful read...