1.    #1  
    I was going to upgrade to the treo600 from the treo300, but had a question. Was hoping that someone here has asked Handspring and has an answer. So, the question:

My wife wants my old Treo 300. Do they ask you to return it in the upgrade? Or, is it yours to use as you want? Did anyone ask Handspring?

Thanks for the help - hope the treo600 is working well for people.

- Bluepixel
    You can keep it and do whatever you want with it (except use it for another upgrade offer from Handspring).
    Originally posted by bluepixel
    My wife wants my old Treo 300. Do they ask you to return it in the upgrade? Or, is it yours to use as you want? Did anyone ask Handspring?
    - Bluepixel
    I'm doing the same thing. You keep it. All they need is the serial # off the back of the 300 to qualify for the discount for the 600. Follow the enclosed instructions for Sprint to "transfer" your # and plan to the 600. Then you can use the 300 for your wife (add-a-phone, new account, etc.).
  4.    #4  
    Has anyone "activated" their new phone via this upgrade? Does Sprint allow you to keep your current plan? I am one of the people who got in on Vision when data was just a $10 add on (or something like that). I don't want to have to upgrade into the new pricing structure if I can help it.

Thanks again for all the help.

- Bluepixel
    [ edited for my grammer errors - or some of them ]
    Please read the information HS has available (conveniently linked to from www.treocentral.com).
  6.    #6  
    Kurt,

I did read it, or atleast the upgrade information found here:

http://www.handspring.com/promos/treo600_promo.jhtml

I have just had one to many experiences with Sprint Customer Service giving different answers each time I call them. Before I spent $400 on a new phone, I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have to upgrade to a new Vision Plan. So, in this case I was looking for a testimonial...a "yes, I have done it...and yes it works fine" type of post. (Or more to the point, a testimonial like: "yes I have done it, and yes they let me keep my current plan at the same rate".)

Does this make sense?

I did some looking around the front page of TreoCentral, and the above link is the only link I could see that really offered information that applies. If I am missing something, then please accept my apologies for the these last couple of posts.

Thanks,

- Bluepixel.
    [ edited for clarity ]
    I upgraded and kept my current plan. They will ask you to extend your contract or pay a $35 fee. If you whine, they'll wave the fee.
    I asked my Sprint rep before ordering the 600 to ask those questions. He said it would a simple assignment of the new 600 to my # and existing plan. No change. No cost. Still have 500 anytime/4000 N&W/unlimited data for $42.
    If you go to SprintUsers.com, under the following link

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...threadid=24977

Or if that doesn't work, go to the forum section, then to SprintPCS & Vision, then to PCS Underground, you'll see a whole discussion on their retention incentives.

The link I posted above has this guy saying that he got an increase in minutes from 500 to 700 for the same price he was paying, Vision down to $5, and a $120 credit for a new phone before buying one.

So it looks like you can be pretty aggressive.

I'll post my experience. I'm about to call.
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14
    I upgraded my phone (t300 to t600 )..

Sprint let me keep my present contract ...

2000 min....
    Unlimited Vision
    free PCS to PCS

then they gave me....

$100 off my account ( for buying the phone )
    5% off every bill from now on
    free evenings and weekends starting at 8pm!!. ( I complained to get this )

and get to still pay same if not less monthly bill.

Sold my Treo300 for $100 bucks.... so my Treo600 cost me only $199.......great deal!!!

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Sorry it took me a while, but here's what I got:

Original plan:

Basics--
    400 minutes
    Unlimited nights and weekends
    Nights start at 9 pm
    The above for $40

Additions--
    Unlimited Vision for $10
    Voice dial for $5

New Plan

Basics--
    750 minutes
    3000 minutes nights and weekends
    Nights start at 8 pm
    The above for $40

Additions--
    Unlimited Vision for $5
    Free and Clear America (roaming on non-Sprint networks) for $5
    $75 equipment upgrade credit
    Activation charge waived
    Unlimited PCS to PCS calling
    $100 additional credit if I add another phone
    5% lifetime billing discount

Bottom line is that I'm paying less and getting *lots* more.
    Angel

SprintPCS Sony Zuma/Psion Revo (still miss Revo) >> SprintPCS Kyocera 6035 (1 replacement) >> SprintPCS Treo 300 >> SprintPCS Treo 600 (2 replacements) >> Cingular Treo 650 #1 arrived 2/11/05 ; replaced 3/7, 3/12, and 3/14