Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded Verichat last night and think it is the greatest program. Are there any other messaging programs available that are comparable?

    edit: sorry wrong forum, mods can u move to Communications, thnx.
  2. #2  
    Sprint has built in AIM that works through SMS/Blazer. It's clunky, but it works.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, ive been using that since the days of Sprint's original wireless web. Pretty archaic. If thats my best free option, ill pass.
  4. #4  
    If it's just AIM you are looking for, does the official AOL-released AIM for palm work?

    http://www.handango.com/aolsoftware/...roductId=68745
    ($20 )

    - Leo
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by leobag
    If it's just AIM you are looking for, does the official AOL-released AIM for palm work?

    http://www.handango.com/aolsoftware/...roductId=68745
    ($20 )

    - Leo
    I am interested in AIM, MSN and ICQ mainly.
  6. #6  
    I am working on getting Chatter up and running on the Treo 600; my estimate is about a week before it's ready for prime time. I'll post something when it's available.

    -m
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by mblank
    I am working on getting Chatter up and running on the Treo 600; my estimate is about a week before it's ready for prime time. I'll post something when it's available.

    -m
    Great news! Are you planning on a limited beta release again or will it be generally available this time? I loved Chatter on my 270 and I don't know why others couldn't get their hands on it.
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by mblank
    I am working on getting Chatter up and running on the Treo 600; my estimate is about a week before it's ready for prime time. I'll post something when it's available.

    -m
    Is it on the same SMS mechanism as Verichat? As much as I like that multi-channel functionality, I am really not interested in my SMS bill sky-rocketing..
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by conflagrare


    Is it on the same SMS mechanism as Verichat? As much as I like that multi-channel functionality, I am really not interested in my SMS bill sky-rocketing..
    VeriChat only uses SMS for incoming messages when you are in standby mode. With unlimited Vision, incoming SMS messages are free. With many other GPRS carriers, incoming messages are free or steeply discounted. Outgoing SMS usually costs you money, but then VeriChat does not use it.

    Chatter, if it is going to be anything like it was on the older Treos uses only Vision or GPRS, and no SMS. The downside of this is that when in a phone call, you cannot receive any messages.

Posting Permissions