1.    #1  
    Love this web site and message board, I would like to have the Treo 600 pros help me out if you would.

I am considering an upgrade to a 600, but I am worried that some of the things I am doing on the 300 might not work on the 600. Can someone who is really good with the 600 confirm that *ALL* of the following will work on a 600? These are all things I do on a regular basis with my 300 with no problems:

1) I use a telnet program (I think Mocha Telnet) to log into my Unix servers that reside on the Internet

2) I use Palm VNC to remote control my home computer through my cable modem

3) I use Snappermail with my own Linux box on the Internet (I want nothing to do with Sprint's mail, I have my own domains and my own email addresses).

4) I plan on using PDAnet on rare minimal-bandwidth emergency occasions (to download a small urgent file from work for example, directly to my laptop) The demo worked great with the 300. (Looks like junefabrics will be supporting the 600, but will it be the same as I am used to with the 300?)

5) Although not a necessity, I really liked being able to make MIDI files into ringers (Ozzy's diary of a madman sounds cool on the treo 300).

6) Again not a necessity, I registered Liberty Game Boy Emulator, and although most games are too slow on the 300 I do get some recreational use of it. Would like it to work on the 600.

7) I use Xiino browser and hit "map/direction" sites, and I can longclick an image (map) in Xiino and get the prompt to "Save" the image on the Treo 300. Although Xiino gives an error, it does save it, I can then use Acid Image to view the downloaded map and zoom in/out. This was unbelievably useful many times. I also was able to download images from Ebay auctions and zoom/pan and get REAL good look at the item, waay better than Xiino or Blazer could do. I would "like" to be able to continue to do this, or the functional equivelent.

If you Treo 600 pros out there could tip me off, I would be greatly appreciative. THANKS TONS.

-Mk3cn4
    I can't answer your questions for all your apps, but I too run my own server and using a 3rd party mail program like snappermail, I can get my mail just fine.

Many other apps I used don't work with the 600(yet) i.e. megalauncher, acid freecell, acid viewer, megaclock.

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    I can answer a few of your points as I've emailed the people who make some of the programs you use.

Point #3. Snappermail will work with the Treo600. Just get the latest update and you'll see it does support the Treo600. No additional license costs if you use it solely on your Treo 600 and delete it off the treo 300.

Point #4 PDANET. Unfortunately this program you will have to purchase the Treo 600 compatible version. Under their FAQ section on their home page, they clearly state that the two programs are different. They tried to make the program for the Treo 300 compatible with the Treo 600, but couldn't in the end.

As for your other points, I have no clue.
    One more thing in case you or anyone was wondering if VERICHAT would work on the Treo 600.

The latest version of VERICHAT does support the Treo 300 and 600. I think they said in an email reply to delete it off the Treo 300 and then install it on the 600.

Therefore I don't get it why PDANET couldn't do the same????? Interesting
  5.    #5  
    Has anyone used ANY telnet program successfully with the Treo 600?

Has anyone used PalmVNC with the 600?

Those are the big ones in my opinion..
    Originally posted by mk3cn4
    Has anyone used ANY telnet program successfully with the Treo 600?

Has anyone used PalmVNC with the 600?

Those are the big ones in my opinion..
    Haven't tried telnet yet, but SSH works great. I found a freeware util called TuSSH...very stable.
    Isn't there a Treo 600 emulator that can be used to answer some of these questions?

If so, does anyone have a link where we can download it?

Thanks,
    Leo
    Originally posted by mk3cn4
    6) Again not a necessity, I registered Liberty Game Boy Emulator, and although most games are too slow on the 300 I do get some recreational use of it. Would like it to work on the 600.
    -Mk3cn4
    I thought that program looked really cool... never tried it myself. Was also wondering if it works on the 600 ok before I buy it... anybody know?

Downloaded TuSSH right on my Treo.
    Dear Mk3cn4,

I can help answer your PalmVNC question. Palm VNC Version 2.0.3 (build 181) and is woking fine on my Treo 600.

My setup... Road Runner cable modem to SMC Wireless Barricade to pc.

I hope this helps.
    Dave Lindberg