1.    #1  
    Just suffered yet again an RBOD incident on my T300 just wondering how many out there with the T600 have suffered or confirm that the T600 does not suffer from this?
    Download and setup TreoHelper. It's free and you'll never have RBOD.
  3.    #3  
    hey thanks for the reply I have downloaded it and what settings do you have for the "dropnet" of the program?

TIA
  4. jrv
    I had a RBOD episode even after installing TreoHelper.
  5.    #5  
    jrv...do you have a t600 or t300? and if so what settings did you have for treohelper? I know somebody out there with a t600 can at least verify if they are suffering from this??!! Please someone chime in!
  6. jrv
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    jrv...do you have a t600 or t300? and if so what settings did you have for treohelper?
    It was a Treo 300. My Treo 600 was ordered Thursday (“Order Received”).

Unfortunately I cannot check the setting as the Treo 300 has died.

In a year of Treo 300 usage I had three RBOD episodes, each on an out-of-town trip, none in my hometown. It was Really Annoying but after the first incident I packed a charger along for trips: I noticed the RBOD the second and third times before the battery actually drained and managed to reset the phone and recharge in time.
    Originally posted by Speedracer
    hey thanks for the reply I have downloaded it and what settings do you have for the "dropnet" of the program?
    For RBOD prevention I set "dropnet (no coverage)" to 15 seconds. I don't like it having to disconnect often during the day, but that's what I have to do or I will get an unpredictable RBOD.
    Yes mine is at 15 secs too. I've never had a loss again. I work in a hospital in the basement. I hear my phone beep cause it's out of service and it won't try to look for service until 5:00pm when I'm off work.
    Is RBOD still present in the 600? Can anyone test this without using TreoHelper. TIA.
    Originally posted by ChemEngr
    Is RBOD still present in the 600? Can anyone test this without using TreoHelper. TIA.
    Mine will be delivered this week and that will be one of the first things I'll test. I'll report the news here.
    Originally posted by stuartr

Mine will be delivered this week and that will be one of the first things I'll test. I'll report the news here.
    *UPDATE*

I took my new Treo 600 deep in a basement that has no Sprint coverage. Stayed there for a painful 30 minutes and the Treo LED flashed Red the whole time. When I emerged the LED continued to flash Red but when I clicked the jog dial to go to the Web the led changed to Green and off it went. The only question that remains is if it will recover on it's own without touching anything. I'll test this tomorrow and report back (again).

It looks much better than the Treo 300 already !
    ?? double post.

Anyhoo, don't wait. TEST IMMEDIATELY.
    what is RBOD?
    Red Blink Of Death
    My Treo 600 is my first Treo product, so I am not sure if this helps.

I have been in areas of no service (underground garages, etc.) and my phone has always regained service quickly and on its own.
    In the 10 months or so I had my Treo 300, this only happened twice that I recall. Had no service and therefore had red light. Entered an area of strong service and never got green back until I turned the radio off and then back on. Usually, it would automatically regain the signal when I reentered a good signal area.
    I certainly hope that my soon to own 600 won't have that issue.

*UPDATE*

I took my new Treo 600 deep in a basement that has no Sprint coverage. Stayed there for a painful 30 minutes and the Treo LED flashed Red the whole time. When I emerged the LED continued to flash Red but when I clicked the jog dial to go to the Web the led changed to Green and off it went. The only question that remains is if it will recover on it's own without touching anything. I'll test this tomorrow and report back (again).
    *SECOND UPDATE*

I tested my Treo 600 again in the (no signal) basement for about 40 minutes. When I brought the Treo back up into the daylight it automatically rediscovered the network on its own. So I think we've answered the question - RBOD is no longer a problem.

There was one report from a T6 user that his T6 ran its battery down while searching all day for a signal. I'd guess that he forgot to disable Digital Roaming (which contributed to battery drain on the Treo 300).