1.    #1  
    This seems to be such an elusive things to
    find for palm devices, but has anyone found
    an email program that supports secure
    IMAP (i.e. IMAP over SSL).

I need IMAP since I look at messages from
    several different computers, and I need
    SSL since I do not want my password
    going unencrypted over the open Internet.

Linux and Windows mail apps (e.g. mozilla)
    support this and have for some time.

I heard of one called PapiMail, but I read
    that it will not accept self-signed SSL
    certificates...ugh.

Thanks, Joe
    Blazer 3.0 browser supports SSL. I am able to access corporate Exchange Webmail using the browser. Authentication info is encrypted. If you are looking for an application that supports multiple accounts try iambic Mail 3.12. I have not tried this app but it claims to work.
    Palm Pre
    (formerly TouchPro, iPhone 3G, Curve, 8800, Treo800p, E61, N9300, Treo 700p ,Treo 600, I500, I330, Treo 300, I300, 6035)
    Originally posted by skyrush
    This seems to be such an elusive things to
    find for palm devices, but has anyone found
    an email program that supports secure
    IMAP (i.e. IMAP over SSL).

I need IMAP since I look at messages from
    several different computers, and I need
    SSL since I do not want my password
    going unencrypted over the open Internet.

Linux and Windows mail apps (e.g. mozilla)
    support this and have for some time.

I heard of one called PapiMail, but I read
    that it will not accept self-signed SSL
    certificates...ugh.

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,

I've posted before on this topic though haven't the cycles to search for it. In a nutshell, PapiMail is not a desirable client to use, try it out for yourself. Versamail 2.5 and higher is the only app out there today that does this but it only works with OS 5.2.1 and higher for SSL. In other words, you won't get it working with your Treo 270/300 (and even requires OS 4.1 just to run).

Finally, my opinion you ask? Glad you did...I am holding out for Snappermail to support IMAP which they claim to be on their roadmap. One of my problems with VersaMail is how poorly it handles folders on the server side. I'm hoping that SM does a better job of this. Also, VM does not support SSL send. That said, I'll be running with VersaMail until SM is out.

Regards...
    the one and only solution for imap over SSL (s-imap) i found for my treo 180 is gopherking

gopherking is a kind of hotmail for advanced and heavy users. support nearly every mail format and has a PDA version, that works great on my treo 180.

there is also a 30days trial available...

markus
    I didnt know SM was going to include IMAP? Have you heard of a timeline?

I figured VersaMail til then too, though SM seems way nicer. Who uses POP??
    No, no timeline. But if you look at the bottom of the FAQ posted here: http://www.snappermail.com/palm/email/faqs.cfm you'll see that they do intend to support it. My guess is that this will come sooner than later as it is certainly the direction many corporations are moving in terms of giving their employees access to email without VPN connectivity.

Regards...
    I've been using a program called Basejet for a few days now, and it seems to be working really well. MUCH faster syncing than Snappermail too. I don't use the SSL function, but I do use it for my IMAP account.

http://www.basejet.com/home/index.html

Good luck!