1.    #1  
    I currently have a program for my PPC that allows me to control my PPC from the desktop.. Makes setting up the unit a lot easier on a full sized keyboard and such.

Is there such a program for the T600?

Thanks

Josh
    First I'll start out by saying that I've heard that previous Treos didn't exactly have the best IR range.

The two Palm programs that work for remote control are NoviiRemote, and OmniRemote. However, neither of these currently works on the Treo; I've tried both.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the update.. I'll keep my eye out for something.

Josh
    Ok, so to make sure I understand you, OmniRemote does not work on your Treo600?

Thanks!

Ben
    --------------------------

The two Palm programs that work for remote control are NoviiRemote, and OmniRemote. However, neither of these currently works on the Treo; I've tried both. [/B][/QUOTE]
    The IR range on the Treo line is not great. I have Omniremote - works good (limited distance though) on my Treo 300. It will not work at all on the Treo 600 and I have sent SEVERAL emails to the company with no response.

Ben

Originally posted by JoshFink
    I currently have a program for my PPC that allows me to control my PPC from the desktop.. Makes setting up the unit a lot easier on a full sized keyboard and such.

Thanks

Josh
    As the notes indicate, none of the programs support the Treo 600. I have sent three messages to the support at neopacifictek.com and have yet to receive a response of any type. At least a respones would be nice. It's about time to publically complain about lack of support/service.

Ben

Originally posted by JoshFink

Thanks

Josh
    I received an email message from neopacifictek.com - the release for the Treo 600 is expected in approximately three weeks.

Ben

--------------

Originally posted by bclinger
    As the notes indicate, none of the programs support the Treo 600. I have sent three messages to the support at neopacifictek.com and have yet to receive a response of any type. At least a respones would be nice. It's about time to publically complain about lack of support/service.

Ben

Thanks for your interest in our NoviiRemote software!

Handspring Treo 600 is a new device. Recently we've tested NoviiRemote and
    concluded that our latest version 2.2 is not compatible with Treo 600.

Currently we're working on the improvement of our infra-red driver for needs
    of Treo 600. I think the new version will be ready in about a month. We'll
    let you know.

Currently we cannot predict the max range of Treo 600.

We would be pleased to have you as our customer, and will make every effort
    to insure your satisfaction.

Please visit our web site at http://www.novii.tv for information about our
    products, User Guides, tutorials and other useful information.

Best regards,

Efim Voinov
    NoviiMedia
    bump
    Can't wait to see how this works. I downloaded the trial of NoviiRemote and the screens look great. I have several ReplayTV units and hate that I can't see the remote buttons in the dark. Hope I can use the Treo at night. I only need about 6' of range.
    Can you provide a link for the trial?
    I'd give the direct novii link if I could, via www.novii.com, but their link to their product page doesn't seem to work at the moment.

You can try Cnet's download.com though, http://download.com.com/3000-2360-10225176.html.

I hope they add support for the Treo 600 soon though, the latest doesn't support it yet.
    Hmm the Blaster Product looks promising. And it is said to extend IR range as it has its own transmitter via SDIO

-Turn3
    i tried omniremote last night, the program worked on my Treo, but the range is just pathetic.
    I only wanted about 2 m of range and i couldn't get it. In all honesty i must add that the IR-reciever will probably not be the most sensitive since it's something i soldered together to fit on the com-port of my computer.
    water created humans to carry it up hills