1.    #1  
    I currently use a product called CodeWalletPro on my PPC and I'm looking for a similar piece of software for my T600. Any suggestions on a good password management program that will let me enter the data on my computer and have it synch up?

Thanks

Josh
    Originally posted by JoshFink
    I currently use a product called CodeWalletPro on my PPC and I'm looking for a similar piece of software for my T600. Any suggestions on a good password management program that will let me enter the data on my computer and have it synch up?

Thanks

Josh
    Check out PDA Safe by Handmark:

http://handmark.com/products/detail.php?id=111
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Why not use Splash ID, which is included with your Treo?

Edit: I'm actually thinking now that I remember reading the Treo version of Splash ID doesn't allow you to use the desktop counterpart, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you should try out Splash ID because its still a good program.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.. I'll try both but the Desktop component of it is essential.

Josh
    Well I just looked at both and it seems to me like Splash ID and PDASafe are the exact same program with a different name. They're even at the same version number. However, this might influence your decision. Both have a regular price of 19.95, but Splash ID has a special upgrade program for Treo users so its only 9.95.

http://www.splashdata.com/treo600
  6.    #6  
    Thanks.. I just saw the upgrade as well.. I bought it.. Seems to work well so far.... We'll have to see

Josh
    I have been using SplashData apps for sometime. They are very stable, willing to take suggestions to enhance the apps. It seems odd that the "free loaded apps" on the T600 appear only when you get it but not after a HR or otherwise. Word of caution make sure you copy your backup to keep these freebies.

SplashID is worth the money and will be even better when they support the 5-way pad too.
    The included apps are in your add-on folder under your user name. They weren't on my device right away in fact, and only appeared when i HotSynced the first time.
    I use SplashID and SplashPhoto and love them both. They both have the desktop component and conduits which are great. I highly recommend them both.

By the way ... photos display MUCH better in SplashPhoto than they do in the new Treo Pictures app. I wonder why that is??
    I can tell you what NOT to try - the PGP Mobile, which my not-very-smart-self bought as part of a package with PGP Desktop. PGP Mobile does not work on Treo 270s, 300s, or 600s.
    PGP Mobile does not work on Treo 270s, 300s, or 600s.

Are you sure about that? I have it working on my 270...but I think I did a little mucking with the registry to make it work with PGP 8.x. Problem is, it is extremely slow....but the ARM processor in the 600 should help that significantly.

-Joe

EDITED for clarity: I mucked with the registry to get the desktop conduit to work...it is not necessary, but makes it easier. For the palm version, I simply installed it and it works fine.
    Last edited by ExtraOrdinaryJo; 10/14/2003 at 10:34 AM.
    where do we get instructions for splash software
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Although it is designed for PC first and Palm second, I love Roboform. I cannot imagine life on my PC without it.

http://www.roboform.com/

http://www.roboform.com/palm.html
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    i use eWallet.
    I concur with Nomandin...Roboform is absolutely great on the PC. I don't really need it on the Palm side, but it's very secure and if you want to carry your passwords around that's a good place to do it.

On the downside, I don't think you can edit/add data to it on the Palm, only on the PC...but I may be wrong.

It is by far and away the best IE add-in I have ever seen...and the support is fantastic.

Ken
    Try Cloak from Chapura. Easy to use with PC and Palm interfaces.