Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    For those early Treo 600 Owner,

I have read that, Treo 600 is not multi-tasking. Is that mean, when I am answering a call, I can't launch a Calendar or Accessing my SMS Inbox?

Please share your experience.

Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
    Hi. The PalmOS is not mulitasking...however with my 180, 300 and I presume soon-to-be 600 you can use any Palm app while on the phone. So, yes, you can check your calendar or notes while answering the phone.

Things you can't do:
    1. Run 2 Palm apps concurrently - note that you can swap between apps (ie: Calendar and Notes) but the app swapped out stops running.

2. I don't think you can use 2 phone apps (ie: SMS and phone) concurrently but I could be wrong on that with the GSM models.
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    Hi. The PalmOS is not mulitasking...however with my 180, 300 and I presume soon-to-be 600 you can use any Palm app while on the phone. So, yes, you can check your calendar or notes while answering the phone.

Things you can't do:
    1. Run 2 Palm apps concurrently - note that you can swap between apps (ie: Calendar and Notes) but the app swapped out stops running.

2. I don't think you can use 2 phone apps (ie: SMS and phone) concurrently but I could be wrong on that with the GSM models.
    on older gsm phones you can send sms and talk on phone at same time
    I'm able to listent to MP3s with Pocket Tunes and work in other apps at the same time some so it does seem to do some multi-tasking.

Speaking of Pocket Tunes, has anyone received their free copy from Handspring for registering? I registed on Friday and still haven't received it.

Larry
    You can definitely access other applications while talking on the phone. I was even able to load the browser, though it couldn't download a web page. No surprise there.
    John Seay
    You can run any app that doesn't access the web while talking on the phone.

lmelamed, I got my email to download PTunes less than 5 minutes after registering.
    Originally posted by skfny
    You can run any app that doesn't access the web while talking on the phone.

lmelamed, I got my email to download PTunes less than 5 minutes after registering.
    I just ordered my Treo 600 last night. Where do you register with Handspring to get Pocket Tunes for free?
    You can access any Palm function during a call. Also as Larry stated, you can listen to mp3's in the background during almost any operation, except during a call.

For the Sprint folks, there is a "free gift when you register" link on the CD. Once you register, you are immediately given the choice of getting one of 2 software titles. Don't remember the link.
    Originally posted by skfny
    Odd, I registered on Thursday and have not gotten the email.
    Frustrating.
    letsgoflyers81, it is on the CD that comes with the phone. The is a button you press and it directs you to a website. My CD is at work otherwise I would post the link.
    Roger
    Originally posted by RLewis
    My CD is at work otherwise I would post the link.
    http://www.handspring.com/cdregister/
    John Seay
    I also registered Friday and have not received the pocket tunes download information...
    Matt
    I just registered, and received Pockettunes within one minute.
    I registered Thursday, and got it late Thursday night in an email link,
    i know this is obvious, but sometimes those things get routed to my bulk mai lfolder in yahoo, or whatever spam filtering app you might use with outlook..just a suggestion-
    Evaluator,

Understood, but I've combed through everything in my e-mail. I have a link to all NEW mail, and it has not come across.

Has anyone called Handspring about this? I may just re-try the CD link again...

Matt
    I registered Thursday, and then again today. Nada.
    I checked the link and it says you have a choice of two programs. What are the choices? I have not recieved my Treo yet. Hopefully this week.