Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. nomadmy's Avatar
    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
       #1  
    For those early Treo 600 Owner,

    I have read that, Treo 600 is not multi-tasking. Is that mean, when I am answering a call, I can't launch a Calendar or Accessing my SMS Inbox?

    Please share your experience.

    Thanks.
    Palm III -> Revo -> Palm V -> Clie 760 -> Clie T650C -> SE P800 -> Treo 600 -> Clie UX50 -> The Dark Side -> Treo 650 -> Nokia E61 -> Treo 680
  2. #2  
    Hi. The PalmOS is not mulitasking...however with my 180, 300 and I presume soon-to-be 600 you can use any Palm app while on the phone. So, yes, you can check your calendar or notes while answering the phone.

    Things you can't do:
    1. Run 2 Palm apps concurrently - note that you can swap between apps (ie: Calendar and Notes) but the app swapped out stops running.

    2. I don't think you can use 2 phone apps (ie: SMS and phone) concurrently but I could be wrong on that with the GSM models.
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by gkaatz
    Hi. The PalmOS is not mulitasking...however with my 180, 300 and I presume soon-to-be 600 you can use any Palm app while on the phone. So, yes, you can check your calendar or notes while answering the phone.

    Things you can't do:
    1. Run 2 Palm apps concurrently - note that you can swap between apps (ie: Calendar and Notes) but the app swapped out stops running.

    2. I don't think you can use 2 phone apps (ie: SMS and phone) concurrently but I could be wrong on that with the GSM models.
    on older gsm phones you can send sms and talk on phone at same time
  4. #4  
    I'm able to listent to MP3s with Pocket Tunes and work in other apps at the same time some so it does seem to do some multi-tasking.

    Speaking of Pocket Tunes, has anyone received their free copy from Handspring for registering? I registed on Friday and still haven't received it.

    Larry
  5. #5  
    You can definitely access other applications while talking on the phone. I was even able to load the browser, though it couldn't download a web page. No surprise there.
    John Seay
  6. #6  
    You can run any app that doesn't access the web while talking on the phone.

    lmelamed, I got my email to download PTunes less than 5 minutes after registering.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by skfny
    You can run any app that doesn't access the web while talking on the phone.

    lmelamed, I got my email to download PTunes less than 5 minutes after registering.
    I just ordered my Treo 600 last night. Where do you register with Handspring to get Pocket Tunes for free?
  8. #8  
    You can access any Palm function during a call. Also as Larry stated, you can listen to mp3's in the background during almost any operation, except during a call.

    For the Sprint folks, there is a "free gift when you register" link on the CD. Once you register, you are immediately given the choice of getting one of 2 software titles. Don't remember the link.
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by skfny
    lmelamed, I got my email to download PTunes less than 5 minutes after registering.
    Odd, I registered on Thursday and have not gotten the email.
    Frustrating.
  10. #10  
    letsgoflyers81, it is on the CD that comes with the phone. The is a button you press and it directs you to a website. My CD is at work otherwise I would post the link.
    Roger
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by RLewis
    My CD is at work otherwise I would post the link.
    http://www.handspring.com/cdregister/
    John Seay
  12. #12  
    I also registered Friday and have not received the pocket tunes download information...
    Matt
  13. #13  
    I just registered, and received Pockettunes within one minute.
  14. #14  
    I registered Thursday, and got it late Thursday night in an email link,
  15. #15  
    i know this is obvious, but sometimes those things get routed to my bulk mai lfolder in yahoo, or whatever spam filtering app you might use with outlook..just a suggestion-
  16. #16  
    Evaluator,

    Understood, but I've combed through everything in my e-mail. I have a link to all NEW mail, and it has not come across.

    Has anyone called Handspring about this? I may just re-try the CD link again...

    Matt
  17. #17  
    I registered Thursday, and then again today. Nada.
  18. #18  
    I checked the link and it says you have a choice of two programs. What are the choices? I have not recieved my Treo yet. Hopefully this week.

Posting Permissions