1.    #1  
    I have been told audacity(3rd party voice rec developer) that voice-recording capability will not be part of the T600 until HS upgrades to the next ROM. Audacity thinks that will occur by the end of the year. We should get word from HS exactly what date..

I wonder how many other improvements in the T600 can be added by a simple ROM upgrade? Voice-recording is one(according to audacity). But what else could be added? Better resolution functions for the camera? 'push email'? Any ideas?
    PTT could be an upgrade. I believe that the Chipset supports it, it should just be the adding of a soft-key to use the PTT feature.

Promised e-mail client that is not on the device could be added by upgrading the ROM.
  3.    #3  
    What is PTT?
    PTT is Push-to-talk, a two way walkie-talkie like feature. Like Nextel, but implemented on the data network using VoIP.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    PTT could be an upgrade. I believe that the Chipset supports it, it should just be the adding of a soft-key to use the PTT feature.

Promised e-mail client that is not on the device could be added by upgrading the ROM.
    The chipset might support it, but the radio definitely doesn't! There will not be any software upgrade to allow PTT on the Treo600 period...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions