Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by thegasguru

I also need the keyboard backlight on, it's a real hassle to have the keyboard suddenly go dark. Now I'm sitting in darkness trying to re-light my keyboard without pressing the wrong key that will ype the wrong thing onto the screen.

Does anybody know if the mLights developers are working on this?
    I couldn't agree more. Much of my work is done in the dark (OK - opening myself up for jokes) and this feature would be invaluable. I hope they add this option. I actually bought mLights when I first got the Treo thinking that it provided this feature.
    Originally posted by rwilson290

Is this possible? (to have a "night" mode where the screen background is black)
    You can almost do this with the "colors" pref in Prefs -> General. Specifically nostalgia and chocolate have dark backgrounds (but far from black). You have to go into prefs to change it and you can't set the specific colors yourself.

David
    Originally posted by thegasguru
    I'm looking for this too! Glowhack + Tealmaster would be perfect, except it does make the keyboard backlight blink periodically. mLights is close to perfect, except that the keyboard backlight times out after 10 seconds instead of staying lit up until the unit is turned off. The problem is that when I need the screen dimmed at night when I'm in darkness (in my bedroom or in a movie theater or wherever), and I also need the keyboard backlight on, it's a real hassle to have the keyboard suddenly go dark. Now I'm sitting in darkness trying to re-light my keyboard without pressing the wrong key that will ype the wrong thing onto the screen.

Does anybody know if the mLights developers are working on this?
    Any update on this? I'd be interested in mLights if it doesn't time out.
    Originally posted by smartphone
    Anyone else running Glowhack? It's flashing the keyboard on and off every minute or so. This has to be draining the battery. And a bit annoying as I sometimes as I leave my headset in my ear and here the phone click on and off.
    I know what you mean... the constant flashing of the keyboard backlight probably out-weighs any battery saving benefits offered by GlowHack.

I contacted the author and he suggested that it's due to the inner workings of the Treo... I'm not convinced.
    www.gsmworld.com
    I noticed something really cool about glowhack totally by accident. People have been complaining about the blinking keyboard when the treo is off. this is a bit annoying. but before it started all the flashing, when i turned off the treo while plugged in, the keyboard lights came on and stayed on! it's like a mini nite lite & you can find the phone in total darkness. those blue lites are perfect at night. this would be the perfect feature to add to mlights-while plugged, keyboard light stays on when powered off. but it doesn't do it anymore. now it just blinks. ahhh crap.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123