Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Any update on this? I see that the mLights program supports the Treo 600 now, but they don't mention anything about the dimming feature, just the normal keyboard backlight functions. It also doesn't sound like the kb backlight stays on... it still has the 10 second timeout or whatever it is. I was really looking for something similar in functionality to the glowhack thing mentioned in the first post, but I'd really like to avoid having to use a hack. Anybody know any other programs that do something like this?
    Last edited by jennyfur; 11/13/2003 at 12:32 PM.
    It's like a flashlight when you answer the phone in a restaurant or in the car. I tried YAHM and glowhack and it didn't work again. I guess I'm gonna break down and buy Tealmaster. But I wish someone here at least has tried this and can tell me this works.

I really would like to dim the screen at night.
  3.    #23  
    Originally posted by smartphone
    It's like a flashlight when you answer the phone in a restaurant or in the car. I tried YAHM and glowhack and it didn't work again. I guess I'm gonna break down and buy Tealmaster. But I wish someone here at least has tried this and can tell me this works.

I really would like to dim the screen at night.
    Tealmaster and Glowhack do work together....

L
    Lee Ladisky
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Leeladisky

Tealmaster and Glowhack do work together....

L
    [/QUOTglow hack and teal master work fine together. i prefer glow hack to mlights. i needed to buy a hack for the 600 any ways and glow hack was free . no complaints here
    I finally got tealmaster and glowhack working. It works great. exactly what I was looking for....
    I'm using mLights on my T600 and it works exactly as it did on my 270. Glad to hear that MotionApps is going to add the dimmer feature. Definitely agree that night time on the T600 is way too bright. Tried autodimmer, and it works fine, but all it does is automatically dim the screen for a preset amount of time. It would need an ON/OFF time preset to do this only during night time. What's the point of this tiny 4K app?
    Dimming the screen is good for saving battery life. What about inverting the color scheme somehow? Actually turning it black and white and having it as white text on a black background? The reason I ask is that I'm thinking if I get a car mount and I'm driving around at night it could make for an easier transition on my eyes as I shift from looking at my treo to look at the road. No I won't be browsing the web, but a glowing light in your field of view is a distraction.

Some examples where this is recognized are:

-I once saw a AAA article mention that you should dim your dash as low as is reasonable in order to make it easier on your eyes as you shift from looking at your gauges to looking at the road.

-Even the Hertz NeverLost GPS system uses a black background. There's a reason for this. It's safer at night to not have a bright glowing light in your field of view as mentioned above.

Is this possible? (to have a "night" mode where the screen background is black)
    Anyone else running Glowhack? It's flashing the keyboard on and off every minute or so. This has to be draining the battery. And a bit annoying as I sometimes as I leave my headset in my ear and here the phone click on and off.
    Anyone else running Glowhack? It's flashing the keyboard on and off every minute or so. This has to be draining the battery. And a bit annoying as I sometimes as I leave my headset in my ear and here the phone click on and off.
    Flashed for me. Got rid of it. Mlights.
    Just checking if mLights updated the application yet where it will also dim the backlight during certain hours.
  11.    #31  
    Just checking if mLights updated the application yet where it will also dim the backlight during certain hours.
    They keep saying maybe... nothing yet AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    There is a new version of mLights out today, version 2.5 that now lets you control screen baclight brightness levels. Very cool!

http://www.motionapps.com/mlights.jsp
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Does the new mLight keep the backlight on until the treo screen is shutoff like the treo600's key combo option + p, not just the 10 seconds?

If so that would be great!

digidep
    No it doesn't. The kb backlight goes off after about 10 sec. of non use. As soon as you touch it it will come back on.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    FYI - mLights does not interfere with the option + p backlight functionality.

Also - Treo 600 Essentials should be releasing a full review of mLights this evening.
    Originally posted by Leeladisky

They keep saying maybe... nothing yet AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

L
    FYI - version 2.5 does allow time based backlighting now.
    Treo 600 Essentials has released the mLights review: http://treo600essentials.com/reviews...19116111551286

Best,
    Derek
    Treo 600 Essentials
    Originally posted by derek985

FYI - version 2.5 does allow time based backlighting now.
    Do you mean time-based backlighting by setting the amount of time the backlight is on?

I want it to be off during the times specified, but then always on at night, not just the 10 sec...

digidep
    Exactly what I was looking for. Finally...

Basically it allows you to set a daytime brightness and nighttime brightness.

Then hours for which the daytime is for you so it knows when day and night for you is. e.g. 7am - 4pm.

Also during those nightime hours, it keeps the backlit keyboard on. And during the day hours, it keeps the backlit keyboard off to conserve power.
    Exactly what I was looking for. Finally...

Basically it allows you to set a daytime brightness and nighttime brightness.

Then hours for which the daytime is for you so it knows when day and night for you is. e.g. 7am - 4pm.

Also during those nightime hours, it keeps the backlit keyboard on. And during the day hours, it keeps the backlit keyboard off to conserve power.

I'm looking for this too! Glowhack + Tealmaster would be perfect, except it does make the keyboard backlight blink periodically. mLights is close to perfect, except that the keyboard backlight times out after 10 seconds instead of staying lit up until the unit is turned off. The problem is that when I need the screen dimmed at night when I'm in darkness (in my bedroom or in a movie theater or wherever), and I also need the keyboard backlight on, it's a real hassle to have the keyboard suddenly go dark. Now I'm sitting in darkness trying to re-light my keyboard without pressing the wrong key that will ype the wrong thing onto the screen.

Does anybody know if the mLights developers are working on this?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast