1.    #1  
    I have a treo 300, and I tried in vain to bid on an item that I forgot to set maxibidder on (OS X :) a while back... I thought I'd be smart, whip out my phone, and bid... Apparantly Blazer won't let you bid or something? Anyhow, long question short... Can you bid out of the box w/the 600 and whatever browser it has? Just curious. Not a major selling point, I know there are ways to bid using the 300, and there is a recent thread showing an alt url which allows you to bid sometimes, sometimes not... Point is, does the new browser let you bid out of the box?

I almost know I want one of these, at the one thread's questionable $200, I'd order it today (only Sprint's product replacement dept is closed right now :) at $400, I'd buy it if I could see it... The only thing holding me back is that I am hesitant about the lack of the lid :( I know, screen protector (I have one on my 300 since the day I got it) should suffice... Just that I have carried my t300 in my jeans, slacks, shorts w/pockets, and never worried once about the screen getting gouged by the little metal button things above some jean pockets, etc. I guess as careful as I am w/my stuff (original t300 for a year now, only one small point where the paint is wearing off) I should just go with it and get away from the star trek communications device flip look!!!

Rey :)
  2.    #2  
    You know on the t300 how after a few seconds after flipping open the lid or dialing a number, the screen dims quite a bit while you are talking on the phone? Does the same thing happen with the 600?

I believe the reason you had trouble was the lack of security in the blazer app, it didn't support it.

As for the screen diming, nope my screen is actually too bright at times have to turn it down. Others are wondering how to turn the screen or backlight off, guess they didn't program that either.
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    I believe the reason you had trouble was the lack of security in the blazer app, it didn't support it.

As for the screen diming, nope my screen is actually too bright at times have to turn it down. Others are wondering how to turn the screen or backlight off, guess they didn't program that either.
    Not sure about the security thing... I was able to log onto my bank's website and manipulate my accounts through Blazer no problem!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    According to the manual, the silver button on the right turns the screen off. I have posted that twice on this forum but I keep forgetting to try it.

The only thing holding me back is that I am hesitant about the lack of the lid I know, screen protector (I have one on my 300 since the day I got it) should suffice... Just that I have carried my t300 in my jeans, slacks, shorts w/pockets, and never worried once about the screen getting gouged by the little metal button things above some jean pockets, etc. I guess as careful as I am w/my stuff (original t300 for a year now, only one small point where the paint is wearing off) I should just go with it and get away from the star trek communications device flip look!!!
    There are ups and downs to the lack of a lid. I have been carrying my T600 in my pants pocket, without even a screen protector (!), and it's fine. However, that means I can't keep anything else in that pocket, except for pieces of paper or the like. Nothing plastic or metal.

I have the belt clip/case on order from Handspring. It's $30 and provides a part leather, part plastic case that lets you see the screen, access all ports, and (supposedly) use the keyboard and five-way nav. It snaps onto a clip that goes on your belt or pants waist. I'll post here (probably on the accessories board) when it arrives and I try it out. It LOOKS like a good solution for most people. Third-party versions (perhaps with better quality or a design you'll like more) are also coming soon.

On the bright side, you know how the flip on the T300 is very light, so the phone always feels like it's going to slither out from between your head and shoulder during calls? The T600 doesn't have that problem ... also, no hinge to break.

One minor complaint, and this could be pure stupidity on my part, is that on the T300, you could push the power button to turn wireless mode on/off. On the T600, since there is no flip to act as the PDA power, the power button controls overall device power. This means that there is no hardware button to toggle wireless on/wireless off, as far as I know. I was in a movie last night and couldn't quickly figure out how to turn my phone off!
    Originally posted by wombat2
    According to the manual, the silver button on the right turns the screen off. I have posted that twice on this forum but I keep forgetting to try it.

One minor complaint, and this could be pure stupidity on my part, is that on the T300, you could push the power button to turn wireless mode on/off. On the T600, since there is no flip to act as the PDA power, the power button controls overall device power. This means that there is no hardware button to toggle wireless on/wireless off, as far as I know. I was in a movie last night and couldn't quickly figure out how to turn my phone off!
    Try holding the button nearest the antennae for a few seconds and that should cycle power to the radio.

L
    Lee Ladisky
    Hold the power button down to toggle the phone off and on without turning the unit off.
  8.    #8  
    Yes or no on the ebay bidding question?

(t600 ordered but on backorder, but still... ordered :)
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by stingrey
    Yes or no on the ebay bidding question?

Rey
    (t600 ordered but on backorder, but still... ordered
    REALLY!!! where did those other posts come from, stay on topic boys!!

I have successfully bid on and re-bid on auctions on ebay using my 180g. it's not as fast as i'd like, but it does work. is there an updated version of Blazer? I would think that even though we use different versions of the treo our Blazer would be the same. My provider is T-Mo, could be your provider has a problem with the ebay stuff. just a guess.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  10.    #10  
    Anyone? I can't get a specific item to come up, let alone bid on an item... Any info appreciated. By the way, the phone itself is awesome :)
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Anyone? I can't get a specific item to come up, let alone bid on an item... Any info appreciated. By the way, the phone itself is awesome
    did you read my post?!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Anyone? I can't get a specific item to come up, let alone bid on an item...
    I had no problem bidding on my 300, but I'm having the same problem with the 600 as you are. Can't get an item to display properly.

randyg: He was asking about the 600 using Blazer 3.0, not the 180 using Blazer 2.0.
  13.    #13  
    Exactly. I have the t600 now (ordered Sunday eve, had it as of yesterday a.m. :) and am super happy... Like I mentioned someplace, I rarely use the phone to even think of bidding, as it takes so long to load pages, but on occasion I think about it... Anyhow, just wondered if ANYONE had any positive results bidding on eBay w/the 600, as I can't do it as of yet. However, the weekend is upon us :) The 600 runs everything I need it to so far, haven't tried vnc though. With that being said, the phone is SOOOOOOOO much faster at synching w/my laptop, thought it was just the fact that it was usb at first, but now I realize it is the phone somehow. In addition, movie trailers and mp3s on the phone are SUPERB entertainment for the masses, depending on what mp3s you have on hand. I have a nice array of stuff for crowds in a car to listen to. I didn't even know the phone did that stuff before I got it, so I am even more happy with it than before! Like I say, just wanted to get rid of the star trek look. Man what a sweet phone!