Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been a fan of BigClock but I don't think that it is compatible with OS 5.x

I have installed it on my new treo and it does a soft reset when ever I try to look at and change the settings for the app.

Any ideas of a new program or possibly an update for this great app?

Thanks!
    i use big clock v 2.8, i have not experienced any problems on my 600.
    I tried BigClock last night, and the alarm portion didn't make any noise because of the keyguard coming up. Once I dismissed the keyguard, it started squawking with an alarm tone.

I did get a soft reset when trying to do something with one of the menu settings, though, so I removed it.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am not sure about the best one, but multiClock works well. I got it at palmgear.com.
    I have been using Big Clock for years. It is superb!!!

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by JakeE
    I have been using Big Clock for years. It is superb!!!

Jake
    Does your treo 600 reset when you try to change the programs options? Hopefully its just mine and it can be fixed...
    i just changed time , ring numbers, sounds, on my 600 no problems. have you deleted and reloaded app.
    is there any app to wake you up with an mp3 stored in RAM/SD card ?

does pockettunes or other mp3 soft player have this feature ?

boy, i would love to plug in some minispeakers and go to sleep...
    ...can you select the volume your alarm/mp3 wil play at ?

I use megaclock_LR and it works great on the 600

www.treobits.com
    Treo 600 friendly website with Ringtones, Shoutcast Feeds and more...
    agree that megaclock is the best (the LR is for 160x160 palm os 5 devices)
    Bigclock does a soft reset whenever I try change its options. I tried to re-install as JTREOB suggested, but it didn't help. MegaClock looks pretty good.
    John Seay
    Pocket Tunes does not have a wake up feature. I asked them about it and they said it was a "possible future upgrade". Whatever that means. One of the other things I asked about, a "sleep" funciton did get implemented. Its there but you have to go into the settings and fiddle with it. Its not exactly the easiest thing to get to.

I'm waiting for the GSM T600 so I don't know specifics about BigClock a T600 it but I've used BigClock with OS 5.x devices since the T|T came out.
    I've been experiencing the same problems with Big Clock, so I tried Mega Clock and it's really cool BUT...I'm having a problem getting the alarm to sound when the phone display is off. The Treo wakes up and flashes an alert screen, but NO ALARM! If I keep the unit on and the alarm goes off, I hear the alarm just fine.
    I've tried turning off the keyguard but that hasn't helped.
    Please help if you can.
    A bit over a month ago I began looking at alarm clocks. I tried Big Clock and a bunch of others. I then came across Bob's Alarm and gave it a try - purchased it a couple of hours later. The application is undergoing refinement with the addition of new features. The cost is also pretty good. It is available from PalmGear.com - search for "Bob's" and you'll find it.

I use a Treo 300 and it has had problems with the two latest betas. I therefore stepped back to an earlier beta version. Anyway, support from the author is good.

Ben
    ------------------

Originally posted by flyinjack
    I have been a fan of BigClock but I don't think that it is compatible with OS 5.x

I have installed it on my new treo and it does a soft reset when ever I try to look at and change the settings for the app.

Any ideas of a new program or possibly an update for this great app?

Thanks!
    Where is Mega Clock available? Did a quick search no luck.
    Thanks,
    Steve
    My Treo 600 will be here Tues.
    MegaClock available at megasoft2000.com
    Last edited by TomiJ; 10/12/2003 at 08:54 PM.
    bump.

bigclock is crashing my sprint treo 600 as well. whenever I try for the menu with either stylus or button.

This really makes me sad, I love bigclock! I wish I knew what the error was.
    I too, have tried MegaClock, and used the _LR .prc and still it does not give an audible tone when the unit has the keyguard lock enabled. Anyone have a workaround for this?
    I've tried a bunch of the alarm apps out there and they all have problems with the keyguard business. Even DateBk5 has issues, sometimes the alarm sounds, but if a key is pressed, it will stop and the keyguard notice comes up. Other times the screen turns on, the keyguard notice is up right away, and the alarm doesn't play at all.

Hopefully this is something developers can work around ... I used the alarm feature on my old Samsung phone almost as much as I used the phone for calls! So simple -- I could set an alarm in about 5 seconds using one hand. Is that too much to ask?
    I am getting the standard crash with bigclock 2.83. Sounds like 2.8 works. Can anyone post it here?

It's distributed under GNU - so I think posting it is allowed.

Thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast