Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by koros
    is there any app to wake you up with an mp3 stored in RAM/SD card ?

does pockettunes or other mp3 soft player have this feature ?

boy, i would love to plug in some minispeakers and go to sleep...
    ...can you select the volume your alarm/mp3 wil play at ?

Actually there is! As I previously mentioned in this thread, you can setup your alarm clock to play a mp3 using a freeware app called LookAtMe which you can download here. This is a cool little alarm/app launcher that will let you automatically launch any app when an alarm is scheduled. I have sucessfully used this with Pocket Tunes to play a mp3 and it works great! Here's a quick setup:

-download LookAtMe from the above link and hotsync
    -set new alarm in LookAtMe, specify time and days
    -click on "application to launch" and select Pocket tunes. If loaded PT on the SD card, select from internal.
    -select second = 1
    -goto to Pocket Tunes>prefs>advanced prefs>select "start playing on startup"
    -select the mp3 or shoutcast url

Viola! I've tried this with both mp3's and Shoutcast streaming and it works great for both!!! WAHOO!!!!!!!! I can't believe how incredible this is! The only negative is if you have the beta version of PT which requires you to click the nag boxes on startup. The mp3/shoutcast stream will not start unless you obviously dismiss the nag boxes... But overall this works awesome!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    THIS IS AWESOME! THANKS!
    Multiclock as posted here works very well with my new treo - thank you!
    If you want to replace the system beep, beep with wave or mp3 files then get wavAlarms. It is the only app that allows you assign sound files to any app with alarms. It's cool!

visit www.toysoft.ca
    Originally posted by smiley88
    If you want to replace the system beep, beep with wave or mp3 files then get wavAlarms. It is the only app that allows you assign sound files to any app with alarms. It's cool!

visit www.toysoft.ca
    I'd love to do this, but I do not see a system app to select in wavalarms. Didn't see it in the pdf either. (The system beep is not an alarm app.) Could you post instructions?

Also, the pdf mentions how to get Datebk5 to see wav files via wavalarm, using "silent" alarms, but the instructions were not clear to me. Any idea?
    Iw Bulter the only mp3 alrm clock out there? This is ludacris.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    I'd love to do this, but I do not see a system app to select in wavalarms. Didn't see it in the pdf either. (The system beep is not an alarm app.) Could you post instructions?

Also, the pdf mentions how to get Datebk5 to see wav files via wavalarm, using "silent" alarms, but the instructions were not clear to me. Any idea?
    You use Lightwav and not wavAlarms. in the Alarms tab screen you can assign and sound file the selected application. the application must support alarms for this to work. once you have assigned a sound file eg: wav/mp3 then goto the application that sets the alarm eg: datebook and wait for the alarm to go off. Lightwav must be enabled in the General Prefs.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    What is the best Alarm Clock app out there that allows for MP3 alarms and also has a snooze function?

I had been using BeeOnTime (I loved the snooze capability on there) but it caused my Treo to crash....so I am now in the market for a new one!

I have loaded LookAtMe, and I like the app, but I would like a snooze feature too :P
    is there an app that plays the alarm when the phone is set on the silent button on the top?
    I love this thread. But I don't know what to do with my Treo 600. The alarm that is built-in to the Calendar only sounds or vibrates ONE TIME. And then the screen just stays there and doesn't alert me anymore. I don't know if it is keyguard or something else. What happens is I set my alarm to play 3 times per minute for 100 times. And all of my alarms play once and then stops.

What can I do to stop this? And what is causing this to my Treo 600? Anyone else have the same problem as me?
  11. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I use the built-in alarm under "details" when I need an alarm, which is very often since I tend to forget appointments... It plays every 5 minutes or so until I dismiss. Works fine for me very time. I'm not sure why yours only sounds once. Try it on different settings for alarm (1 to 60 minutes) - I usually use 15 minutes.
    I use Bob's Alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsroy326
    is there an app that plays the alarm when the phone is set on the silent button on the top?
    I heard from a developer that it is a hard switch and therefore no software can overcome it. I know the switch on the 300 was soft, so maybe the person in question was confused.
    I've used (and paid for) Big clock since my 180. But it does burp my 600. Specifically whenever I try to access the menus (by clicking at the top of the sceen or by using the Menu button) it causes a reset.

But- since I mostly use the Colunt Down Timer portion - and haven't found a better substitute - I just live with the bug. [and I don't access Menus).

In a perfect world, the developer would fix it for the newest O/Ss - but hey, it does what I want it to.
    I have been using BeeOnTime myself on my Treo 650 w/ the PalmOne Update.

I have learned that once and a while I will get a random reset of my alarms. They will reset to 11:59pm. I can have 1 alarm or 5 alarms, but there is no "pattern" that this happens. Worked great for a week or so, but then started to get them on and off. Once caused me to be late for work, but the alarm did go off at 11:59pm (work 11pm-7am shift). So that was kinda bad, but I have seen it do it on other times when it wasnt "important". Once it reset all 3 alarms at once.

I have emailed the developer and have yet to recieve a responce. Has anyone else gotten this problem?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123