Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Gil
    Megaclock will not put forth an audible alarm (even with keylock off) on my Treo 600 if the screen is off when the alarm begins. If the screen is on, it works fine. Anyone else have any suggestions.
    Thanks
    Has anyone found an alarm that works...this is the final piece of SW that I need to be completely migrated to my treo 600 as my only device (got rid of old, phone, PDA, and pager).

Any guidance? An alarm that works with keyguard for Treo 600

Treo_user5
    Has anyone found an alarm that works...this is the final piece of SW that I need to be completely migrated to my treo 600 as my only device (got rid of old, phone, PDA, and pager).

Any guidance? An alarm that works with keyguard for Treo 600

Treo_user5
    I like Alarming. Small and simple.
    I've installed Bob's alarm v1.67. It succcessfully wakes up a locked Treo 600, just no sound yet.

I've tried Superclock, Megaclock and Bigclock and none of them wake up the treo 600, some cause soft resets.

I also prefer the interface to Bob's alarm over the others.

Hopefully Bob can get the sound working.

For more info check out

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_Software/

You will need to be a registered Yahoo member to access. Includes latest builds and Bob seems real active in his support.
    Turned out a soft reset resolved the sound issue.

However there is an issue in how "snooze" is implimented. When the alarm goes off you tap the screen to hit snooze. However the screen is locked so no snooze.

It's also lacking 5-way support.

Overall I like it enough to register.

With this app my Treo 600 software collection is complete.
    I too like Bob's but am unable to get it to work. When the handheld is locked, nothing happens. When it's awake, it misses unless I am in the apps menu.

It does look the best, but still doesn't work. If he gets it to work, I will gladly hand over my hard earned cash.

We need to tell him that the Treo doesn't have a good alarm clock, and that if he was able to get it working, could probably make a small fortune....at least enough to buy a happy meal
    Thanks to flyinjack's post, i found a workaround that works pretty good for me. I installed Disable Buttons 2.1 (freeware). (see link below)

I have it set up where when I hit the power button (on the front or top of phone) to turn off the phone (screen). To turn the phone back on, i DOUBLE press any of the 4 app buttons next to the d-pad and it takes me to the corresponding app (phone, calendar, email). I really like this feature.

Gets rid of the need to press the center button to unlock (and allows the alarm programs to work fine) - ie: avoiding the keyguard issue.

I haven't had any problems with double presses in my pocket as of yet, but YMMV. I've attached the freeware program Disable Buttons to this post.

fyi - i like MegaClock ok, but I especially like WorldMatePro (alarm is ok - all the other features like weather/atomic clock sync/travel stuff/etc are great!)

Doug Darden

HERES FLYINJACK'S ORIGINAL POST:
    "flyinjack
    keyguard problem
    I have found a work around for the keyguard. Disable Buttons allows you to disable all of the buttons on the phone (minus the power button of course) and you an then turn off the keyguard. To turn the phone on all you do is press the power button on the top and no longer have the key guard active or that annoying press center stuff.
    This app is freeware and works great! I also prevents the keys from turning on the treo. Hope this helps some of you..."

HERES A LINK TO Disable Buttons 2.1 at PALMGEAR:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodID=47316
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It can sound an alarm that gets past the eyguard - but does throw up an error which you have to acknowledge.
    I have treid Bugme, which is a notetaking app but has an alarm - it seems to work even with keyguard on.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Bugme works for me as well.

In addition, I use the calander's built in alarms as well.
    For those who want an alarm app for the Treo 600 with sound, even when the phone is off : use Multiclock. Great stuff!
    I just tried MultiClock on Stannes rec and it does work. The alarms sound even with the keyguard on.

While it's not free like BigClock it's $10 to register after 30 days.
    Originally posted by DougDarden
    Thanks to flyinjack's post, i found a workaround that works pretty good for me. I installed Disable Buttons 2.1 (freeware). (see link below)

I have it set up where when I hit the power button (on the front or top of phone) to turn off the phone (screen). To turn the phone back on, i DOUBLE press any of the 4 app buttons next to the d-pad and it takes me to the corresponding app (phone, calendar, email). I really like this feature.

Gets rid of the need to press the center button to unlock (and allows the alarm programs to work fine) - ie: avoiding the keyguard issue.

I haven't had any problems with double presses in my pocket as of yet, but YMMV. I've attached the freeware program Disable Buttons to this post.

fyi - i like MegaClock ok, but I especially like WorldMatePro (alarm is ok - all the other features like weather/atomic clock sync/travel stuff/etc are great!)

Doug Darden

HERES FLYINJACK'S ORIGINAL POST:
    "flyinjack
    keyguard problem
    I have found a work around for the keyguard. Disable Buttons allows you to disable all of the buttons on the phone (minus the power button of course) and you an then turn off the keyguard. To turn the phone on all you do is press the power button on the top and no longer have the key guard active or that annoying press center stuff.
    This app is freeware and works great! I also prevents the keys from turning on the treo. Hope this helps some of you..."

HERES A LINK TO Disable Buttons 2.1 at PALMGEAR:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodID=47316
    That's an awesome little gem. Not just for the alarm - I had started hating the KeyGuard thing in less than 14 days. I'm so happy about this Disable Buttons program. Best tweak I've seen so far for the Treo 600!
    Very nice utility! buh bye Keyguard!
    Not sure if this will work.

UPDATE: I get a "file format not recognized" when I try downloading directly from the site...I guess i have to hotsync/ifrared this type of file for the T6 to recognize it...anyone know why that is?
    Last edited by petesamprs; 10/23/2003 at 10:44 AM.
    Do exactly what Doug Darden suggested:

1) Download the disable button software.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?f...A0&prodID=47316

After installing it, disable all buttons except the one you want to use to turn it on. I copied Doug's idea and made it so I have to double press any app button to start that ap (to do this, just make sure "enable double press" is checked) YOU THEN HAVE TO GO AND "DISABLE" KEYGUARD IN THE PREFERENCES-->KEYGUARD MENU. Keyguard will no longer turn on but your T6 will still be protected from accidental presses due to the disable button software.

2) Download bigclock 2.8 below (I dug around and finally found the version that supposedly doesn't crash the T6). It is free.

I d/led it and did some fooling around and it seems to be ok. The alarm will turn on fine, whether or not the screen is on. It continues to not work if you manually enable keyguard (option + 4th app button), but you shouldn't be doing that anyway. You should no longer ever use keyguard.

Hope this helps...let us know if you start seeing issues with this method...THANKS DOUG!
    Last edited by petesamprs; 10/23/2003 at 10:12 PM.
    Works great !!!!

Thanks Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I too have been using bigclock for years on other Handspring devices. However, this I get the crash when going up to the menu like others have. I now use megaclock. But I have found that in order to have the alarm have sound, I have to turn the keyguard off, which kinda sucks in my opinion. I wish there was a built in option to toggle the sound on or off.

I liked the option in bigclock where you could choose to ignore the system sound level. I wish there was something like that for keylock in ANY alarm clock application.

Is there?

Thanks,

mansona
    Multiclock works like a charm...with or without keyguard on, and it is free from download.com, or freewarepalm.com. It is not as intense as bigclock or multiclock, but, by gum...it works!!! Or don't by gum, your choice.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast