Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Well I did buy the T3.
    But it is boring.
    It is not connected to anything...cannot receive emails, browse, get news, so I got a Treo 600.

I really missed the keyboard power. Going back to graffiti was horrible.

SO I returned the T3. I'm with the 600 now and very happy.

I will await eagerly the 320 x 320 screen, a better camera, and I'd like a voice recorder.

But the integration is amazing in this little device.
    excepted! ..... just don't do it again!

welcome back
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Less than two weeks ago, I figured I would wait for the next updated Treo600 so I can avoid a mistake I made on the Treo 270 (backlight problems) when it first came out. I was one of the first that got those units. So this time around I thought I need to buy me a good phone for now because the T270 couldn't even give me an hour of talk time anymore. I decided I would get a Sony Ericsson T610 and keep my T270 as a PDA. The plan was to wait for a Treo 600 to have the BT, better Res., Wi-Fi, and in a nice aluminum case instead of plastic, which realistically, I think it's probably less than a year away.

Last night I dropped by the Sprint store at the Mall and was shocked to see a Treo 600, and after I held it in my hands for a few seconds, I knew I had to have it now. This morning, I returned my Sony T610 for a full refund and have re-joined all of you crazy people waiting for the T-mobile Treo 600!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mgauss

Integration is key.

In some previous posts I mentioned that I took the plunge on a better PDA (Sony Clie TG-50 with a Siemens S55 GSM Phone w/Bluetooth). The Clie had 320x320 screen OS5 with a keyboard. The S55 is a highly regarded bluetooth phone. I felt this would be a killer combination compared to my boring treo 270.

In the end it took me a week and half to get a bluetooth connection settinng right between the two devices. When it did work a suffered twice as many interrnet disconnects as I had to now contend with the normal GPRS drops plus Bluuetooth disconnects. I bought a Bluetooth headset and loved it, but found I couldn not use it when the PDA and phone werre communicating. IM was a pain and e-mail was more trouble then it was worth. The boring 270 outshined the would-be killer combination by making integration seamless and uneventful.

I now anxiously await the release of the GSM 600. All the best individual features cannot out-weigh well thought out hardware and software integration. unfortunately i just don't see it happening in a two device package. Treos rock!
    Last edited by JHETZEL; 10/11/2003 at 11:22 PM.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Originally posted by Treo Rat
    Less than two weeks ago, I figured I would wait for the next updated Treo600 so I can avoid a mistake I made on the Treo 270 (backlight problems) when it first came out. I was one of the first that got those units. So this time around I thought I need to buy me a good phone for now because the T270 couldn't even give me an hour of talk time anymore. I decided I would get a Sony Ericsson T610 and keep my T270 as a PDA. The plan was to wait for a Treo 600 to have the BT, better Res., Wi-Fi, and in a nice aluminum case instead of plastic, which realistically, I think it's probably less than a year away.

Last night I dropped by the Sprint store at the Mall and was shocked to see a Treo 600, and after I held it in my hands for a few seconds, I knew I had to have it now. This morning, I returned my Sony T610 for a full refund and have re-joined all of you crazy people waiting for the T-mobile Treo 600!
    TreoRat

It's going to be a long, long winter!!!

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    ...I think we're gonna need a bigger boat.
    Don't forget, if Tmobile T600 is still not available by November 24, I am taking my number and my business to Sprint. My Tmobile contract also ends Dec.1st. I got the right cards and just waiting Tmobile to call it!

Speaking of Tmobile, I don't think their store staff can sell a Treo 600 at all. Not one of the staff there this morning even have any idea how the Treo 270 works. They did say that they will not be selling it anymore when the new "model" comes out. They might be right. If you check the Handspring site, you cannot order a Tmobile T270 anymore.

I get the feeling they may not even sell the Treo600. So for the others, you're right Jake, it will be long, long winter
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Originally posted by imageone
    excepted! ..... just don't do it again!

welcome back
    Now we should wait for PurpleX and SeldomVisitor to say they're sorry too...:shortcut:
    No need - only in the minds of "the poster bashers" has anything that has been said by either of those two been untrue/invalid/grounds-for-apology.

Thinking the TREOs are cool (all the models) is pretty much irrelevant as far as THIS poster is concerned, though that's what THIS poster has said since Day One:

-- http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=34379

The important stuff is whether or not the TREOs will sell (all the models).

So, okay, I guess I can apologize for saying the TREOs are cool...
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 10/12/2003 at 05:27 AM.
    No kidding...why do you think we put up with the 300 for so long? :)
    Mgauss

Thank for giving me idea about T3. I have had T300 for almost a year. I recently moved to a new location , Where every second call would drop or blazer would not log on .
    I bought a SE T 610 bluetooth phone and unlimited internet plan with Tmobile and a T3. I was skeptical initally( Bluettoh is still evloving , connection problems etc.), however i am surprised now.

The connection to internet is almost the same may be a bit faster than my T300 even compared to where I lived previously.
    I am able to browse all sites on a bigger screen. The screen is awesome in a landscape mode . I am able to dial from my PDA . Email is easily accesible . The reception on phone line is excellent compared with my T300. I need to get a blue tooth headset . I am very happy with the combo and currently evaluating it for next 14 days ( trial period ) . If there are no issues like for last 2 day s. I will skip T600, otherwise , I will have to return as you did and will buy T600 for 200 bucks. I have no regret keeping two devices instead of one ,if I continue to get this level of functionality.
    Browsing web on a T3 screen is like someone has put on a pair of new glasses on my eyes . The palm web browser is excellent. Additionally ,I want to convert everything to bluetooth which includes my powerbook, desktop . Apple just came out with bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

The only thing lacking in T3 is the keyboard. The keyboard in graffiti area is equally good may be less slow . The other problem is the battery life specially if your are browsing . My reasons for not considering the T600 are screen resolution and bluetooth support also to a minor extent lowsy connection in my area. I will keep you posted how it goes.
    Well I did buy the T3.
    But it is boring.
    It is not connected to anything...cannot receive emails, browse, get news, so I got a Treo 600.

I really missed the keyboard power. Going back to graffiti was horrible.

SO I returned the T3. I'm with the 600 now and very happy.

I will await eagerly the 320 x 320 screen, a better camera, and I'd like a voice recorder.

OMG!! Didn't we just have a 10 page discussion about this! Anyway, welcome back! Btw...I would have still kept the T3! That thing is damned cool pda...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    But what about showing videos to women?

Teasing. Enjoy the Treo 600. Isn't it awesome? Too bad it's not 320x320 ... maybe next year. Otherwise, it's near-perfect and I absolutely love it.