1.    #1  
    hi all, I am a little confused with all of this so if anyone can help me understand this I would be most greatful!

1. I have aol 3.0 for palm, I do beleive that it was updated to aol3.1 , is there a charge for the update or is it free? (since one has to buy the 3.0 to start with)!

2. also can the aol software be set with the treo 600 to automaticly tell me i have email such as a tone a note, a statement that you have mail, without having to sign in?

3. is webclipping sofware needed with aol3.1?

4. do we need different web clipping software for aol on treo 600 that we all were using on the treo 300?

thansk a million and take care, jay
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by ilovedessert
    [B]hi all, I am a little confused with all of this so if anyone can help me understand this I would be most greatful!

1. I have aol 3.0 for palm, I do beleive that it was updated to aol3.1 , is there a charge for the update or is it free? (since one has to buy the 3.0 to start with)!

2. also can the aol software be set with the treo 600 to automaticly tell me i have email such as a tone a note, a statement that you have mail, without having to sign in?

3. is webclipping sofware needed with aol3.1?

4. do we need different web clipping software for aol on treo 600 that we all were using on the treo 300?

Jay, I will attempt to answer

1) I have not heard of AOL giving us the upgrade for free. I believe we need to pay another $20 for the product, which sucks, since we had to buy the other version as well. I believe that when people upgraded from V2.0 to V3.0, they had to pay.

2) I am not sure if this is a new feature with V3.1. I know it is not with V3.0. You can go into AOL on your desktop and set up an alert on your mobile device when you receive e-mail from specific e-mail address. They come in the form of SMS messages.

3) Webclipping software is not needed with V3.1, as it was not needed with V3.0 to access the features in the Mobile AOL software.

4) From what I have read in other threads, V5.0 of the Palm OS does not support webclipping, so we are out of luck at the moment using pqa's.

I hope all that gives you a bit of info.
    J.S. Giron
  3.    #3  
    hi, thank you so much and you r right it does suck that aol will expect another $20 for what should be free! take care, jay