1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Plan to order unlocked version. Now the t-mobile recall makes me nervous about the problems. Can anyone with a current unlocked version confirm it works fine with voice and data - or not? Will the unlocked version require special programming or will it just work after inserting the sim card?
    Originally posted by BD1
    Plan to order unlocked version. Now the t-mobile recall makes me nervous about the problems. Can anyone with a current unlocked version confirm it works fine with voice and data - or not? Will the unlocked version require special programming or will it just work after inserting the sim card?
    None of us has a unlocked T600 yet. (that im aware, and if they do i seriously gotta talk to them!)

I bought a unlocked Nokia 6310i put my TMO sim in and it works like a champ no problems what sover, had a little difficulty getting the web settings from them, cause they dont know the phone.
    nobody has an unlocked treo yet to tell you, but i can tell you anyways, the answer is yes...

i only buy unlocked phones, and i've set up about five of them, theres about 3-4 basic settings that you need that are widely published on places like howardforums.com and esato.com.

maybe handspring will get smart and allow the treo to automatically be provisioned via sms off their web site like sony ericsson does for the p800, its very slick, worked like a charm for mine...you pick a series of drop downs specifying which carrier you have and what country you live in, enter your number, and viola, a minute later you're phone is set up for data service...
    Can a unlocked Treo 600 work with Sprint PCS services?
    Originally posted by its_treo4me
    Can a unlocked Treo 600 work with Sprint PCS services?
    No. Sprint is not a GSM service, they are CDMA.