1.    #1  
    On my treo 300 blazer had an option to disconnect on exit which allowed me to just switch to phone or home and the network would disconnect. I don't have that now and the only way I know of to disconnect the network is to go to prefs->network and disconnec there.

any help would be appreciated.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by rodneybarrett
    [B]On my treo 300 blazer had an option to disconnect on exit which allowed me to just switch to phone or home and the network would disconnect. I don't have that now and the only way I know of to disconnect the network is to go to prefs->network and disconnec there.

I was wondering the same thing. I looked for the disconnect and finally found it just as you suggested. Before I found that, I did leave Blazer connected for about 3 hours and when I went back to use the phone, it had disconnected. Maybe there is an auto disconnect from the Sprint network after a certain amount of time??
    J.S. Giron
    I found this a bit annoying too why would gthey remove such a necessary feature?
  4. PxT
    Why is this a necessary feature?
    Once I finish surfing I would like to end my connection so that I am not draining the battery for nothing. PPCPE2002 you were able to disconnect PIE and/or the internet data session on VzW. So why would POS not support this too.
    Originally posted by PxT
    Why is this a necessary feature?
    Another reason that I've found, at least w/my 300, is that the PDA thinks it is still connected when it doesn't seem to be. By doing a disconnect and then a refresh, to invoke the dialer, hen the connection usually works again.
    I found the lack of a disconnect method surprising also since I don't stay connected all the time.

But I also found an easy work around for me.

I use Agendus Mail (inside Pro) and it has a disconnect icon on the mail page so I just switch to that page and disconnect. Works well that way.

Only problem, Agendus is not free, but I love the way it organizes my stuff and email so it was worth the $40 cost.

Dave
    Originally posted by Lucky_One

Another reason that I've found, at least w/my 300, is that the PDA thinks it is still connected when it doesn't seem to be. By doing a disconnect and then a refresh, to invoke the dialer, hen the connection usually works again.
    My sloppy workaround for this is to turn the phone off and on again. It's two button pushes vs leaving Blazer going to prefs and disconnecting.
    After I switch out of the browser the arrows turn gray. At this point I can make and receive calls just fine.

I asked the Sprint people about this (I know, take it with a grain of salt) and they said that Sprint is trying to make Vision an always on service for all of its phone eventually.

This may be why the 600s SMS isnt working yet, it may be utilizing a newer service that Sprint is still tweaking.