1.    #1  
    I currently own a Sanyo 4900 which has served me well for over a year now - up until two weeks ago. My original phone was water damaged and I had it replaced throught the Sprint insurance program. When I received my second 4900 model it was refurbished and the reception was MUCH worse than my original 4900 phone. For example, my old phone worked in my elevator and parking garage whereas my new replacement phone will lose connection. Also, there are about 6 or 7 drop points in a 12 mile jot home from work. My original phone only suffered from one (which happened to be one of the 6 or 7 of the second phone). So apparently my reception on the second identical model phone is MUCH worse than the first making me believe that all cell phones (even if they are the same make/model) may not have the same reception strength. Has anyone else realized this with other phones?

How is the reception on the 600? Can anyone compare it to that of the Sanyo models or any other phone? Are there more places where calls are dropped?

My new 600 is arriving this Tuesday (JOY!) so I guess I'll find out for myself then. Just a little impatient to know....
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I'm in Las Vegas and my home has always had spotty coverage from Sprint. I've had many different model phones, the last being the Treo 300. The Treo 600 is the best by far! I can't tell you how happy I am about that. It'll still drop calls and also take a minute to find a signal on occasion. But I haven't missed a call yet with it, and it works in rooms where no other phone has before.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Originally posted by agn727
    I'm in Las Vegas and my home has always had spotty coverage from Sprint. I've had many different model phones, the last being the Treo 300. The Treo 600 is the best by far! I can't tell you how happy I am about that. It'll still drop calls and also take a minute to find a signal on occasion. But I haven't missed a call yet with it, and it works in rooms where no other phone has before.
    So you haven't missed any calls yet due to the sprint prob w/ sending calls to vm while data transfers?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    That was a problem for the Treo 300, too, right? But no, it hasn't affected me yet. I only used Blazer last night to get some sports scores. So, I really haven't tested that situation out enough yet to give it a fair answer. However, when I have my mail program downloading the 400+ messages in my Yahoo mailbox tonight, I'll be sure to miss a call or two!