Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I see that JackFlash now supports Palm OS5 devices. Has anyone tried it yet on their Treo 600. I'm always looking to free-up as much memory as possible.

David
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'm going to bump my own post here with some new information. I emailed Brayder Technolgies regarding whether Jackflash could be used on the Treo 600. I got a response this morning indicating that they are working on support for the Treo 600 and hope to have it soon. I will report back when I have the update. I for one am very anxious to get this product working for me again. I filled up all of my ROM on the Treo 300 and it was really nice to have that extra space.

David
    How much flash were you able to free on the treo 300?
    It depends on how many built-in apps you wish to remove.

I left the built-in ones alone and only removed foreign languages on my Treo 270

Got 1.4mb extra flash ram to play with
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    On my T300, I removed a bunch of languages and several of the built-in apps that I never use (expense manager, etc.). I can't remember how much flash I freed up, but it was quite a bit. Then I used the flash to store a ton of my "must have" apps (Big Clock, Bejeweld, TreoAlertMgr, etc.).

David
    Has anyone actually run JackFlash on their 600? Care to share any results?
    Brayder will not be supporting the Treo 600. It has been built to
    very tight specifications and there is no Flash available for our products
    to manage.

The Support Team
    Brayder Technologies Inc.
    This is a shame as there is quite a bit of memory that could be freed up from the UK Orange Treo as we have Italian, German and French languages in the ROM.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Same here. The Sprint version's flash is loaded with tons of apps etc that I'd love to delete and use the space for something else. In addition to extra languages, there are the various tutorials, expense manager . . . . What a shame.
    Could not agree more -- this is a shame.

Has anyone actually tried to install a OS5-friendly version and see if it works?