Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Onion looks fine to me. Are you sure you're using the most recent, OS 5 version of AvantGo?
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Onion looks fine to me. Are you sure you're using the most recent, OS 5 version of AvantGo?
    ugh. well i'm using the one that i downloaded from avantgo website yesterday so i assume it's the latest - i didn't get the one that is installed on the desktop - but the wireless only one (palm only)... could that be the difference? i tried deleting and reinstalling but it's the exact same thing... i just checked my version on the treo - it's 5.2 build 83?
    take my "home" screen of avantgo for example - the channel list (and everything else) is jammed onto the left half of the screen (the right half is empty) - the avantgo logo/ad at the top is unreadable, and where it says "add/remove" that is unreadable too (and ad at the bottom)... my channel list is readable but def doesn't appear right...
    A bit more geeky, but much more customisable - and works for any web page.
    Not so quick to sync - but can sync on it's own at a set time.

I was forced off avantgo by overzealous network admins - but wouldn't switch back now.
    Originally posted by treoZilla
    take my "home" screen of avantgo for example - the channel list (and everything else) is jammed onto the left half of the screen (the right half is empty) - the avantgo logo/ad at the top is unreadable, and where it says "add/remove" that is unreadable too (and ad at the bottom)... my channel list is readable but def doesn't appear right...
    I've heard that this is a known issue, but I don't know if/when AvantGo will fix this.
    ok i fixed it. i downloaded and installed 5.3 and also the windows version and one of those (or the combination) seemed to fix me up... FYI.

To be honest i really prefer iSilo but the flexibility of being able to sync wherever i am is too great!
    [B]ok i fixed it. i downloaded and installed 5.3 and also the windows version and one of those (or the combination) seemed to fix me up... [B]
    Where did you find 5.3? I only see 5.2 on their site.
    I am a little confused here. Is anyone having success with Avantgo on the Treo 600? I just got off the phone with someone from tech support at Avantgo who said that the problem of the squished half screen is a known issue with no fix available and none forseen.
    i had that same problem but i installed the "windows" version (which in turn installed the .prc), then i went to my avantgo account and made sure "wireless" was installed (it's an option in the my account section)... now everything works great. the version i installed was the one you can download from their site under the os5 radio button...

and it works perfectly - even with the 5 way.
    ps the avantgo connect conduit was automatically set to "Do Nothing" by the installation program so i don't have to worry about it trying to update my channels when i hotsync - only via the treo600 when i do a "modem sync".
    i had that same problem but i installed the "windows" version (which in turn installed the .prc), then i went to my avantgo account and made sure "wireless" was installed (it's an option in the my account section)... now everything works great. the version i installed was the one you can download from their site under the os5 radio button...

and it works perfectly - even with the 5 way.
    Bingo! That's the ticket! Following treoZilla's instructions has Avantgo working correctly.
    avanto seems 2x fatser than the blazer 3 imo
    to be honest i had totally given up on avantgo last year - but now i'm back again - the 5 way works like a charm and it does seem nice and fast - i'm hooked again now that i'm wireless.
    Originally posted by nwo504
    avanto seems 2x fatser than the blazer 3 imo
    True, but it's rendering 1/3 as much -- no JavaScript, no CSS, no background colors, no animated GIFs, etc. Tradeoffs, tradeoffs...
    sounds like at least 3 of us installed the wireless version:

'wireless_only5.2.zip'

and had this display issue. This was resolved when going to the windows version:

'AGPalmClientConsumer.exe'

For reference, I used 'InWatch' by stackworks.com to fully un-install both.

You do NOT need to install the 'wireless_only5.2.zip' before the
    'AGPalmClientConsumer.exe'. Just install the AG...exe and everything works great.

For wireless sync on the t600, just install
    'AGPalmClientConsumer.exe' and then config the 'AdvantGo Connect' conduit to 'do nothing' and then set the t600 to wireless sync...

Really seems to work great with 5-way and very fast.

Also, I think the browser does support javascript (syncing right now so can't check).
    USR Pilot 1000 > 3com Palm Pro with Motorola pager module > k6035 > t600
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12