Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's lots of comments here and there on minor and major problems with the Sprint handsets. Mine are the occasional soft reset, tinny speakerphone, button rattle, and most important, the SD card does not go flush with the top..
    Does anyone out there have a handset that has had NO problems at all so far- ever?
    Trying to evaluate whether or not to request a replacement unit.
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by Mort
    There's lots of comments here and there on minor and major problems with the Sprint handsets. Mine are the occasional soft reset, tinny speakerphone, button rattle, and most important, the SD card does not go flush with the top..
    Does anyone out there have a handset that has had NO problems at all so far- ever?
    Thanks.
    My only complaint is that my Vision service stopped working yesterday and they haven't been able to figure out the problem. That's more of a SprintPCS problem than a Handspring problem.

Other than that, so far I'm thrilled.
    Thanks.
    Besides a very small button rattle, not a single problem.
    I haven't had any trouble so far at all. Vision has worked well and quickly, the build quality is very good - solid all around.

The only issue that I'm watching closely is the speakerphone. I noticed some variation in the speaker quality though the microphone is top notch - people can't tell I'm on it.

In any case, I added the $4/mo insurance just in case I really do have any issues.

Good luck.

-former
    -former
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    After 2 days, seems perfect. No rattles, dead pixles, etc. (knock on wood)
    First T600 from Sprint was perfect. Second T600 from Handspring has the rattle on the directional button. Too bad I have to send back the Sprint version...

Edit: To clarify, I don't think I would have even noticed the rattling button had it not been for the fact that I had another Treo that had a very tight button.
    Last edited by treotim; 10/11/2003 at 12:04 PM.
    and most important, the SD card does not go flush with the top.
    I must admit that the SD card thing annoys me. Every time I put the phone in the provided case I eject the memory card.

I'm trying to learn not to touch that area, but it's the most logical place to push. Thank goodness there is a sound assoicated with ejection otherwise I could see losing a few cards.

Having said that - I don't think one will find a card that won't stick out. The phone design ensures it.
    The SD card is not flush by design - it's not one of those defects like the rattling buttons...

In fact I think if you put MMC cards in the slot, you need to be able to pull them out using your fingernail - typically MMCs don't use the "push-push" eject mechanism.

Even if you got a "perfect" replacement unit, you'll have exactly the same non-flush SD...

Toto
    nothing wronghere, if anything i have a positive defect, everyone is saying thecamera sucks, but my pics came out pretty good heres a sample...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Now that I know that the SD card isn't supposed to be flush...my 600 has been perfect! (knocks on wood)
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by intractv

I must admit that the SD card thing annoys me. Every time I put the phone in the provided case I eject the memory card.

I'm trying to learn not to touch that area, but it's the most logical place to push. Thank goodness there is a sound assoicated with ejection otherwise I could see losing a few cards.

Having said that - I don't think one will find a card that won't stick out. The phone design ensures it.
    Intractv:

I mentioned earlier in a different thread that I believed the SD slot not having a door was a BIG design defect. I was told the reason they did not put a door over the SD slot was because there are a number of SD IO cards that are taller and would need to stick out of the device.

This makes sense, but I think on the next Treo they should put a sliding door over the SD card slot so that if you have a classic SD card, just for memory, it is protected, and won’t bounce out by mistake. If you have an SD IO card with say a flash for the camera or something that needs to stick out of the SD slot; then you would just keep the sliding door open.

What do you think?

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I haven't had a single problem yet with mine... but unfortunately I'll be returning it to sprint so I can get it cheaper from handspring.
    had a problem w/ resets until I did a clean reload. all else is great. huge improvements in all areas over the 300
    my treo came with no available sounds/ringers.had to reset it. works well. speaker may be a problem. will give it a little more time. if i return. i get a recondition one that one of you have probably dumped, or to those who have gotten a replacement was it new?
    Originally posted by JTREOB : speaker may be a problem.
    JTREOB, what may be the problem with your speaker? What are you concerned about?
    Originally posted by leobag
    JTREOB, what may be the problem with your speaker? What are you concerned about?
    i get the vibration almost like a blown speaker sound when i have it on high with speaker phone. i don't get it when i play tunes at high volumn. i"m thinking it may be this way for all 600's. i need to read from others who are having this problem that the problem has been corrected with a replacement. thus' i'll wait for more feed back at treo central.
    Actually ...that was the first thing I started looking for...problems......It's been 24 hours since I received the phone in the mail......still can't find anything. Even the things that i have added are flawless.......Snappermail.....Verichat.....Pocket Tunes.....all are in good shape....!!

iGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    "i get the vibration almost like a blown speaker sound when i have it on high with speaker phone. i don't get it when i play tunes at high volumn. i"m thinking it may be this way for all 600's."

Mine does something similar when I call others and hear the initial ringing. - it's a rattling fuzz sound like a blown speaker - Once the other side picks up there aren't any problems. I just thought this was normal. This doesn't happen with every call I make. I think I've noticed when I call different mobile carriers, some are louder than others. Is this happening to anybody else also?
    So far mine looks, acts and works just like it should. No complaints just love it. The only issue I could comment on is the signal strength eating my battery time, rather annoying, so when the car charger gets here that will take care of that problem.
    NO PROBLEMS HERE IN CHEESEHEAD LAND.................. I love my new gadget.......... Only here at my conventina few hours and already getting a few ooohhhs and ahhhhs, and one "I thought that wasnt supposed to hit the market til next week, how did you get one so fast.............
    Jeff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast