Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by JTREOB

i get the vibration almost like a blown speaker sound when i have it on high with speaker phone. i don't get it when i play tunes at high volumn. i"m thinking it may be this way for all 600's. i need to read from others who are having this problem that the problem has been corrected with a replacement. thus' i'll wait for more feed back at treo central.

Same problem here. Above volume 4 or 5, if the other side is kinda loud, it starts sounding like a blown out speaker. Everything else about the unit is so perfect, I don't want to send it back and a) be without it for a week, b) possibly get one back that has other stuff wrong with it.

I'll wait a bit to see if more people have this issue. The warranty is one year, so I can wait.
    The SD slot in my HP iPaq 2215 is flush, but it has a little notch so you can pull the card out with your nail. It uses a push-push eject system, too. It also accepts SDIO devices that need to protrude.

So there's no need to make the SD card extend from the body... they should have just put a notch in the casing around the slot.
    Because the speaker is on the back of the unit, I heard that Handspring had to adjust the configuration on the speaker to a higher level which causes some vibration/noise at high volume. My Treo 600 does the same thing, so I normally try to keep my volume adjustment the top two bars. And since the vibration/noise only happens with the speakerphone, I don't think it's worth sending back.
    Have had my T600 for 4 days now. On the 3rd day the speaker at the top (you know the bulge) stopped emitting sound. When I get calls I can't hear the other caller... unless I put it on speakerphone or attach a headset.

Sprint is suppose to replace my T600 tomorrow after locating 1 in my area.

I'm hoping this one doesnt have a bunk speaker too!
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I haven't seen this complaint before, but I find that in an effort to hit the middle "select" button in the directional pad, I often hit the ^UP or v Down directionals instead. I wish that center button stuck out a bit further so I could hit it without touching other buttons.

[or perhaps I'm just clumsy]

Secondly, it is bizarre that the screen looks off center- tilted toward the left...making it look like there's a 6-7 pixel gap from top to bottom on the right hand side of the unit.

Other than that...GREAT!
    Originally posted by phildro
    I often hit the ^UP or v Down directionals instead. I wish that center button stuck out a bit further
    I agree... I have small hands and I still sometimes hit a direction instead of the center button. I've adjusted by kinda hitting it with the side of my thumb and nail.

I usually forget that the screen is shifted to the left... so its no biggie for me.

- Leo
    Had mine for 3 days. The only problem I have with it is that I want to mess with it all the time.. I think it is GREAT!

Bob
    Bob
    No complaints here.
    Mine is perfect.
    It might be perfect.... i wouldn't know though.... since the freakin GSM 600 isn't in my hand now!
    Originally posted by newuser
    "i get the vibration almost like a blown speaker sound when i have it on high with speaker phone. i don't get it when i play tunes at high volumn. i"m thinking it may be this way for all 600's."

Mine does something similar when I call others and hear the initial ringing. - it's a rattling fuzz sound like a blown speaker - Once the other side picks up there aren't any problems. I just thought this was normal. This doesn't happen with every call I make. I think I've noticed when I call different mobile carriers, some are louder than others. Is this happening to anybody else also?
    It's not normal. A lot of the initial phones (including mine) from Sprint seem to have this defect.
    Hey everyone,

Got my T600 on Friday. Mine "seems" fine except for a little power-button rattle when I really shake it.

But, my screen isn't really centered? It is off-set to the left of the housing. Anyone else's screen like this?

Besides that, it seems to work great!

Dave Lindberg
    Originally posted by ksfhhllp
    The SD slot in my HP iPaq 2215 is flush, but it has a little notch so you can pull the card out with your nail. It uses a push-push eject system, too. It also accepts SDIO devices that need to protrude.

So there's no need to make the SD card extend from the body... they should have just put a notch in the casing around the slot.
    Actually, they wouldn't have to look further than to Palm Tungsten W - the memory SD-card in my W is totally flush, yet it's easy to take out either by a finger nail or by "push-pull".

/Christopher
    Has anyone had problems with NO sound when the Wireless mode is turned on or turned off? When I turn on my T600 it just happens silently. Is there any setting I can change so that phone makes the sounds as noted in the user manual?

Thanks!

From Page 27 of User Manual ...

"Press and hold the Wireless Mode button to turn on Wireless Mode. (You will hear a series of ascending tones and the phone displays “Welcome” and then “Searching for Service” until it locates a signal.)"

"Press and hold the Wireless Mode button again to turn off Wireless Mode. You will hear a series of descending tones and a “Goodbye.” message appears on the screen."
    Well! just figured out ... you have to keep the system sound "on" in the Preferences > General > System Sound setting. This is off course different from Treo 300 where you heard the sound regardless of the System Sound setting. I hope this is normal behavior. Could anybody post their experience? Thanks!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12